- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry, Ummm... please review! I feel as if people ABSOLUTELY HATE this story. Please, please review to let me know if I should keep on writing the storyl

Revenge. That was all on my mind. But deep inside, I knew that I wasn't that kind of person. I let out a deep sigh and cleared my thoughts about Jeff. He was just a guy that worked with me. Just a single guy. He didn't mean anything to me. Right? 

----------------

The next day at practice, I saw Jeff and Tatiana holding hands. They came up to me and practically rubbed it in my face. 

"Hey Roxanne," Jeff said. 

I gave a fake smile to him and walked towards the stage. As I trudged forward, I could hear him laughing at me. 

I clenched my fist and closed my eyes. Ingnore him, just ignore him. 

---------------

"Okay, let's do this! The choreography has been changed several times, but if we focus, we can definitely pull this off!" Michael told us. 

"To cool off, everyone can have a drink of water." He made his way to his dressing room to get his water bottle. 

I forgot my water in my car, so I ran outside to go fetch it. When I got out there, I saw Tatiana and Jeff kissing. Let me rephrase that. Not just kissing, like REALLY KISSING. As if Tatiana was a water bottle and Jeff had been stuck in Death Valley for 7 years. Like they were really---- really going at it. 

 

I tiptoed my way into the studio to avoid being seen by either of them. 

"Okay, we're back. Let's do this. You guys do the number first, and I'll see if we need to work on anything." Michael told us and the other crew members. 

As the music started to play, I began performing the movements. 

"WAIT!" Michael's sudden booming voice stopped everyone immediately. 

"Where's Jeff?"  

I blurted out, "Outside with Tatiana." 

Michael's eyes suddenly widened and shouted, "He skipped practice ... for Tatiana?!" 

He burst out of the studio to find him. We all followed his heavy footsteps. 

When Michael first saw Jeff kissing Tatiana, he froze. Then, he recollected himself and yelled, "Jeff!"

Jeff quickly turned around and looked at all of us. He was SOOOO embarrassed. HIs face was blood-red and his mouth looked, well bruised-ish. 

"Get over here." Michael's tone was fierce. 

"Look , I don't care if you have a relationship or not. But, I don't want it interfering with MY tour. Do you understand?" 

At that moment, Jeff did the dumbest thing anyone could ever do to Michael Jackson. 

He covered his ears. He covered his ears!!!!

It may not seem like a big thing, but nobody , and I mean NOBODY does that to the King of Pop. You have respect him and listen to him. 

Then, Jeff did something else. He said, "Look, you rejected her. So don't get jealous because I have her now, and you don't."

Michael yelled back, "Don't make up some excuses to cover yourself up! Don't accuse me of being jealous or anything! You don't know me! You're just a disrespectful and dumb dancer who's never going to make it big. And guess what, you're fired!" He looked over at Tatiana, who had been watching the whole scene, and shouted, "You're fired too! For being a distraction and a disruption!" 

Jeff looked at Tatiana, then back at Michael. He shrugged and said to Michael, "Fine. I don't care. And guess what, you may be big and a celebrity and all. I may  be a starving dancer that just wants fame. But hey, at least I'm not a freak. That's right, Wacko Jacko!

We all gasped and waited for Michael's outburst in response. But calmly, he replied, "Don't come back here. You're done. You're cut. Good bye, Jeff. You could have been a dancer on my tour. But now, you're not. And you'll regret what you just said. Especially when you'll realize that you won't be able to get another dancing career. Remember, when people realize what I have to say about you, well , let's just say... you won't be getting a good review from me."

He walked back into the studio and said, "From the top!" 

After we danced, he left to go talk to his manager. 

---------------

When Michael came back, he called me up to him. 

"Yes?" 

"Roxanne, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I remember that you auditioned for 'The Way You Make Me Feel.'"

"Yeah, I did."

"Well, as you already know, Tatiana's out. And I wanted you to be her replacement. I think you'll do really well. I mean, it will take some time to learn everything, but I think you can do it. Are you in?"

"Yes. Yes! I'm definitely in!"

------

 

As I got out of rehearsal, I couldn't help but smile. 

I was so happy because of the following: 

1) Jeff was long gone.

2)Tatiana was long gone. 

3) I was in another song!

I knew that I was just picked because Tatiana was out, so I was basically the afterthought. However, I was still happy. 

Before I reached my car, Frank ran out to me. He handed me a dress and left. 

I guess he was in some kind of hurry. 

It was a short, tight-looking dress that looked really showy. There was a note attached to it. 

Roxanne, 

This is the dress for the new number. Please bring it tomorrow. You will wear it when we rehearse. You'll have to stay later than usual. Please try it on tonight, to make sure it fits and that it's comfortable. See you tomorrow. 

-Michael

 

I looked back at the dress and imagined myself wearing it. I couldn't. I haven't really worn anything this showy before.

But, somehow, I didn't really mind doing it for Michael. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

weiver esaelp.

This is "please review" spelled backwards. Just thought that you see it so often that you'll get bored by the phrase. So, just something different to look at.