- Text Size +

Michael's POV

I started frantically looking around the room for some sort of way out. All I saw was the window, but it was pretty high. I looked down at my watch. Okay, I have 10 minutes to get outta here. Think Michael, think. I grabbed a chair and scooted it against the wall that the window was on. I cleared my throat and stepped up onto it. Dammit. The window is bolted down. Maybe I could break it with something. Obviously I don't have any weapons. Okay, then I guess I'll try breaking it myself. I swung my arm back and forced my elbow against the window. Nothing. Let me try again. I swung and hit it a little harder. A rigid crack started to form in the glass. One more time. I threw my arm back and hit it as hard as I could and the window shattered. Yes! I just hope I can fit through. I looked at my watch. Oh shit! I have 30 seconds left. I lifted myself up and tried to squirm through, but the chair slipped from my feet and I fell to the floor. I ignored the pain in my back and climbed on the chair again. I gripped onto the window seal and slipped through the frame. Oh no, 6 seconds. I stood to my feet and ran as fast as my legs could carry me. Then the explosion went off. The blast from it knocked me off my feet and I hit the ground. I lifted up my head and looked back at the clouds of smoke. I coughed a little and stood to my feet, suddenly realizing the throbbing pain in my lower back. I rubbed the sore area and started to walk off. 


Prince's POV

We decided to sit in the plane until the explosion went off. I looked out of the plane window and saw the smoke. My daddy is gone.. I can't process this. I felt pain constricting in my chest. Why didn't I stay with him? I'd rather be dead right now, than him. 

"Do you think daddy got out?" Paris asked me.

I shrugged sadly. "Who knows."

She wiped some tears away and sat down next to Blanket. Poor kid. He barely understands the situation. This is going to be so hard for him. Well, for all of us actually. Growing up without the man who keeps my heart beating. I don't think I can do that. I stared out onto the dreadful scene and I saw something moving in the trees. I sat up and walked over to the door. I pushed it open and squinted my eyes, trying to focus. Wait a minute, it's a person. Just then, I saw dad walking out of the smoke filled woods. He's alive!! I jumped out of the plane and started running toward him. 

"Dad!!" I yelled out to him.

He looked up at me and smiled. I jumped into his arms like I was five years old. My daddy is here. He's not dead. I couldn't help, but start crying. His arms were tightly around me. 

"Prince.." He whispered. 

"Dad. You're here." I said as I pulled away.

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I'm here, baby boy." 


Michael's POV

I looked down at the face of my beautiful baby boy. He may be 12, but he's still my baby. 

"Where's my other babies?" I asked him.

"They fell asleep on the plane." He replied.

I nodded and I walked over to it. As I stepped in, I saw my angels fast asleep. Tears of happiness blurred my vision. I walked over to Paris first and bent down to her. I brushed a strand of hair out of her face and lightly pecked her lips. Her eyes fluttered open and revealed the ocean blue eyes of my baby girl. 

"Daddy?" She asked, sitting up.

I smiled. "I'm here. I wouldn't ever leave you guys." 

She threw herself in my arms and starting sobbing. I rubbed her back and held her tightly. "Shh. Don't cry, baby. Everything's okay." 

I felt another pair of arms wrap around me and I looked down to find my little man. I smiled and kissed his forehead.

"So dad, how are we gonna get out of here?" Prince asked.

I sighed. "Well, I guess we gotta learn how to fly a plane."

His eyes widened. "Dad, you can't fly a plane. You can barely drive a car." 

I frowned. "I beg your pardon. I can drive very well, thank you very much."

He snickered. "Yeah. Okay dad." 

I stood up. "Anyways. Let's go see how hard this thing is to fly."

Prince and I walked into the cockpit and saw a large board of controls.

"Woah." He said. "It looks.. complicated."

"You're smart. We can do this." I told him.

He bit his lip. "I don't know about this dad." 

"It has auto pilot on it, so it shouldn't be hard."

"But, dad how will we know where to go?" He asked.

I sighed. "Good point. Well, we'll just have to go by instinct, I guess." 

"If you say so." 

I sat down in the seat. "Go tell your siblings to buckle up."

He nodded and ran through the curtains. Okay Michael, just breathe. Relax. You can do this. No matter what it takes, I have to get my kids back to a safe place. I don't care where, just as long as they aren't in danger. I started up the engines. Well, here goes nothing.

Chapter End Notes:

Guys, I'm not gonna update again until I get up to 23 reviews. The reviews on this story have gone down and it makes me feel like I'm not doing a good job, so please just let me know that you like it. Thanks. :)