- Text Size +

“Ugh! He’s late again! He knows damn well that he has to pick me up after school!” I complained.


“C’mon Liz, he is a boy. You can’t expect him to be able to fit everything in that tiny brain of his!” Hannah told me. I laughed.


Hannah and I were both 14 years old. We were best friends. Hannah was a small blond with sparkly blue eyes. I had red hair that fell just passed my shoulders and brown eyes. I was had a stronger build then Hannah. Hell, I had a stronger build then anyone in my grade or a grade older! Not to brag but my abs were amazing. They were far more impressive then any guy’s abs. You could break a brick on those babies! Metaphorically. I was a dancer. Not like a stripper or a bar dancer. I was a hip hop and break dancer. I was really into that kind of stuff.


“Well something would be nice!” I spat. A city bus rolled up in front of us. Hannah grabbed her things.


“That’s my bus, I’ve got to go! Good luck with your brother!” She said as she waved good bye and hopped onto the bus. I waved good bye and pulled out my cell phone to call my brother- Joseph. I dialled the number and flipped my hair over my shoulder.


“Hello?” asked a muffled voice on the other end.


“Hey knucklehead! Where are you? You’ve left me standing here for half an hour! You do know that you have to pick me up today right?” I asked. There was a pause.


“Excuse me? What are you talking about?”


“Why are you being so stupid?” I asked.


“Who is this?”


“Who do you think it is? It’s Liz! You’re sister!” I told him. Wow, he was stupid.


“I don’t have a sister named Liz...”


“This is Joseph right?” I asked.


“No, this is Michael Jackson...” the voice on the other end told me. I snorted. You’ve got to be kidding me?


“Okay Joseph, stop playing games with me. I will admit that that is a pretty good Michael Jackson imitation, but you can’t pull one over on me like that! Just hurry up and pick me up!”


“I can’t! I don’t know who you are! I’m Michael Jackson! Why don’t you believe me?”


“Because I’m not stupid Joseph!”


“Why do you insist on calling me Joseph?”


“Because that’s who your name!” I screamed beginning to get very frustrated with my brother.


“It’s my middle name...” the voice told me.


“Okay, maybe I have the wrong number,” I said as I was about to check the number again. It might not be Joseph, but it sure as hell wasn’t Michael Jackson! At that moment I heard a loud roar behind me. No way. No freaking way. A rusty old pick up truck pulled up beside me. My brother opened the door.


“Sorry I’m late! Hop in!” Joseph called to me. Wait... if Joseph was there... then who was...


Oh damn.


I quickly hung up the phone and jumped into the car. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God! I just had a conversation with Michael Jackson. I just had a conversation with Michael freaking Jackson!


At least I think I did.


I was jumping up and down in my seat. My brother looked at me and laughed.


“Excited?” he asked me.


“A little,” I replied. I heard the beat of ‘Billie Jean’ come on the radio and cranked it up.


“Billie Jean is not my lover! She’s just a girl who- something else I don’t know! But the kid is not my son!” I sang. My brother turned the music down.


“Please don’t do that again, you’re just embarrassing,”


“I don’t mind if I embarrass myself!”


“No you’re embarrassing me!” He exclaimed.


“Hey!  I am not!” I screamed back. He just laughed.


“I didn’t know you liked Michael Jackson?”


“Well I do now,” I told him.


“He is good.”


“I know,” I told him. I cranked the radio back up again and sang along to the rest of the song. Other then that the ride was pretty silent.


Later that night while I was doing my homework I felt my butt vibrate. Okay, what the hell? Why is my butt- oh yeah. My phone is in my butt pocket. Whoops. I pulled my phone number.


Michael Freaking Sexy Ass Jackson <3 <3 <3 <3


He texted me! He texted me! No way! No way! The most sexy pedophile look ever crossed my face. You know that look you give your best friend when the teacher says to pick your partner? That’s the sexy pedophile look I had on my face.


Michael Freaking Sexy Ass Jackson <3 <3 <3 <3: Hey! How are you? You ditched me earlier today! I thought we were having a conversation? Do you hate me or something? What happened?


Me: OMG! I’m so sorry! I was just really freaked out! Turns out I did have the wrong number. Oopsie. I hung up when I saw my brother pull up. Are you really Michael Jackson?


Michael Freaking Sexy Ass Jackson <3 <3 <3 <3: Is your brother Joseph? Yeah, this is Michael. Hey! You’re not gunna share this number are you? ‘Cause if you do then I’m going to have to change it and we won’t be able to talk like this...


Me: Joseph is my brother. OMG! No! I won’t tell! Don’t leave me! I like talking to you! It’s exciting! How do you have time for me anyway?


Michael Freaking Sexy Ass Jackson <3 <3 <3 <3: I found some time.


Me: Sweet! I still can’t believe that I’m actually talking to you!


Michael Freaking Sexy Ass Jackson <3 <3 <3 <3: Lol! I understand.


Me: I feel like I’m dreaming. I mean, what are the odds of me dialling the wrong number and having it be yours!


Michael Freaking Sexy Ass Jackson <3 <3 <3 <3: :D Better then you thought I guess...


Me: Oh yeah! Hey! I should go. I have homework to do. Blah! I hate homework, it’s boring. Anyway, ttyl!


Michael Freaking Sexy Ass Jackson <3 <3 <3 <3: Ttyl!


I turned my phone off. Gosh he’s so nice! I picked up my pencil and started my homework. I felt kind of stupid for having chosen homework over Michael Jackson! I continued glancing at my phone, contemplating on whether I should just text him. No. No. If I do I’ll get hooked and I’ll never finish my homework! It was torture not texting him!


Eventually I finished my homework and I hopped in my bed and then fell asleep (and dreamt of Michael Jackson).