- Text Size +

I inhaled and exhaled when I heard my name coming out from my boss’s big mouth. I smiled and sat before him.

“Monisha you’ve done amazing job! You know what? Mr. Jackson wants to do another interview!” he said, almost jumping in his chair. I looked at him confused with a smile on my face . “and you know what? You’re going to kiss me after hearing this! He want you to interview him again.. now don’t scream in my office young lady..” he stated and laughed loudly.

Holy crap! My mouth literally dropped. There is no way in this world that I could interview him in his weirdest way. I could say that he’s definitely planning something. Before I could say anything to object, my fat boss ass interrupted. “and if you don’t do that.. you’ll be fired kid” he said smiling like an idiot.



The next day, I was ready for work very early. Because I didn’t sleep at all. I finally checked myself in the mirror and went to interview the man-child again.

I went towards the gate hesitantly. To my surprise, there was a bodyguard standing before the gate. He looked at me with those suspicious eyes. I took out my ID card and showed it to him. He let me in after a long pause. I was shivering. I didn’t know why I was so scared. I knocked on the door, expecting his disappointed face mother, but…. BAM! MICHAEL ****ING JACKSON! He was standing right before me with his billion dollar smile.

“welcome, Ms. Monisha. I’ve been waiting for you…” he said, opening the door fully and motioned me to come in.

I stepped inside with my eyes similar to the deer caught in head lights. I was still confused and shocked by everything. He told me to sit and I did. He sat close to me and took off his sunglasses. He was dressed very simply. He was wearing a white v-neck t-shirt and red pajama pants? But he did smell good and his curls were neatly combed with some strands framing his face, perfectly.

“well..” he turned to me. “what do you like to drink?” he asked politely.

I looked at him, like he was crazy. “No.. Thanks”

He looked at my eyes straightly, for the first time I realized how deep and mesmerizing his eyes were. “your welcome.”

I really felt uncomfortable. The whole thing was a blur. Why was he doing this to me? “can.. you uh.h. call Janet.” I said.

“why?”

“to start the interview”

“I thought you’re going to interview me..” he said like I’m crazy.

Great! Now he tries to make me feel like I’m the craziest one. We started the interview finally. It was really awkward. He answered very strangely. His answers were completely unrelated to my questions. I could say, his smile, his look, his activities, his voice.. everything was fake. I couldn’t take it anymore. I knew that he had some plan, but I was getting really uncomfortable. So I just decided to go straightly.

“okay Michael. Stop it” I said and stood up.

“stop what? The interview?” he asked with a smile.

“you know exactly what I’m talking about!” I said in a serious tone.

He stood up too. “You love to interview and write some things that will attract the people like magnet and you make the crap to sell billion copies” he said sarcastically. “you know what? That’s just a piece of your crap work”

I could feel my blood boiling inside me. Is that his little stupid plan? To make me mad and fight with him? No. I’m not going to do that. I ‘m better than that. I pushed the air so hard to control my anger.

“you and your stupid writing!” he said with sarcasm radiating from every word.

Well that’s the final straw. I couldn’t take it. I turned to him. “you’re the one, who started this! Its my job. I wrote the truth though.. you’re weird! You try to be normal but you’re weird!” I spat it out.

“huh? Oh really? Well you don’t even know me! who the hell are you? a stupid interviewer who just met me yesterday and judging me today! No one understand me. No one know me! especially you. Apologize. I’ll let you go..” he said looking at me with his dark eyes.

“No” I folded my hands against my stomach. “I’m not going to. Because I didn’t do anything to apologize.” I said clearly.

He took a deep hard breath like he was mad. “APOLOGISE” He said sternly yet calmly. I couldn’t believe that he was really so serious about this. But I’m a stub born. I turned and tried to walk out. He grabbed my arm. My eyes widened. Is he gonna hurt me? I thought. I looked at his eyes, which were looking down at me angrily. I could say, I saw a fire flame in his eyes. I gulped. I almost pied on my pants, but I tried to hide my fear. “you really gonna regret if you not apologize now” he said without breaking our eye contact.

I gathered all my courage, “No I’m not! Now leave me!” I said.

He let go of my hand. I ran towards the door. “you really gonna regret girl..” he said behind me after a loud laughter.

Is this guy have Bipolar? I thought and drove towards my house fastly.

I ate a plateful of tasty toast, egg and bacon which were made by Cassie and went to my room. I fell on my bed. The sleep I missed, I tiredness I got and the assholeness I experienced today from the only asshole I ever seen, all made me to fell asleep so quickly.

‘I was running through a dark forest. Three wolves were chasing me. The fat wolf resembled more of my boss. The middle one was my professor and the next one was our publicist Tommy who always love to put me in trouble. I was running for my dear life. The three wolves were chasing me with saliva on theur mouth. I screamed for help.. no one was around. Suddenly, BAM! I bumped into someone.. actually something like rock. I fell on the floor and turned to see a man fighting with those wolves. He finally killed all of them and he turned to me. Oh No! THE ASSHOLE!

Michael was smiling at me devilishly with blood flowing from the edge of his mouth. He looked like a vampire. He came close to me. I tried to go back, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. He looked at my neck and licked his lips.

“I told you to apologize.. now you’re definitely gonna regret girl…” he said and laughed loudly. He moved my hair on my neck and opened his mouth with big vampire teeth I screamed so loudly… as he leaned to suck my blood.’

I jumped up on my bed and took a deep breath as I realized that it was only dream. I wiped the sweat beads on my forehead and took a sip of water. I looked at the clock it read 4.30 pm. My mobile buzzed. I took it to answer.

“Hello. I’m Chad. Michael’s personal Assistant” huh? is this guy is programmed or something? he always talked like a robot!

I sighed. “yeah.. hi chad” I said nonchalantly.

“hey Monisha. Michael wants to meet you today at 6’o clock. In his studio” he said simply.

“well I cant chad.. I’ve work.”

“Michael talked with your Boss.. so don’t worry” he retorted.

I puffed. I thought about any other excuse. “I—uhh.. I’ve to study. I’ve exams, next week..”

“I guess 1 hour wont ruin your exam studies.. come on Monisha. Michael get what he wants.. so don’t think about anymore silly excuses, be smart. I’ll see you at 6’o clock in Westlake studios bye” he said with a giggle and hung up before I could say anything.

I rolled my eyes out of frustration. Cassie was out. I sighed and dressed myself in the most professional outfit I had. I took my hand bag and keys and closed the door. I got in my car and headed towards Westlake studios even though I knew I was heading towards disaster.

When I reached, I saw chad standing there with the most happiest expression on his face. I became nervous. I didn’t know what I’d to experience now! We walked through a hall way. He opened a room with wooden door and there he was… The Asshole. Sitting with a pen in his hand and a smile in his face. He had his right leg on his left leg in a rectangular manner. He was dressed in a red button-up and … those jeans. He should have definitely known how his long slender legs looked at those jeans. I couldn’t help but I check him out everytime.

Chad left me and closed the door. “what do you want now? I’m not going to apologize to you” I said seriously.

He laughed. “well your time is up! You’re not allowed to apologize to me anymore.. you cant, even if you want to!” he said. I rolled my eyes. He stood up. “well I wanted to talk to you about a…. Job” he said and took the note pad from his desk. “I was looking for a publicist for a long time.. I couldn’t get one. I heard that you worked as a assistant for your publicist and you’re a good writer and… smart liar too! I need one like you. The one should make horrible situations into interesting, explain all the meaning less things, lie smartly to all rumours and stuff.. and your job is very easy.. you’ve to announce the recent information about me to your paparazzi friends and other media stupids like you! you can join from tomorrow. My manager will talk with you about your salary.. if you have any problem with that you talk with me.”



Does he really think that working for him will be a good punishment?! I stood there speechless. Working for him? I almost dead in interviewing him.. and got pain in my ass for meeting him, now… I have to see him everyday.. every minute..HELL NO!

“No.. I cant do that! I—uh—I have to work for Rolling stone and go to college and be your publicist.. no!” I said.

He was thoughtful for a moment. “you can resign your job at Rolling Stone. You can get more salary too..” he said like he was hoping for a amused expression. But I didn’t. I was mad. How could he say what I have to do? Who is he? I thought.

“NO! I’M NOT GOING TO WORK FOR YOU AND THAT’S FINAL!” I said and walked away from his room.

Even though I didn’t admit I was scared and irritated, I really was. I took out the notes of the interview I’d today with Michael. I decided to put an end to everything. I didn’t want to fight. Especially with a asshole! I nodded my head in agreement and opened Microsoft word.



October 11, 1981

The Article with Interview released:

...

...

The conclusion:

How did I know that Michael is weird? Because I’m weird too.. well, we all are! But he have it in a high ratio and show it without hesitant. Weirdness itself is normal.. it makes us human!

- Monisha Shetty.

Everyone was surprised by my activity. I heard Michael laughed out after reading. Cassie still couldn’t believe that I really wrote that. Today morning chad contacted me again. He asked me about the job Michael offered. I told him that I’m not going to resign my job and work for him.

He warned me once again. “Monisha. As I told you before.. Michael gets what he wants! Be smart and agree!” he said seriously. “if he doesn’t get it in one way he’ll get it in another way! He’ll never give up”

“I’m sorry chad” I said and hung up.



Michael called Bobby, the president of Rolling Stone again.

“Hello”

“Hey Bobby. Its Michael”

“hey Man! You were right! That girl is really good.. she have done a great job this time. I was going to fire her whe---“ before he could finish Michael interupted.

“FIRE HER.. NOW!” Michael said smiling devilishly.

~~~

Monisha was sitting before her boss with the most curious and angry expression in her face. The poor man didn’t know how to explain the reason for firing her.

“c’mon Mr. Taylor. What did I do? Why are you firing me?” she asked at the verge of tears.

Her boss have been trying to make a reason but it was really hard. She was one of the famous writer in their office. She wrote all successful articles and helped her office to get more attention. But when he saw her glossy eyes, he couldn’t take it anymore. So he blurted out.

“I’m so sorry kid.. you didn’t do any mistake! Its--- its uh… Michael.. Michael Jackson, the superstar… he asked—No—Ordered me to fire you! I don’t know why, but you know I don’t have any other way.” He finished after long hesitation. “I’m so sorry Monisha”

Monisha’s face visibly turned red.. her entire face. She pushed the air out to control the heat building inside her body. Her eyes became red, her jaws tightened, she balled her fist. She didn’t say anything. She took her check and stormed out of the room.

She almost ripped her hand bag in searching her cell phone. She took out that cell phone and searched the contact name…The Asshole!



Michael was sitting in a important meeting with Suzuki people for which he had signed for doing their advertisement.

The Suzuki people were Japanese and they were talking in their strong accent which was something Michael found very boring and irritating. He sat there, yawning again and again while his manager was talking to them. Michael’s phone buzzed.

He took it out and answered it. He could feel all the eyes were on him.

“Hello!” he said half sleepy.

“YOU MICHAEL ASSHOLE!” Michael’s eyes widened, he almost jumped from his seat. “WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING! I SWEAR TO GOD, I’M GONNA RIP YOUR HEAD OFF AND THROW IT IN THE OCEAN!” Michael turned to see all the curious faces. He gulped. She was almost screaming. He tried to smile politely but instead he smiled awkwardly. The Suzuki people blinked. “I’LL BREAK THOSE CHOPSTICKS YOU CALL AS LEGS AND KICK THAT SKINNY LITTLE THING YOU CALL AS ASS! YOU BASTARD! YOU SON OF A *****! YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING!”

Michael smiled idiotically, “well uh…” he looked at the curious faces before him “Well thank you for offering.. but I don’t have any idea of joining night clubs… Have a nice day”

Monisha blinked for a second. Nightclub? “what the **** are you talking about? And how the **** I can have a nice day when you’re ****ing with me constantly, asshole? You will rot in hell!” she yelled, now slightly confused.

Michael smiled again carefully reading the funny faces before him, “oh well, your welcome! God Bless you.. Bye” he said and hung up.

Monisha blinked several times. What the **** he is doing now? Is he mentally alright? She thought.

Michael took a sip of water with the awkward smile that was plastered on his face. When he gulped down the water, he tried to gulped down his anger too. The faces were still looking at him with the same expression.. confusion and curious.

“well.. someone offered me to join in night clubs. You know I don’t do like those crazy things.. they drink, do marijuana and all other crazy stuff.. but I don’t like it.. I never did it” he stuttered, but finished successfully. He was visibly nervous.

The members nodded in agreement and tried to understand what and why he was talking about . Michael turned to see his manager staring at him suspiciously. The meeting was finally finished.

“Michael who was that crazy lady.. don’t lie to me! she was mad as hell.. I don’t doubt if switcher land people said that they heard her. she was so loud.. so who is she?” his manager asked.

Michael took a deep breath and turned to his manager with a smirk on his face. “she’s my girl friend. I missed our date today, so she’s kinda pissed. But I will take care of it..” he lowered his voice suddenly and whispered, “you know, she cant resist me in bed, she always forgive me!” he walked away after his another successful lie. His manager stood there his mouth dropped. He never heard Michael talk like that.

Michael went to his room with his head burning. ‘How could she? Who the hell she thinks she was talking to.. okay, I made her boss to fire her and that’s a good reason to be mad.. but how could she call me as asshole! Bastard! Son of a *****! How could this happen to me! I’m the Michael ****ing Jackson and how could she talk to me like that! *****! You really gonna regret everything!’



Monisha went to her room and tried to figure out what just happened. She’s fired! She don’t have any job now! Her head was aching like hell. Cassie came in with a cup of coffee. She didn’t study her friend’s face as continued blabbering about her date.

“you know what moni? That Asshole didn’t call me after the date.. I’d sex with him! well I’m not gonna lie , he was amazing! You don’t how big he was…” she blushed. “when I asked him to buy me a teddy bear he bought me a monkey! I asked chocolate ice-cream and he bought me a vanilla! I wanted to go to a romantic film and he took me to a horror film.. that bastard thought that I would get scared and hold his hands, idiot! He held my arms and screamed like a girl..” she laughed and turned to see her friend with zero expression on her face. “hey moni are you okay?”. She gave her pay-check she got from her office. She gasped. “oh god! Who the hell fired you? I’m a crazy girl, but I’m a dangerous girl when someone hurt my girl.. who did this? Tell me Moni, I’ll kick his ass..”

She looked at her friend. “your God! Michael freaking asshole Jackson!” she said through clenched teeth.

Cassie gasped. “did Michael do this to you? really? He cant be so mean like this … I thought he liked your article though. You really did write well about him this time.. I don’t understand. Why does he have to do this to you?” she asked confused.

“that asshole wanted me to work for him as his publicist. But I ignored his offer. He ordered Mr. Taylor to fire me, so I’ll work for his ass!”

Cassie opened her mouth like she was going to scold him. “THAT’S GREAT! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR.. GIRL. YOU’RE GONNA WORK WITH MICHAEL FREGGIN’ JACKSON… OH GOD! I CANT BELIEVE THIS! YOU CAN GET ME AN AUTOGRAPH TOO AND OH GOD, I MAY MEET HIM TOO.. PLEASE.. PLEASE DO THIS FOR ME SWEETIE!” Cassie exclaimed and jumped around the room.

She looked at her like she was crazy. “calm down girl… I’m not going to work for his ass! Never”

Cassie stared at her. “Moni, Be smart. You definitely need pocket money to buy candies and teddy bears and new dresses. Girl you’ll have great salary if you work for the super star…”

Monisha understood that Cassie really made a good point. She scratched her head, like she was thinking. Other than all shopping needs, she really need money to pay for her apartment. After all its not a bad job, isn’t it? It was her dream to become a publicist. But it came true in a awkward way, but whatever.

Her mobile buzzed. It was chad.

When she clicked the answer button. “Hello. I’m Chad. I’m Mi----“ before he could finish his programmed words, she interrupted after a long sigh.

“hello chad”

“hey Monisha. So what you’ve decided about job? Well you’ll finally join after realizing that fighting with Michael is useless.. so stop fooling your self and be smart! Join now.. don’t waste your precious time in trying to escape from him.”

“how do you know?”

“well… he did the same thing with me. I was just graduated from high school when he asked me. I said that I don’t know anything. He said that its what he wanted. He teach me how to speak and act and I just do that!”

“I guessed that.. you and your programming Boss!”

“so what about your job.. c’mon join the family.”

“Don’t worry she will” Cassie screamed and grabbed her mobile from Monisha. “she will! I’m guarantee for that”

“well what is the name of this sweet women I’m talking to?” chad flirted.

Cassie blushed. “Cassie..”

“wow! That’s a pretty name for a pretty girl.. I know you’re pretty..” she blushed more.

Monisha sighed and rolled her eyes. She didn’t know where this all gonna end up? What am I doing? Where this all gonna end up? I cant believe that I’m going to work for the asshole and see him everyday… She thought.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hey Pyt's... lmk what you're thinking! and NOTE: New chapters from next y'all :)