- Text Size +

“That was the most annoying two months of my life!” I explained absolutely exhausted.


“Oh come on! They weren’t that bad!” Lexi tried to persuade me. I glared at her.


“Oh please! Don’t tell me being in a room with 12 Justin Biebers singing ‘Baby’ consecutively isn’t annoying! One is bad enough!” I shouted as Lexi, Xavier and I stepped off of the school bus and started walking towards my locker.


“Do you want some ice from that burn?” Xavier teased Lexi.


“They weren’t that bad! Remember the MJ’s?” Lexi pointed out. We all stopped dead in our tracks.


“That was pretty annoying...” Xavier agreed.


“I almost went insane...” I added.


“See! Stop complaining guys!” Lexi told us. We continued walking again.


“Alright, fine. I’m still not a fan though,” I told her as we reached my locker. At that moment the bell for our first class rang. Xavier and Lexi quickly spread out to get to their lockers and I quickly grabbed my stuff for my first class; social studies. I didn’t mind the subject, but I absolutely hated the teacher.


His name? Mr Wall.


He’s as intimidating as he sounds. He has a bald spot on the top of his head and a ring of thin gray hair around his head. He had thick bushy eyebrows and gray, dismal eyes. He was probably about 55 years old or something like that. Nobody liked him.


The second bell rang and I got in just as it finished. Mr Wall glared at me.


“You’re late,” he told me.


“I’m late?” I asked.


“You’re late for the periode,” Mr Wall replied coldly.


“Are you suggesting that I’m pregnant?” I asked him acting like a total smart ass. The class laughed. His eyes narrowed.


“Miss, sit down. Now!” He boomed. I smiled and sat down in an empty desk in front of Xavier and next to Lexi. Mr Wall sighed an irritated sigh and walked over to the blackboard toward some notes he had written on it.


“Today, we start our unit on religion. Understood? Good. Copy these notes on a blank piece of paper. You guys have seven minutes. Go,” he told us as he sat down at his desk. Everyone’s pencils attacked the page viciously.


“Henry! Stop texting!” Mr Wall shouted four minutes through the seven minutes we were given to copy down the notes. Henry jumped.


“How do you know if I’m texting?” Henry asked as he obviously shoved something down his pants in panic.


“Because people don’t look down at their crotch and smile! Start copying the notes!” Mr Wall explained. Henry looked down in defeat but started to copy down the notes.


After everyone finished the notes, Mr Wall made us turn to page 163 in our stupid textbooks.


“Oh my God!” someone from the back of the class exclaimed, “I just flipped to the exact page in one flip! Suck it fools!” Everyone laughed. Except Mr Wall.


“James, shut up and stick your nose in that book!” Mr Wall ordered. James did as he was told. Just as Mr Wall had opened his mouth to bark at us there was a loud thud. Followed by another one and an ear piercing scream. I looked out the window that led to the hallway. Oh God no. It couldn’t be. I did not just see a chimpanzee run through the hall. Maybe it was that tuna salad I had last night coming back to get me...


No.


Tuna salad does not make a bunch of Michael and Janet Jackson’s appear in the hallway! I nudged Lexi and Xavier and pointed to the hallway just as a lone Michael Jackson ran after the others.  If these Jackson’s were the ones I thought they were... then that one would have been Leave me alone or The way you make me feel MJ. But what the hell was a chimpanzee doing there? I realized that that must have been Bubbles. We all looked at each other with an ‘Oh crap,’ look on our faces. Mr Wall turned his attention back to the class.


“Well that was strange, anyway-“


“Hello!!” screeched the voice on the intercom. “I am a zombie and I am here to eat your... grains! Get it? I’m vegan so I can’t eat brains.”


“What’s your problem? You’re not vegan!” Tuned in a female voice. Make me Janet I guessed.


“Shhh! I’m trying to scare them!”


“I feel your toes from miles around!” another voice sang. I guess The way you make me feel MJ had to find a new line. The entire class started to chuckle.


“What the hell is this?” asked one boy in the class.


“Is this some sort of joke?” asked another girl.


“You need to shut up before I smack that stupid smile off of your damn face!” threatened another person on the intercom. Well, it was no secret that that was Bad MJ.


“Actually, you can’t do that because it’s physically impossible to smack a smile off of someone’s face,”


“Who the hell do you think you are? Einstein? Give me a break!”


“How many times have I told you to just be nice for once in your life!”


“Look here Sparkles, nobody gives a damn. Why don’t you just let it go! You can’t change me! Nobody can!”


“That’s damn right! Nobody can change him!” The female voice agreed. There was a loud scream. The entire class plugged their ears.


“What the hell was that for?!” I could assume that that was Bad MJ based on the tone.


“Muscles! He’s gone! Warning! Warning! There is a boa constrictor on the loose in the building! I repeat! There is a boa constrictor loose in the building!” The voice was very serious. After that the intercom turned off. Nobody said a word. Mr Wall was the first to break the ice.


“I hope those kids get a good long detention after that outburst! Now back tot he book! Does anyone know anything about the religion of the people of Israel?”


Only the nerd kids had their hands up, although, we were rudely interrupted by a loud bang against the door.  I knew exactly who it was. Well, I had a general idea. The door flung open and Leave me alone MJ emerged. He walked nonchalantly into the room.


“Hello everyone. You may have heard me a few moments ago. There is a killer boa constrictor on the loose and-“ he started. He stopped and stared at me. He cocked his head sideways as if that would give him a better view. Then a huge grin came across his face.


“Hi Jade!” He exclaimed as he waved over excitedly at me. Everyone’s eyes fell on me.


“What are you doing?” I mouthed. He looked at me confused.


“Anyway, about the killer boa constrictor. Watch out! If you see it, please let me know!” Leave me alone MJ finished. I got up and walked over to him. Mr Wall stood up.


“You know these freaks?” Mr Wall asked me.


“Yeah, I do, so does Lexi and Xavier, so let them help me get these guys under control. Thanks. Don’t worry, we’ve got this...” I told him. Mr Wall shrugged his shoulders. Lexi and Xavier got up and stood next to me.


“Can I ask you a question?” I asked Leave me alone MJ.


“Well you didn’t give me much choice there did you? You just asked me one,” he replied. I rolled my eyes.


“Fine. Can I ask you two questions?”


“You just did.”


“Can I ask you four questions?” I asked. I knew his little game.


“What?”


“Can I ask you four questions?”


“You just did,” he told me. Okay, I thought I knew his little game. At that moment Gold pants MJ walked in next to him.


“Oh, hi Jade. So... I haven’t seen you in awhile. Do you like my sexy pants?” He asked me as he started strutting his stuff.


“No,” Xavier replied.


“Did you know that there are only two people in this world? The people who like my pants-“


“And the people who don’t?” Xavier interrupted. Gold pants MJ ignored him.


“And then there are liars,” Gold pants MJ finished.


“I like your pants,” I told him. He smiled and then skipped off down the halls. I took Leave me alone MJ out into the hall.


“What are you guys doing here?” I asked as I slammed his body against a locker.


“We came to visit! As a surprise!” Leave me alone MJ enthused. I face palmed myself.


“Are you serious?!”


“Actually, I’m Leave me alone MJ,”


“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I exclaimed as I threw my hands in the air.


“No... I’m Leave me alone MJ!”


“Ugh!” I sighed in frustration.


“Where are the rest of the Jackson’s?” Lexi asked Leave me alone MJ. Before Leave me alone MJ could answer we heard a lot of banging. We turned down the hall and saw Bad MJ and Make me Janet laughing next to a vibrating locker.


“Hey!” I yelled. They both looked at me. That whipped that grin off of their faces. They both ran elsewhere. I examined the locker.


“Help! Help!” screamed a voice from inside. Oh my God! They locked someone in there! I looked around and saw that the mechanic who was busy fixing the lights had left his tool tray out. I took a pair of metal cutters and cut the lock off. J5 MJ slumped to the ground panting.


“Oh my God! I almost died in there! Who leaves their locker in that condition?!” J5 MJ asked as he continued to gag. I helped him up and peered inside the locker. It was pretty disgusting. There was rotten food, at least five gym strips, and old slurpee cup with tons of fruit flies flying around it.


“Where is everyone?” I asked J5 MJ.


“Outside, I saw some of them climbing a tree with Bubbles. We all bolted down the hallway. While I was running I tripped on something. I hit the floor with a bang.


“What the hell was that!?” I screached furiously. I looked back and screamed at the top of my lungs! I scrambled to get away.


“Aww... don’t be scared! It’s just Muscles!” Leave me alone MJ explained as he picked the large snake up and wrapped it around his body. I slowly got up and headed outside. Leave me alone MJ was softly caressing his boa constrictor. I looked around and saw a large group of Jackson’s surrounding a tree with This is it MJ and Nasty Janet up high in a tree with Bubbles.


“If this is as close as I’ll get to a cherry picker then so be it!” This is it MJ yelled. They all cheered; except for Rhythm Nation Janet who was sobbing in a corner. I went up to her first.


“Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked her. She slowly lifted her head up from her knees.


“She just got over a break up...” Ghosts MJ explained as he walked up beside me.


“Yeah... I’m over him,” Rhythm Nation Janet said as she whipped a stray tear off of her cheek.


“Good! Hey! Do you want a drink of water?” Ghosts MJ asked her. Rhythm Nation Janet started to burst out crying again. She was like a leaking tap!


“He drank water!” Rhythm Nation Janet exclaimed as she buried herself into her knees again. Oh God. I walked over to the crowd of remaining Jacksons.


“Climb higher! Your mom was more of a man then you!” Thriller MJ called out from the bottom of the tree.


“All of you! Get out of that tree! Now!” I shouted. They all looked at me.


“Oh damn...” One of them said. I put my hands on my hips. Nasty Janet and This is it MJ both hoped out of the tree with Bubbles by their side.


“Do you have any food?” called out a voice from deep within the crowd.


“No I don’t! Bring your own damn food next time!” I shouted back. I knew that I was talking to Off the wall MJ.


“What do you guys think you’re doing?” I asked them. I sounded like an angry mom scolding her kids.


“Having more fun then you obviously. You’re in a grouchy mood,” Bad MJ retorted.


“You need to shut the hell up! I am not in a grouchy mood! I’m just tired! I had to listen to Justin Bieber’s ‘Baby’ for the past two months!” I explained. They all exchanged glances.


“That’s serious guys...”


“Yeah, I don’t blame her now for freaking out like that...”


“Damn right!” I exclaimed.


“Hey! Let’s go driving!” Ghosts MJ encouraged.


“No!” I screamed, “I have to go to school! You guys need to stay here and behave yourselves! Got it?” I asked. They all nodded slowly.


“Then can we go driving?” Ghosts MJ asked innocently.


“Fine, only if you guys sit here, and are good!”


“Done! You won’t even know that we’re here!”


“Good, I’ll see you guys after school,” I told them as I walked back to class. I didn’t believe them for a second, but I should have. I didn’t hear or see them once at all for the entire day. They must have been really eager to go driving!