- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi guys!!! I know it's been a long time but I finally have something for you all. I've had ideas for my stories lately so expect maybe to see some updates on other stories!! Thanks for reading and please review!!
Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!” Went Michael’s doorbell. Michael groaned as he pulled away from the redhead he was swabbing spit with. Every time he was trying to get in the mood someone was ruining it by ringing the doorbell. Warren hadn’t even buzzed over the intercom to notify him ahead of time. “You stay put while I go get this situated.” Michael commanded as he rose from the couch in route of the door. He unlocked the door and with one swift motion opened it to reveal a group kids standing there with broad smiles.

Michael sighed and rolled his eyes. “Look, If ya’ll are looking for me to buy Girl Scout cookies,” He turned his direction to the boys in the back. “Or boy scout cookies, whatever: I’m not interested.” He declared. The girl in the front of the group giggled; a high-pitched giggle that annoyed Michael. “What the hell is so funny?” Michael snapped. The boys in the back giggled at his use of language. “We don’t want you to buy Girl Scout cookies. We wanna live with you!” Another girl shouted. “And why?” Michael asked. “Cause you’re our Daddy!!” One of the boys exclaimed. Michael’s eyes grew wide.

“Oh no. Not this again! That it not true!! You’re lying!” Michael shouted pointing his finger in their faces. “Nuhuh. We can prove it!” A girl shouted. As if rehearsed the kids all reached in their pockets, retrieving a folded piece of paper and extending it to him. “NO. NO!!! You’re not my kids!!!!!!!!!. Get away from me!!!!! GET AWAY!!! GO!!!” Michael screamed pulling at his hair.

“But Daddy!!!” A girl protested. “It’s Michael and I am not your daddy!!” He screamed. “Well, Michael!!” The girl corrected herself. “Yeah, Michael!!!” A boy shouted. “Michael!” “Michael!” “Michael!” All the children seemed to shout at once. Their voices getting louder and louder; so loud they shattered the windows of his home. Broken glass fell around him.
********
“LEAVE ME ALONE!” Michael shouted as he sat erect in the dark of his bedroom. A bright strike of lightning followed by a loud rumble of thunder filled his bedroom.
“Gee Michael, sorry.” A small trembling voice spoke. Michael reached over his night stand and turned on the lap. His eyes were met with the sight of a frightened, teary eyed Maddie. She stood timidly by his bedside dressed in her Care Bear printed pajamas; her curly hair wild about her head and her teddy bear tucked securely under her arm. Michael sighed running a large hand through his messy, curly hair.

“Maddie. What is it you want?” He asked sharply in a groggy voice. Maddie’s big brown eyes, identical to those of her father’s, stared at the ground. “I’m sorry to bother you Michael. It’s just that, I’m afraid of thunder and lightning and I can’t sleep.” The young girl timidly admitted. Michael raised an eyebrow. “So what are you sayin?” He asked. “I was wondering if, if I could sleep with you?” She asked innocently, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Michael sighed deeply. “I guess it wouldn’t hurt.” He replied with a shrug as he pealed back the sheets. A small smile of gratitude spread across Maddie’s face as she climbed into the large bed. Once she was comfortable Michael pulled back the sheets and turned off the lamp. He turned on his side staring into the dark. Another loud clap of thunder rumbled causing Maddie to dart under the covers.

“It’s just a little thunder. Go to sleep.” Michael commanded. The two lay in silence listening to the rain drops pelting the roof. The silence was short lived when Maddie spoke. “Michael?” She asked into the darkness. “What?” A half-sleep Michael asked. “Are you ready to tell me about you and Mommy? “ She asked. “If you’re not, I understand. Stories help me sleep though.” Michael sighed. There was no need to keep fighting it. Eventually he would have to spill the beans.

“Where do you want me to start?” Michael asked. “At the beginning of course.” She replied. Michael took a deep breath and began. “It met your mother when I was fourteen years old. It was a night after a concert me and my brothers had to do in Los Angeles. She was backstage with a group of her friends. She stood out in those red, knee high boots and matching newsboy cap. I knew she was different from the start. I expected her to be screaming her head off but she didn’t. She talked to me and treated me as if I were an ordinary person. It made me feel special. Like somebody actually liked me for being me and not being Michael Jackson. Before she left that night, I pulled her aside and asked her if she wanted to go out sometime. She said yes. I was so excited I couldn’t contain myself. I stayed up all night just dancing around my room.” Michael finished. Maddie shifted slightly in bed. “Well what happened? Why aren’t you two together anymore? How come I always thought I didn’t have a Daddy?” Maddie questioned. Michael sighed. “It’s a long story kid. You wouldn’t understand it.”

“Oh.” Maddie replied softy followed by a yawn. The two sat in silence for a while. “Michael?” Maddie asked. “Yeah?” He replied groggily. He was dozing off again. “There’s this song my mommy used to play all the time. Sometimes she’d play if for me before I went to bed. She said it was one of yours. It was real soft and pretty. I just can’t remember the name of it.” Maddie declared. Michael thought hard. “Hmm. Was it “Got to Be There?” “ He asked. “No.” Maddie replied. “It started out with the words, one day in your life.” Michael lit up. I know which one you’re talking about. “Can you sing it?” Maddie timidly asked. Michael sighed. “Why not?” He replied as he took a deep breath as he softly began to sing.

“One day in your life. You’ll remember a place. Someone touching your face. You’ll come back and you’ll look around you. One day in your life. You’ll remember the love you found here. You’ll remember me somehow. Though you don’t need me now, I will stay in your heart. And when things fall apart. You’ll remember one day.”

Michael actually choked up as he sang the song. It always reminded him of Selena. He recorded it shortly after they broke up. When he finished recording it he actually left the studio and cried. This is why he never sang it live. He would be inconsolable. He took a deep breath as he wiped a tear that had fallen down his face after he finished singing.

“I’m sorry I ruined Daddy’s Day kid. I’m sorry for it all. I try to do better. I’ll try to be a better father. I’ll try.” He whispered tearfully. Maddie couldn’t hear him. She had already fallen asleep.
Chapter End Notes:


Thanks for reading and please review!!!