- Text Size +

I looked around as we lifted up into the sky. I exhaled deeply and wiped the sweat off my forehead. I can't believe I managed to fly this thing. Well, let's see if I can keep it up. I noticed that Prince hadn't come back up here yet. Things were really quiet back there. Too quiet. It worried me. I set it on auto pilot and stood up. I walked through the curtains to find empty seats. I went numb and panic rose inside of me. Where are my kids? I took a step forward, but suddenly I was forced down to the ground. I groaned in pain and heard a voice that sent chills down my spine. 

"Didn't think I survived, did you?" 

I turned my head back to find him. The face that made me want to puke. 

"Hank. How the hell did you get on here?" I said, standing up.

He smiled. "I think the more important question is, how are you gonna stop me from killing you?" 

I glared at him. "Where are my kids?" 

"Don't worry about it." He replied.

I stepped closer to him. "Tell me where they are, now." 

He stared at me. "They're in the back. I didn't think they wanted to see their father die."

I shook my head. "You're sick."

He shrugged. "Maybe." He pulled out his gun and pointed it at me.

I had to think fast. I lunged forward and tackled him to the ground. He started struggling against me and the gun slipped from his grip. I kicked it across the floor and pounded my fist against his face.

"How dare you put my children through all of this!" Another punch. "We could have died!"

He managed to push me off and started to crawl towards the weapon. I grabbed his legs and pulled him back. I started to make my way to the pistol and picked it up. Just then he tackled me to the floor, but I managed to keep the weapon in my hand. I used my knees to push him off of me. He stood back up and started to come towards me. I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger. I heard the shot go off, but I still held my eyelids shut. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. There stood Hank with blood staining his shirt. He fell to his knees and toppled over onto the floor. I did it. I killed him. I set down the gun and went to the back to find my kids. I opened the door to a closet and there they were. 

"Daddy!!" Paris ran to me, wrapping her arms around me. I kissed her head.

"I'm okay, honey." I said.

I led them out of the closet and they froze in their tracks, looking at Hank's dead body.

Prince looked at me with wide eyes. "You killed him?"

I bit my lip. "Um.. yeah. I did."

He laughed and shook his head. 

I frowned and poked his side. "What's so funny?" 

"You're like a thug now." He said laughing again.

I raised my eyebrows. "A thug?"

He nodded. "Yup."

I laughed. "You're crazy boy."

Paris and Blanket decided to lay down. I can see why. I'd be tired too. Prince and I walked back up to the cockpit. We both sat down and I heard a sigh come from him.

I faced him. "Something on your mind?"

He shrugged and smiled a little. "Dad do you remember the first time I rode a plane?"

I smiled. "Yes, I do."

"Was I scared?" He asked.

"You don't remember?"

He shook his head.

"Well then I guess I'll have to refresh your memory." I smiled. "You were about 4 years old and you didn't want to get on because you watched a movie the night before about robbers.."


8 years ago..

Michael's POV

"Come on Prince, let's go." I reach for his hand to go into the plane.

He backed away and shook his head, frowning. "No daddy. I don't want to."

I sighed and knelt down to him. "Prince, baby, you have to get on."

His eyes filled with tears. "But daddy, the bad man will get us if we get on."

"I told you that you shouldn't have watched that movie last night." I told him.

He hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry daddy. I'm real sorry. Please don't make me get on."

I kissed his head and picked him up. "Look, I'll be right next to you okay? I won't let anything happen to my boy." 

He smiled. "Promise?"

I did an "x" over my chest. "Cross my heart." 


Prince laughed. "I kinda remember it now."

I smiled. "Yep. You were my little baby."

"Won't I always be?" He asked.

I sighed. "Well, you will to me. But most boys don't wanna be called that by their father."

"Yeah well, most boys don't have a father like mine." He smiled.

My sweet boy. "Boy, you're gonna make me cry." I laughed.

He giggled. "Sorry, but it's true. Whenever I was sick, you were there by my side every minute to make sure I was okay. Whenever I got hurt, you held me while I cried. Every morning I woke up, you looked me straight in the eyes and told me you loved me. You're the reason I smile, dad. Being with you makes me happier than anything else ever could. And when I thought you died in that building, it was like I died with you. You're my life, dad. I don't think I could handle ever losing you. Telling me to live without you, is like telling me to live without breathing. It's impossible. I mean that. I love you dad. With all my heart."

I wiped away a couple tears and pulled him into a hug. "I love you so much more, my sweet boy.

We pulled away and he laughed. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

I laughed with him. "I couldn't hold it back."

We looked forward at the sky.

Prince frowned. "Dad.. what's that?" He said pointing forward.

I squinted my eyes and focused on the sky. "Oh god. It's lightning."

He widened his eyes. "We have to go through a storm?"

I bit my lip. "Prince, we have to."

"Well, can't you find a way to go around it?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I don't think so."

"Oh god." He said.

"Just stay calm okay? It will be okay just hold on tight." I said as we approached the raging storm clouds, awaiting for the rough ride we're about to experience.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Oh my gosh, you guys are so sweet! I love seeing all your reviews. They made me smile and I love you guys sooooo much for that. Also, I wanna make a shoutout to Illusion since she made a shoutout to me. You're so amazing and I LOVE to see your reviews, they always make me smile. Anyways, thank you for reading and let me know what you think! <33 :*