- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi I'm back! Sorry for the long wait! I know it's short but please review!!!
Patricia watched as a rain drop cascaded down her bedroom window with a long sigh. Lightning lit up the gray Indiana sky followed by a loud clap of thunder and those gloomy drops of rain she knew so well. It had been raining for 5 weeks straight. That's also exactly how long it had beeen since Michael left.



To Patricia, those weeks felt years.Years of rain and gloom. She often stayed in her room watching the rain drops glide down her widow.



In many ways she was thankful for the rain. It gave her an excuse to stay cooped up at home and flip through their friendship book, soaking in memories of Michael. There was noting for her to do Michael was her one and only friend, if he wasn't there then what was the point of going outside to play? It made her sad seeing Michael's house knowing he wasn't home. Untill the sun shinned then she guessed she'd have to go outside. But untill then, home is where she'd stay.



I soft knock on her door made her spring from her bed. In high hopes that it might me the one person she was yearning to see she eagerly opened the door only to be disappointed to discover her mother standing in her door frame. The young girl plopped down on her bed with a sigh.



"Pat, won't you come on and eat?" Ms. Morine asked, her patience wearing thin. Patricia had been reluctant to do anything lately. She stayed isolated inside her room all the time and she often refused to eat. Ms. Morine found Patricia's reaction to Michael's departure unreasonable and unhealthy. She was very concerned and even considered taking Patricia to the doctor.



"I'm not hungry Mama." Patricia replied turning her attention back to the window as rain drops fell at a steady pace. Ms. Morine sighed in great fustration. "What are you looking at???" She asked annoyed. "I'm watching the rain Mama. Ever since Michael left the sun hasn't shined. Maybe when he comes back it will shine again." Patricia replied.



"Don't be foolish Patricia. This world doesn't revolve around that silly little boy! Life has to go on!!" Ms. Morine yelled completely fed up. "You will stop this foolishness right now understand?!?" Ms. Morine yelled.

Patricia keept her attention glued to the grey sky beyond her window.


"Can't you see mama? Ain't no sunshine when Michael's gone"
Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!