- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

(23 September, 2012)
THE NEW CHAPTER FOUR (4)...
Because I felt like a piece of this story was missing... So I hope you enjoy it!! :)

Once stepping back on the plane, Michael had felt a lot better about going to see Brandon.  He felt like he had a bit of closure.  Most would have never expected Michael to go see Brandon that day, but only remember him, and celebrate in his short life.  The rain had returned, and thumped silently on the plane windows, instinctively making Michael blink in reaction.

 

But not even the rain could hurt him now.

 

The plane started to hum, signaling Michael that the plane was getting ready to lift off, and back to California.  He sat and thought on the day, and how thankful he was that God allowed him to visit his brother's resting place quietly. 

 

He dozed off along the way, letting all the weather pass him, unaware.  It was a sleep he definitely needed,  He had a dream that Brandon was an angel, and he was walking with Michael at Hayvenhurst.  It was a lovely dream for Michael to have.  Maybe it was his conscious's way of saying "That was very kind of you, to go visit him, Michael..."

 

Suddenly, he was jolted out of his dream, and saw that he was still on air.  He looked out the window, and dusk was entering the scene, coloring the skies in different dark shades of black and deep purple.  The stars were bursting out like rhinestones and the moon was slowly following, peeping our from the horizon.  Michael always arored how the sun set; he could see her beauty and not have to protect his eyes... Sunsets were always special for Michael, and so were moon rises... But what Michael liked best, was a beautiful sunrise.  But now that it was night, almost, there was one more thing he wanted to do this evening, before going back to Hayvenhurst.

 

 

Meanwhile, a head hit a pillow, and with a sigh, the now thirty-year-old brother wanted to rest for a while. 

 

Marlon Jackson did enjoy his birthday, but also thought the same as his little brother, Michael.

 

"I wonder what Brandon would have wanted today to be like."  he said to himself.  His girlfriend, and a couple of her girlfriends had gone out for a Girls Night, leaving Marlon home alone. 

 

He looked up to the ceiling, and sighed.  "Brandon, it's your brother, Marlon...  Do have a great birthday, brother, okay?  I hope you can hear me, because I have never forgotten about you... We've never forgotten about you.  Man, you would've loved Michael, our little brother... He would've thrown a big party for us, I know it!! ...I just wonder what he spent today doing... He never picked up his phone, or anything... Hmm."

 

With a flop on the bed, Marlon flipped on the television, and watched some primetime sitcoms.

 

Suddenly, the air surrounding Marlon became warm, as if he were being enfolded.  He felt someone was in the room, but alas, he was alone.

 

"Marlon..."

 

Marlon's eyes widened, as tears started to well up like overflowing dams.

 

"...Brandon?"

 

He heard a faint shrill of laughter.

 

Marlon wore a smile as happy as joy in it's purest state.  "I love you so much, Brandon... Thank you...!!"

 

His brother had come to comfort him, and made Marlon aware of his continuing presence in Marlon's life...  Marlon was in euphoria.

 

Brandon was still special to Marlon, even now.  besides, wouldn't your twin be special to you?  But what made Brandon more special, in Marlon's opinion, was that he was an angel... In Heaven above.

 

 

When the plane landed, Michael took in a huge sigh, and exhaling slowly, boarded off.  He walked into the estate on Hayvenhurst, put down his duffelbag, and raced to his car.

 

He was going to make a visit to someone special.

 

He watched as the night unfolded before him, telling God, and Brandon (if he was listening), how much he loved the night, but Michael was more caught up in a tune that he wrote some time ago.

 

"I want to be free, free like the wind blow,
To fly away, just like the sparrow,
The feel, of letting my hair blow,
Just take my time, wherever I go..."

 

He had hoped it would make his new album, which would be out in several months, but it had not, due to it being incomplete at the moment, so it was considered a demo, that he hoped he would be able to work on in the future; nurturing the song and making it sound as "free" as the song itself, entitled Free

 

He smiled, and said, "I'm going to dedicate this song to you one day, Brandon, and everyone in my family... Everyone deserves to be FREE."

 

Upon parking at his home, Michael noticed the one light on in the house that was the pinpoint he needed.  Michael giggled.  "Of course he'd be in his bedroom."

 

 

Marlon was not planning on going to sleep anytime soon.

 

Suddenly, he heard a knock on his door...

 

 

What if he rejects me?  Michael thought to himself.  He might be mad at me for not being around much today.. It was his birthday anyway...

 

The door opened rather quickly, and a tall figure stood before him.  "Michael!!"  Marlon cheered, excited to see his brother.  "How are you?"

 

Michael giggled, and answered, "I'm just fine, Marlon."

 

"So what brings you here?" 

 

Michael smiled, holding up a gift in his hand.  "May I come in?"

 

"Of course, Michael!  Come right on in!"  Marlon took Michael's hand and led him in.  At first, Michael was a bit hesitant, but quickly adapted to Marlon's laid-back household, and felt a bit more at ease.

 

"So how was your day?"  Michael asked.

 

Marlon looked at Michael calmly, and answered, "I kind of.. wanted to ask you the same..."

 

"Then we're probably on the same page here."  Michael laughed a little.  "Marlon, I just had to come talk to you... That's why I stopped by.  ...You think we can sit down?"

 

Marlon laughed heartily, and replied, "Of course!  Living room?"

 

Michael nodded, and sat slowly on the sofa  Handing Marlon the gift, he said softly, "I'd like you to have this, Marlon."

 

Marlon looked at the box, and before opening it, courteously thanked him.  In the box was a teddy bear with a note in it's arms.  But the thing was, the note couldn't be released from the grip.  The beat was a statue... A statue of gold and silver, and it was just like the bear Michael laid at Brandon's stone.

 

"Wow, Mike... it's.. wonderful."

 

"I chose to bring you another gift, because... because..."

 

Marlon knew instantly.  "Brandon, isn't it?"

 

Michael looked at Marlon in shock.  "How did you know?"

 

Marlon sighed, and said, "I wouldn't stop thinking about him."

 

"I'm sorry if I seemed negligent in what today was for you, Marlon, but I felt this urge... This... deepness in my mind saying to go see him.  It was right after I came to drop off your first gift."

 

Marlon was in shock as well.  "You went back to Gary..?"

 

Michael nodded.  "I wanted to wish both of you a happy birthday, you know..."


"That would be like you, to go and do that."  Marlon giggled.  "How was he doing?"

 

Michael sighed.  "I think he's doing all right, now... But I feel better now that I went to visit him."

 

"I must tell you, Michael,"  Marlon started.  "what happened a little while ago...  It was wonderful...  I think he came and found a way to wish me a happy birthday, after I wished him a happy birthday too."

 

Michael smiled, with tears in his eyes.  "That's wonderful, Marlon, that he would come to see you, and give you his best.  I wrote Brandon a letter, and gave it to him... I wanted him to have something on his thirtieth birthday, too..."

 

Marlon and Michael had suddenly met eyes, and they were both filled with tears.  They hugged each other and cried together.

 

"Michael... that seemed like a wonderful thing to do, brother."  Marlon said happily through his tears.  "But you didn't tell anyone."

 

"I didn't think I'd have time to, and I didn't want to worry anyone."

 

"Well, at least your back, and with a story to tell... We were wondering where you went off to... You've been going places lately and not telling anyone."

 

Marlon had a point.  Michael was notorious for that lately.

 

"I think Brandon's watching over us, Marlon."  Michael smiled.  "Don't you think so too?"

 

Marlon smiled and sniffled.  "I do..."

 

"I think that going to where he was... you know... I think it gave me some closure, since I was only so little when Mother told me about him.. There were so many questions I wanted to ask, so I kind of ust sat down with him, and let my mind do the talking."

 

"I think that was a wonderful thing for you to do, Michael.  Everyone would be proud of you!!"

 

Michael sighed, and putting Marlon's hand in his, said, "That is what I wanted to say... I wanted to tell you all about my trip."

 

Marlon smiled, and said, "I'm glad you told me.  In a way, we can relate to missing our brother, you know...?"

 

"Yeah..."

 

"I think we would've loved him, Mike, and I think he would've made a great member of J5, or whatever he wanted to do."

 

"That's what I told him!!"  Michael giggled. 

 

They talked and talked, until Marlon's girlfriend came home.  After a quick chat, Michael nodded, and felt that it was time to go home.

 

"God bless you, Marlon!!"  Michael said in a hushed voice.

 

"God bless you too, little brother."  Marlon said softly.  "God bless you too."

 

"Goodnight, Marlon!!"

 

"Goodnight, Michael!"

Chapter End Notes:

As the chapter note said... I just had to come back here and add another chapter to this... I kinda felt like something was missing from this story... So I thought I should tell you what happened after Michael left Indiana that day. :)

<3

"MY FATHER NEVER LIES." 
-Michael Jackson, Price Of Fame, Bad 25
(Honestly, I don't know how this applies to the story, but I thoguht I might tell you all what I learned when I listened to this song.. Apparently Michael's father never lies...  :O XD)