- Text Size +

“Feel free to roam wherever you please, we only request that you don’t touch anything!” said a woman dressed in uniform who had been guiding a tour around Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch.


Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest yesterday, and the estate decided to give tours of Neverland to mooch off of his death like most people do when celebrities die. Being a life long fan, Brenda Gordan had to go.


Brenda was 47 years old. She had been a fan of Michael Jackson’s ever since the Jackson 5 days and never looked back. She had been to his Victory tour, Bad tour, Dangerous tour, HIStory tour and was going to go see him on his This is it tour before his tragic death. She had met him countless times at CD signings and before one of his concerts she met him while he was getting off of the tour bus.


Brenda took off down a hallway, away from the rest of the group. She preferred to be alone under the circumstances. As she roamed the hallways she saw numerous locks on doors. He definitely liked his privacy. She walked into the Neverland library. She started looking through the books that lined the shelves.


There were many fairytale books like Peter Pan, Pinnochio, The Jungle Book... he seemed to like those types of books. Brenda managed a small smile as she continued scanning the shelves of endless books.


As she walked, the room suddenly got significantly colder. She shivered a bit and pulled on her jacket and looked around.


“Someone must have turned the AC up...” she muttered as she shivered again. She looked down one of the aisles and a grey blur made a quick appearance before it vanished. She jumped a bit.


“What on earth was that?” She asked herself aloud. She looked around nervously. She was the only one in the library. She came to the conclusion that she was probably only imagining things. She decided that she had been in the library too long, and made her way towards one of the bathrooms.


Eventually, she found herself in Michael’s old room. The architecture and designs were spectacular! She couldn’t believe her eyes it was so beautiful! She imagined the thought of Michael having been where she was now standing. She walked into Michael’s old washroom and looked around. It was very spacious and luxurious for a bathroom. She examined herself in the mirror.


Imagine... Michael Jackson having looked in the same mirror and having thought of himself as ugly. She knew very well that Michael was a perfectionist, and there was no exception when it came to his appearance. He always wanted to be better, and in the end, some might say that that craving for always being better destroyed him. Although, Brenda always believed that he was incredibly sexy.


As she fixed her hair up in the mirror, the cool air from the library wrapped around her like a cloak again. Her spine tingled and she saw the blur run behind her in the mirror. She quickly spun around on her heels.


But nothing was there.


Her heart was racing faster now than it had been earlier. Something creepy was going on, and she didn’t like it at all. She turned back towards the mirror and jumped back and held her chest. She let out a small gasp.


She stared at the mirror for a long time. She mirror was showing an almost transparent image of Michael Jackson. His eyes were closed, but they slowly started to open and look at Brenda. Brenda froze right where she was. She couldn’t move. The shock had completely taken over her body.


Michael started to walk out of the mirror, and a life size almost transparent version of Michael Jackson was now standing right in front of Brenda. Her eyes widened. Michael stared at her for a moment, and then smiled at her.


His smile seemed bright and happy. He seemed as though he was having the time of his life. But his eyes told another story. His eyes no longer seemed a beautiful brown, but instead it was replaced with a dark grey. His eyes were filled with sorrow, and it looked as though he was about to cry.


“A-a-a-are you a g-g-ghost?” Brenda stammered. Michael nodded slowly. Brenda let out a small gasp. Michael held out his hand to her. At first, she eyed him carefully, and then reached out to grab his hand. Michael smiled weakly and led her out of the bathroom and into his walk in closet.


Brenda looked around nervously. Where was he taking her? Was he going to do something to her? If he was she knew what she wanted him to do to her...


Michael let go of her hand, and pointed to a book. Brenda grabbed the book and opened it up. Inside were pictures of his children. Brenda flipped through a few pages and smiled at the pictures. They were so cute and they all looked happy together. Brenda looked at Michael, but he looked everything but happy. Brenda gave him a look of concern.


“What’s wrong?” Brenda asked. Michael looked at her with depressed eyes and then he glanced at the book again. When Brenda’s confused expression didn’t change, he pointed at his children, and then at his heart.


Brenda’s eyes started to water. She could feel his pain. She knew that he missed his kids. She knew that he felt bad because now they don’t have a mother or a father. Not that living with their grandparents will be bad, but every child should have the love of their parents. The children should be the ones who attend their parent’s funeral not the other way around.


“I’m so sorry,” Brenda told him. Michael shrugged his shoulders. It’s not like Brenda could change anything. What’s done is done.


“How are you here?” Brenda asked. Before Michael could answer, the doors to the closet flew open and the woman from earlier was there glaring at Brenda. Brenda looked at the woman, and then decided that she enjoyed looking at Michael more, so she turned to face him again, but he was no longer there. He had completely disappeared. The woman continued to glare at Brenda.


“What are you doing in here? What are you doing with that book? You were told not to touch anything!” the woman shouted as she dragged Brenda out of Michael’s walk in closet.


“Sorry, sorry, it was just took tempting!” Brenda exclaimed.


“I’m afraid you’re going to have to leave now,”


“What? Why? No!”


“Sorry,” replied the woman although she wasn’t sorry in the slightest bit. Out of nowhere, a security guard grabbed Brenda and kicked her out of Neverland.


When Brenda was walking towards her car, she took one last look at the Neverland Ranch. She noticed a figure in the window. She squinted her eyes to try and get a better look and almost immediately realized that it was Michael. She smiled and waved at him.


Even though her tour ended early, she got an intimate moment with Michael. She learned that even though he is dead, he’s still dying of the pain he feels for having left his children.