- Text Size +

I woke this morning feeling good. Really good. I was about to start a new song. I quickly slapped my hair into a ponytail and threw on some green shorts and a purple tank top.

Then, I went to rehearsals.

------------------

Wow. I looked so different. 

I was staring at my reflection in the mirror of the dressing room. The hugging dress that seemed to cling to my body made me feel so different. Before I could dwell too much on my thoughts, someone shouted my name. 

I made my way to a woman with blond hair, whose name was Karen. 

Before I knew it, I looking straight up at the ceiling while she applied mascara to my eyelashes. 

This was uncomfortable, considering that I never ever put on make-up before. It's just that, I feel as if make-up is like a mask. I want people to like me, for me. Not for some stuff I put on my face. 

I told this to Karen and she laughed. 

"Roxanne, make-up isn't all like that. It's simply enhancing your natural beauty, not trying to cover it up. It's not a mask, it's just stuff to make your natural beauty stand out more."

"Oh, I never thought about it like that before," I replied. 

She smiled as she applied shiny lip gloss to my mouth. 

"okay, you're done." 

I gasped as I stared at the mirror. I had gone from : 

- a ponytail to curly hair with seqins and glitter in it

- some green shorts and an old tank top to a beautiful, elegant black dress 

- no make up to long eyelashes, dazzling lips, and pink cheeks. 

"Hurry and get yourself on that stage, before Michael says something!"

I hurried onto the stage, where Michael was talking to another dancer. 

"Um... hi Michael. I'm ready to start now." 

He whipped his head around and widened his eyes. His eyes traveled from my heels to my face, and then down again. 

"Michael?"

He blinked and shook his head and whispered, "You... you look .... really great." 

I blushed and thanked him. 

-----------

Michael's POV

So, I was just talking to one of the dancers when Roxanne called my name. I turned around and I was just stunned. 

She looked beautiful. It was definitely different from what she usually wore to rehearsals. She was amazing. The make -up, the dress.....

 

Oh god... the dress... It fit her so well. 

-----------------

The music swelled around the room as Michael pranced around me. I did my best to sway my hips and walk.. sorry.... strut around the stage. Suddenly, Michael touched my thigh. 

I mean, it was on accident. He was swaying his arms back and forth as he made his way across the platform to follow me and his hand swiftly touched my thigh. 

It lasted for like 3 seconds, but it was still frightening. Guys kind of intimidated me. I never had a true boyfriend, so I didn't know what a relationship was like. That's kind of why I made the "Jeff Fairytale" in my head. Anyway, I got nervous when he touched me, so I didn't watch where I was going and tripped on my heel. 

I feel forward, almost landing on my face, but was caught by someone's arms. Guess who it was? That's right. Michael. Michael Jackson. The king of Pop. My boss. My boss caught me. I was now in my boss's arms. So embarrassing. 

Weirdly though, when I looked up at him, he didn't seem that mortified. In fact, he looked like he didn't mind it. What could he possibly be thinking?

Chapter End Notes:

Please review.