- Text Size +

“God damn!” Sasha screamed as she balled her fists together and slammed them against the cement. She was going through a total break down. “We’re never getting out of here! There’s no use! We’re done for!” Sasha cried. Allison looked at her friend with soft eyes.


“Sasha, relax, there’s got to be a way out. Michael wouldn’t make it so that we can’t survive,


“And why wouldn’t he?!” Sasha snapped.


“Because this,” Allison began as she gestured all around her, “Us being here, it’s all just a game for him. He enjoys watching us suffer and then getting up and coming back for me. He likes it. It’s like a reality show for him,”


“Well it’s like Hell for me,” Sasha muttered as she crossed her arms over her chest.


“It’s Hell for both of us, but there’s got to be a way out,” Allison said as she looked around, hoping for something. As she looked, her optimism quickly faded. There really was nothing to use! Nothing at all! It was just an empty room. No windows. No furniture. No nothing.


Suddenly, they heard a door open and heard footsteps walking along the cement. They both turned around and screamed.


“Get away! Get away!” Sasha screamed as she clawed at the zombie that was advancing towards them.


“Break its neck! Break its neck!” Allison told her.


“No!” screamed the zombie. Allison and Sasha were both taken aback. Did the zombie just... talk? No.... surely that must be some mistake! Zombies don’t talk! They moan! They groan! They walk around all slowly... but they most definitely don’t talk!


“W-what did you just say?” Allison asked. The zombie looked at her.


“Don’t hurt me, I’m here to help you,” she explained.


“How are you talking?” Sasha questioned, staring at the zombie girl with eyes as wide as saucers.


“Listen to me,” she began as she grabbed Sasha by the shoulders, “I’m not a zombie. I was one of Michael’s victims too... I tried to escape so many times but there was no use. I came to the conclusion that there was no way out of this house, but I didn’t want to endure any more pain, and I most definitely didn’t want to die. So, I camouflaged myself into this!” she exclaimed as she gestured at her own body.


“Wow...” Allison gasped. The woman blushed.


“I’m still human, I’ve just covered myself up. I’m still waiting for the day that I can escape, but right now, I want to help you two,” she began as she pulled a hammer from her belt. She swung it over her shoulder and whacked the cement as hard as she could. It cracked. She swung at it again and again and again and again. In about an hour, she had gotten Sasha free from the cement. Sasha examined herself, thankful to see that she still had al of her skin.


“Oh my God,” she breathed, “Thank you so much!” she exclaimed as she gave the girl a hug. The girl quickly hugged her back and then handed Sasha her own hammer.


“Now help me get your friend out,” she told her. The both started to get Allison out, and in half on hour Allison was free. She was also thankful to see that her skin was all on her body. She hugged the girl as well.


“Thank you! You have no idea how much we appreciate this!” Allison thanked, tears streaming down the sides of her cheeks. The girl smiled.


“Don’t mention it, just don’t forget about me if you find a way out,” she told her with a smile. They all chuckled a bit.


“What’s your name?” Sasha asked.


“Olivia,” she replied.


“Olivia, do you know anything about Michael?” Allison asked, desperate to get some more answers. The more she knew, the better chance she had at getting out. Olivia shook her head.


“N-no, not really,” she replied as she bowed her head in disappointment; disappointed that she couldn’t be of any more help.


“Are you sure? Nothing at all?” Sasha asked again. Olivia sat there in thought for a minute.


“Well... there is one thing...” she began.


“What! What is it?” Allison asked eagerly, “Tell us! Please! We need to know every bit of information that we can get!”


“All I know,” Olivia started, “Is that he’s some sort of weird mutant freak. I’m sure you’ve already realised that by now though, but anyway, watch out for his hands,”


“His hands?” Allison and Sasha both questioned together as they exchanged confused glances. Olivia nodded.


“Yes, his hands,” she confirmed, “They like... open up... and this weird bug-like thing crawls out. It lives inside of his palms. Their bites cause severe pain and make you black out. He used it on me once,” Olivia shared. Allison gasped.


“Me too!” she exclaimed as she remembered when they first met Michael that night after the mall... She remembered it clear as day... The thing that had crawled up her shirt must have been that! She remembered the pain... the black out... What else could it possibly be?


They were about to start chatting about it some more, when the door flew open and a gust of heavy wind blew. They all squinted their eyes as they looked at the doorway. A frightened look crossed each of their faces when they realised that it was Michael.


“Oh Olivia!” he called in a sing song voice as he walked up to her. Olivia backed away slowly.


“Eeeugghh,” she moaned, trying to play the zombie roll. Michael only chuckled as he grabbed her face and forced her to keep eye contact with him.


“Drop the act darling, I know everything now,” he told her with a sinister cackle as he ran his long finger along her jaw line. Olivia gulped as fear crossed her face. “It’s shame that that’s how it is... I enjoyed having you as my zombie, but I’m afraid that you’ve betrayed my trust. I can’t have this happen again,”


“U-u-understood,” Olivia stammered. Michael laughed softly.


“No, no, no, sweetie. Did you not understand the part I said about trust? You betrayed me. I no longer trust you. I’m afraid you’ll have to... well... die,” Michael told her as he pulled out a knife and slowly cut along her collarbone.


That was enough for Sasha.


“Hey! Stop!” Sasha screamed as she ran up to Michael and grabbed him, trying to get him off of Olivia. Michael’s eyes turned to fire as he spun around, grabbed Sasha by the throat and pressed her against a wall.


“I’ve had enough of you and your games,” he hissed, “I was going to wait for you to die but you’re really giving me no choice,” he told her. Sasha’s eyes widened as he brought the blade to her throat and slit it open. Sasha dropped to her knees, black blood pouring out of her, and then crumpled onto her stomach as she lay there, motionless. Allison and Olivia both screamed. Michael quickly snapped back around and threw the knife directly at Olivia. Olivia flew back as the knife went right through her skull. She stumbled back into the wall and slowly collapsed onto the floor as she drew her last breath. Michael smiled as he pulled the knife from her head.


“You know, I think I’ll do that for now on,” Michael commented as he flipped the knife around in his hand and then put it back in his belt, “Aim at the head. There’s less blood, and that means less mess. I like that,” he replied with a sinister grin. He turned his head towards Allison.


“Got anything you’d like to say?” he asked. Allison gulped and shook her head. Michael chuckled. “That’s what I thought,” he said as he grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her out of the room and down a long hallway.


Allison had no idea what was coming her way.

Chapter End Notes:

:O

And now there's one...