- Text Size +
"Okay Michael let's discuss this." Kathrine declared once the mini concert was over with. Michael sighed and followed his mother out of the room leaving Maddie and Janet in a fit full of giggles. "So that's what you've been doin all this time. You been raising a little girl." She said as they made there way down the stair case. "That is most certainly not true!!" Michael snapped. "Watch your tone boy." Kathrine warned.

"That little girl just showed up at my house last night claiming I was her father." He declared. Kathrine held her lips agape but Michael spoke before she could get the words out. "I looked at her birth certificate, my name is on there." "And who's the mother?" Kathrine asked once they were down the stairs. Michael sighed lowering his voice. "Selina" He whispered.

"Selina!! Boy if I would have known you were having sex at that age!!!! Selina!!!! You knew about this all that time didn't you?????" Kathrine shouted. "Mother I told you no! I had no idea Selina was pregnant! It has to be my kid. She's eight years old exactly how many years it's been since we broke up." Kathrine sighed. "All I know is that you better watch it! For all I know you could have a kid in every state." She said hitting Michael's chest. Michael giggled. "Mother don't be silly that'd mean I'd have fifty kids." Kathrine shook her head. "All I'm saying is you better wrap it up son." Michael giggled at bit more and then suddenly Janet and Maddie came down the stairs.

"What's wrong girls??" Michael asked. Aunt and niece stayed silent as a familiar set of heavy, intimidating foot falls came down the steps. Then they were all met with the face of the devil.

Joseph.

"Who the hell is this little girl comin in my house and disturbing my peace!" He barked. The whole room was tense. No one dare speak and no one could speak. It was if their lips were sealed. "Well!!" He screamed.

"Um she er, um." Michael spoke. Maddie looked at her father and quickly noticed the fear in his eyes. She didn't understand why everyone was so afraid of Joseph. He couldn't be all that bad. They obviously hadn't mastered the art of sweet talking and cuteness.

"Hi sir I'm Madelyn. but you can call me Maddie." Michael stared at Maddie with wide eyes. She was gonna get her head bitten off by Joseph if she didn't shut up!! Didn't he tell her not to speak unless spoken to????

"And who are you??" Joseph asked, his voice softening. "I'm your granddaughter." Joseph laughed. "Little girl I think your ponytail is too tight. The only kids of mine who got kids is Tito and Jackie. Who's kid are you??"

Maddie's big brown eyes, identical to Michael's, swept over in his direction. Michael cringed and Joseph laughed. "Michael doesn't have a kid do you?" Joseph asked. Michael sighed. "I do Joseph. That's your granddaughter Madelyn." Michael said placing his hands on her shoulders. Maddie smiled to make the moment more genuine. Suddenly Joseph started looking around.

"What cha looking for??" Maddie asked. "I'm looking for Aston cause I must be getting punked. Michael can't even take care of himself, how is he gonna take care of a kid?" Maddie could sense her father's anger by his grip on her shoulders.

"Don't say that!" Maddie shouted. Everyone stared at her. "I mean no disrespect sir but you shouldn't talk like that. I haven't known Michael for a very long time but I know he's capable of being a good father. I just know it." Janet and Kathrine smiled and Michael held a blank expression although he was quite surprised a little girl that he hardly knew would stand up for him like that. Joseph couldn't even verse.

Still silent, Joseph turned on his heel and left up the steps. Once he was gone, Michael let out a huge sigh and looked down at Maddie.

"Didn't I tell you not to speak unless spoken to?!?!" He scolded bending down to her level. "I'm sorry, Michael I just had to." Michael sighed. "No you didn't." Michael replied.

"I did, you're my daddy." Maddie replied.


Michael stared at his daughter. "Come on Maddie let's go back up stairs." Janet said. Maddie smiled and happily followed after her aunt. Kathrine turned to Michael with a smile.




"That's a wonderful little girl you've been blessed with."
Chapter End Notes:
I don't know..... I think I kind of fizzled on this chapter. Please let me know what you think!!