- Text Size +
The sweet smell of morning time a breakfast waffled into Michael's bedroom. He sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and sniffed the air out of curiosity of the smell. He had no maids so who could be cooking?? Then he quickly remembered he now had a daughter and sprang out of bed.

"Good morning Michael, did the sandman bring you sweet dreams??" Maddie asked sweetly standing on a chair as she turned over pancakes once Michael was downstairs. "What are you doing, kid??" He asked avoiding her childish question. "I'm cooking can't you see??? Don't worry I know how my mommy taught me. Please sit down and eat."

Michael sighed and did as instructed but he couldn't help but ask:"Where is your mother??" Maddie sighed. "Oh, oh she's fine. She's helping kids in Africa. You know giving them clean water and all that stuff. She didn't want to drag me along because I haven't gotten all my shots yet. You can be exposed to terrible things in Africa." She finished while retrieving two plates. "That's just like your mother, always wanting to help people." He replied Maddie smiled. "Can you tell me about you and my mommy???" She asked. Michael sighed. "I don't want to talk about it."

Maddie frowned a little. "Okay, I'm sorry." There was an odd cold silence between the two before Michael spoke. "Listen kid, after breakfast were going out." Michael declared. "To where??" Maddie asked curiously as she sat Michael's breakfast before him. "To Havenhurst." He replied grabbing his fork. "What's that??" She asked. Michael rolled his eyes. He hadn't gotten used to the many questions children asked. "It's my family home. My mother and father and few of my siblings like there." He replied. "Wow I get to meet the rest of the family?!?!? I'm going to get dressed right now." She exclaimed springing from her seat leaving an untouched breakfast on the table. Michael sighed massaging his temples. It was gonna be a long day.



"Michael are we there yet???" An over eager Maddie asked as she sat legs crossed on the jet black seats of the back of the limo. "Damn you asked that 10 times already!! Just a few more minuets!" Michael who sat next to her staring out the window through his dark shades replied. Maddie sighed. "Michael, why do you wear sunglasses when it's not that sunny?" Michael rolled his eyes through his shades "Maddie, Why do you ask so many questions???" He retorted in a very sarcastic tone.

"We're here." Bill Bray, Michael's bodyguard and driver announced. Maddie was just about to open the door when Michael's hand stopped her. " Look, when you meet my parents you are to be respectful and mind you manners. Do not speak unless spoken to and look with your eyes and not your hands. Got it??" Maddie sighed. "Yes Michael."

Father and daughter got out of the limo and approached the door. Michael nervously patted his foot as he turned the door bell. Maddie smiled up at him and waited anxiously. A few minuets later the door swung open.

"Hey Mike!!" Janet, Michael's 16 year old sister exclaimed with a broad grin. "I can't believe you're here you hardly come to see us." Michael smiled nervously. "Well I'm here." Janet looked down at the cute little girl standing next to Michael. "Who's this??" She asked. Michael swallowed. That was the question he was dreading most. "That's my, my, d-d- daughter." Janet giggled. "You're too silly Mike. Hi sweety what's your name?" Maddie smiled. "I'm Maddie. Are you my aunt???" Janet gave Michael a shocked look and then turned back to Maddie.

"Um yes I am. I'm aunt Janet. Come inside." Maddie smiled and followed her new aunt into the house. Her eyes lit up with wonder at it's size. "Michael you pulling some kind of prank??" Janet whispered falling into step next to Michael. "This is real Janet." He replied in a serious tone. "Well how long have you had a daughter??" She asked. "Since last night. She showed up at my house claiming I was her father." Janet bit her lip. "How do you know she's not lying??" Michael sighed. "She's not. I checked her birth certificate. My name is on there. Selina's her mother."

Janet's eyes got wide. "You and Selina had a kid????" She asked. "Apparently so. She's eight years old. That's how many years ago we broke up. And she looks like her." Janet studied Maddie ask she looked around. "Yep, she's your kid alright. Mother's not going to like this. MOTHER!!!! MICHAEL IS HERE!!!" Michael rolled his eyes at his sister as she headed up stairs. Then he heard foot steps approaching and a sweet familiar smell filling the air.

"Son, it's really you! Boy what have you-" Kathrine stopped dead in her tracks when she noticed the little girl who stood beside Michael. "Michael who's this cutie?" She asked. Michael took a deep breath. "Mother there's someone you should meet. Mother this is your granddaughter, Maddie. Maddie this is my mother; your grandmother, Kathrine." Michael's mother held a blank expression.

"I've been waiting to meet you for the longest time. You're just as I imagined; beautiful, and you smell great!" Maddie replied with a broad grin. Kathrine stared at Michael. "Well this is quite unexpected but I've always wanted a cute little granddaughter and you are adorable! Come child, we've got some catching up to do." Maddie smiled and took her new grandmother's hand. "We'll discuss this later." She whispered to Michael as she walked away with her new granddaughter. Michael sighed a huge sigh and plopped down on the sofa thinking about how his life had taken a 360 turn thanks to his new "bundle of joy."

About 10 minuets later he got slapped back into reality with his mother frantically calling his name. "MICHAEL, MICHAEL!!! QUICK COME AND SEE!!!!". Michael shot up rushing up the stairs to his old bedroom. He finally discovered Janet and Kathrine huddled around Maddie in the walk in closet with big smiled on their faces. "What?" He asked. "Look!!! Janet exclaimed as they stepped out of the way only to reveal Maddie in one of his psychedelic suits he once wore as a little boy in the Jackson 5 days. "This is what you all are worked up about??" He asked unamused.

"But look isn't she adorable??? It fits her perfectly. She's just the exact same portions as you when you were that age. She's definitely you're kid. She reminds me so much of you when you were a kid!! She's just a ray of sunshine!!!" Kathrine finished with a big smile.

"Sit down girl!! I think I love ya!! No, get up girl!! Show me what you can do!!" Maddie suddenly exclaimed mimicking her father as a young member of the Jackson 5 as Kathrine and Janet giggle in amusement. They continued to fuss over her as she danced in front of the mirrors. Michael couldn't help bit giggle a bit himself.

"I love this new edition to the family!!!!" Janet exclaimed and Kathrine agreed.


Everything around him was changing.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review!!!