- Text Size +

Allison was too shocked to speak. She had already made a mistake? What mistake could she have made? She hadn’t done anything yet! At all! She tried to forget about it, after all, Michael could just be telling her that to try and scare her. She looked at Sasha, who was scared half to death.


“I’m gunna die...”


“Okay, so maybe you tasted some blood, but it can’t be that bad!” Allison said, trying to comfort her friend but above all, failing miserably. Sasha shot Allison a menacing glare.


“Not that bad?! I tasted diseased blood!”


“Whoever said it was diseased!? Huh? Who!? Tell me! Tell me this instant!” Allison demanded. Sasha huffed and rolled her eyes.


“Well, nobody, but it was implied,” Sasha replied as she folded her arms across her chest. Allison shook her head and rolled her eyes.


“There’s no way we’re going to survive this with that attitude,” Allison told her as she turned her back to her.


“Well no kidding, Michael just said that,” Sasha replied. Allison groaned. She didn’t know why she was so irritated right now! Maybe it was just the fact that deep down she knew that she would never get out of here. Maybe it was the fact that there was some crazy psycho out to get them. Maybe it was the fact that she was going to die and spend her life as a dead person bowing down to Michael. Well, at least, that’s what Michael had said.


“Okay, we have to stop fighting,” Allison began as she spun back around to face her friend. “We’re never going to make it if we keep fighting like this,” Allison finished. Sasha looked at her and nodded.


“Agreed,” she said. They both smiled at each other and hugged again.


“Sorry, I’m just really stressed out right now,” Allison apologized.


“It’s okay, I understand why,” Sasha told her.


“Aw...” said a voice. The two girls both spun around and saw Michael standing there, holding his hands together, head tilted to the side, looking at them with a loving expression. “It’s so nice to see you two making up,” Michael continued. Sasha’s eyes turned to hatred as she lunged for him.


“You bastard!” she screamed as she reached for his throat. Suddenly, she found herself going right through him as the image of Michael flickered a bit and then went back to normal.


“Holy...” Allison gasped. Michael just laughed as the image disappeared and then reappeared on the other side of the room.


“Ah, ah, ah, I’m only on display. You can look but you can’t touch, sorry to disappoint you,” Michael apologized with a cackle.


“Why don’t you come out here and face me like a man?!” Sasha taunted. Michael only laughed harder.


“Because man is weak. Mutants are where it’s at,” Michael replied with a nod. Sasha rolled her eyes.


“Then come out and face me like a mutant,” Sasha retorted.


“I’m afraid I can’t do that darling. Not yet. You’ve got too much life in you still,” Michael replied.


“Well it’s not about to leave anytime soon,” Sasha spat sourly. Michael chuckled.


“If you say so,” Michael replied as his image disappeared. The girls both looked at each other. Allison was thankful to have Sasha there with her to do all of the trash talking, since she was no good at that kind of stuff.


“Well, I guess we can safely assume that he’s a mutant,” Allison commented, breaking the silence. Sasha nodded.


“I guess so,” she replied. Suddenly, a door appeared out of nowhere and slowly creaked open, revealing a dark hall. The girls peered down it.


“Well there’s no way in Hell I’m going down there,” Allison told her as she stepped away from the open door. Sasha laughed a bit and nodded.


“Agreed,” she said. Suddenly, they felt liquid on their feet, and saw blood rising up through the grate.


“It’s coming back up!” Allison screamed as the level of blood rose unexpectedly.


“What do we do?!” Sasha asked in a panic.


“Swim?” Allison suggested. Sasha shook her head.


“If we swim with the rising blood level we’ll only get caught at the top and drown!” Sasha exclaimed. Allison looked back down at the blood that had now risen to her knees.


“Well where else is there to go?!” she screamed. Sasha looked at the door and then back at Allison. She didn’t even wait for Allison to reply, it would be a waste of time. She just grabbed Allison by the wrist and ran like the devil to the hallway that was being flooded with blood itself. As soon as they entered the door slammed shut and no more blood entered.


“Well, we’re safe now,” Sasha commented, breathing heavily from the fright.


“No we’re not!” Allison screamed, “We’re in a dark hall that leads to who knows where! Obviously Michael set this up. He has this whole thing planned out you know that right? He made the blood come back up so that we’d be forced to go in here or drown!” she cried.


“Well I’m sorry but I’d rather be in here than floating in a pool of blood dead!” Sasha screamed. Allison groaned as she started walking down the hall.


“Well we might as well get a move on before Frankenstein shows up to lure us down,” Allison told her sarcastically. Sasha laughed a bit at her friend’s comment. She had to admit that that did seem pretty probable. They both walked down the long corridor. Each step echoed loudly. Suddenly, they heard screeching.


“What’s that?” Sasha asked. They both looked around.


“Bats!” Allison screamed as she ducked down and covered her head as a swarm of bats flew over head. A few of them landed on the two girls, grabbing their hair and tugging on it. They both screamed as they swatted at the bats. Soon enough, they got the message and flew off.


“Damn bats!” Sasha screamed angrily as she tried to fix her hair, although that really was the least of her problems.


“What’s next? A giant spider?” Allison asked.


“Alli! Shut up!” Sasha snapped, “He’ll take that as a challenge!” Sasha told her as she covered her friend’s mouth with her hand. Allison squirmed away from Sasha’s grip.


“Okay, okay, sorry!” Allison apologized in an irritated tone as they continued on down the hallway. They walked for 10 minutes before the complaining commenced.


“I’m hungry,”


“No, I’m hungry!”


“I’m starving!”


“Where do we find food in this damn place anyway?”


“We should have killed a bat and eaten it...”


 After walking and whining about their hunger for at least another 20 minutes, they saw a faint glow.


“Is that a light?” Sasha asked. Allison shrugged.


“I don’t know, but I sure hope that it’s sunlight!” Allison exclaimed as they both started running towards it. When they got to the end they both gasped at the site they saw. It was exactly what they were looking for. Exactly what their bodies craved. It was everything that they wanted at that moment...


Food.