- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the wait! Hope you enjoy :)

Michael's POV

He's gone. Prince is missing. I never thought that those three words would ever be true. Did he get taken? If so, by whom? A thousand questions are running through my mind, but I didn't have an answer to any of them. I feel like a horrible father. But I'm sure any parent of a missing child would have these feelings right now. I just want to know that he's safe. That's all I care about right now. Maybe I should go look for him. But how can I do that without going unnoticed? Well apparently it's not that hard, considering that my son is no longer here. I can't leave Paris and Blanket though. Then again, I have two bodyguards here. They could stay with them. I looked over at Paris, laying on her bed and I walked over to her. 

"Paris?" I said, kneeling down to her.

She looked up at me. "Yeah?"

"I need you and Blanket to go stay with the bodyguards, okay?"

"What? No, dad. I'm not going anywhere without you." She said, slightly panicked.

"Shh. It's okay. You're gonna be fine. I just need some time alone okay?" I kissed her head. "Do this for me, okay?"

She slowly nodded. I woke up Blanket and watched as they walked over to the other room. I took a deep breath and sat down on the bed. I'm going to find my boy if it kills me. Knowing, that Hank would be coming to check on all of us, I laid back and pretended to be sleeping. I could hear his footsteps passing by in the hall. I held my breath, praying that he wouldn't come in here. My prayers were answered as he passed on by. I let about 45 minutes pass before I attempted my exit. I stood up and faced the door. Well, here goes nothing. I silently opened it. I looked around before I slowly walked out into the hallway. Now how do I get out of here? Suddenly, my eyes caught the glowing exit sign at the end of the building and I made my way over to it. I put my hand on the knob and looked back before opening it and stepped out into the tropical air. It felt so good to feel the fresh air against my skin. I shut the door behind me and tried to figure out which way I should go. I started to walk when I felt something under my feet. I looked down and saw a red sweatshirt. I picked it up. Oh god, it's Prince's. Okay Michael, calm down. Don't think about the negatives. Just keep looking for him and keep your head up. I wanted to call out his name, but that might not be a smart idea since I'm still close to the building. After almost half an hour, I still couldn't find him. Anxiety was rising in me and a cold sweat started to form on my forehead. Still, I continued walking. Tears started to form in my eyes as I looked for him. Through the tears, I saw something. I can't quiet make out what it is. I got a little closer. It looked like a body. Prince! Oh my god, it's Prince! I quickly ran over to him and dropped to my knees by his side. He was out cold. I noticed a cut on his head and tried to wake him up. "Prince, please open your eyes. Please." I sat against the tree and set him in my lap. I haven't held him like this since he was 6. My little boy. How could this happen to him. I looked down at his face and noticed that he was opening his eyes. "Prince?"

He blinked a couple times. "Dad?"

"I'm here, son. I've got you." I said with tears rising.

"I'm sorry for running away." 

"No no, don't be. You were trying to help. You're so brave." I smiled.

He looked up at me. "I love you dad."

"I love you more, my Prince." I kissed his forehead.

He sat up and looked around. "I took quite a fall, huh?"

I laughed lowly. "Yeah you did, bud."

"How are we gonna leave this place?"

I bit my lip. "I'm not sure, but we'll figure it out."

"God. You know, I never ever imagined this happening to us. It's crazy." He shook his head.

"Yeah, it is. But maybe there's a lesson behind this. Everything always happens for a reason." I told him.

"Well this is an interesting lesson." He laughed. 

I smiled, "Yeah, I agree." 

I stood up and helped him onto his feet. We started to walk through the dark trees. I saw a small patch of grass, shaded by the branches. We decided to sleep there for the night until morning. Tomorrow we'd look for help. It's not going to be easy at all, but we'll do it. I'm not going to let us die out here. God as my witness, I will make sure we leave this awful place.

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry, it's so short. Review, please. <3