- Text Size +

My vision was blurred by my tears. I felt dizzy and very sick to my stomach. Please don't let my baby be dead. I won't be able to handle that. I dropped to my knees next to Prince lifted him up against me. His eyes were half open and there was a single tear sliding down his pale face. 

"Prince. Please, please stay awake for me. Come on bud, please don't die on me." I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. The floodgates were opened and my heart was wounded.

"Dad?" He asked in a very weak voice. 

"I'm right here, buddy. I'm not going anywhere." I kissed his forehead. "Prince. I love you. Don't leave me." 

I felt something against the back of my head. I slowly turned and saw a gun pointed in my face. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

"Get up. We're going back to the building." Hank ordered, turning to walk back.

Suddenly, I felt a rage and my parental instincts kicked in. I stood up and jerked him around. "How dare you hurt my child! We did everything you asked!" 

He made a scoffing sound. "He ran away without my permission. Maybe you should check your parental skills because this moron obviously was raised horribly." 

That was it. I swung my fist and it impacted on his face. The force pushed him to the ground. I heard him laughing. What is with this guy? He stood up and wiped the blood off his lip.

"Maybe you're forgetting who has the gun. I'll let it slide this time. Get your kid and let's go." He said.

I turned and lifted Prince up into my arms. I followed Hank back to the building and went inside. I was disappointed that we're back in this hell hole, but I'm glad that I'll be with all my babies. I went into  my room and laid Prince down on my bed. I looked through my bag and pulled out a white t-shirt. I lifted Prince's arm gently and wrapped the shirt around his wounded shoulder. He winced in pain. 

"I'm sorry, buddy."

He sighed, "It's okay dad."

Then a loud gasp and I turned to see Paris covering her mouth, with tears in her eyes. 

"Paris, honey. Calm down. He's gonna be okay."

She came over to me and started crying. "Daddy what happened to Prince?"

I pulled her onto my lap. "Shh. Babygirl, don't cry please. We have to be strong, okay?" 

She nodded. 

"Where's Blanket?" I asked her.

"He's in the other room." She said, sitting on the other bed.

"I'll go get him." I stood up and walked across the hall. I opened the door and gasped in shocked. I saw both lifeless bodyguards laying on the floor, surrounded by blood. Where's my little boy? I looked around the room and saw him sitting the corner, crying his little eyes out. I walked over and bent down to him. "Blanket?"

He looked up. "Daddy!" He jumped into my arms. "You're back!" He started crying again.

I held him tight. "Daddy's here. I'm so sorry. I won't leave you again, I promise." I kissed his cheek and carried him to the other room and shut the door. I put Blanket down and saw that Paris was fast asleep.

"Blanket, you need to get in bed, alright?" I told him. "You can sleep with Paris." 

"But I wanna sleep with you, daddy." He pouted.

I ran my hand through his hair. "Daddy has to sleep with Prince, babyboy. He's hurt." 

He looked down. "Okay."

I bent down to him and lifted his chin up. "Hey. I love you." 

He smiled shyly. "I love you too daddy." I kissed him goodnight and he got in bed with Paris.

I looked over to Prince, who was still awake. I got in the bed next to him. "How are you feeling?" 

He shrugged. "A little lightheaded."

"Well you lost a lot of blood, son." I said, brushing a hair out of his face.

"You saved me, dad. I would be dead, if it weren't for you. You're my hero." He smiled at me. 

My heart melted. I smiled at him and kissed his head. "My sweet, sweet boy. I love you so much. I thought I lost you today. I will never ever forget that feeling. I never want to lose you. Ever."

"I know dad. I love you too. Now, I just wish that I hadn't left the first time. I mean, look what happened." He sighed.

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, Prince. And I know that you are so very strong. You were trying to save us. I can't be upset about that. But, next time you decide to be a hero, let me know first." I laughed.

He smiled. "You got it."

"Goodnight, my Prince." 

He closed his eyes and turned over. "Goodnight, daddy."

He called me 'daddy'. Tears started welling up in my eyes. He hasn't called me that since he was 9. My little boy is growing up. All of my babies are. But I have to makes sure we get out of here, so that they can grow up. I shook my head and closed my eyes. Drifting off into a peaceful sleep, waiting for the morning to come.

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry for updating so late. I'm gonna try to update more often. After all the tragedy, I thought you guys might like some cute family time lol. Anyways, I hoped you liked it. Let me know what you think! :)