- Text Size +

Meeting Michael Jackson? Nah, I'm not excited about that.

Yeah, I've heard about him. Yeah, I've listened to his music on the radio... But meeting him, face-to-face? Not my thing. I mean, I wouldn't jump up and down like a crazy fan. I wouldn't scream in his face or anything. I guess I'd just ask for an autograph for my SUPER OBSESSED best friend, Bethany.  

Whoa, sorry. Let me back up and introduce myself. I'm Roxanne Litell. 

One thing you should know about me is that I'm in love with dancing. I love escaping from reality. I mean, that's how I feel about it. I love letting the rhythm of the music take over my body. I feel like I'm not "me" anymore. I'm the music. 

Bethany understands how I feel about dancing. She knows I can't live without it. I guess that's why she came up to me one day and told me that Michael Jackson was having backup dancer auditions for his Bad Tour. 

 

Now, Bethany is crazy. SHe really is! Crazy about Michael Jackson, that is. No, she never saw him in concert. But she has seen him on TV! 

She rambles on  and on and on about him everyday 'til I can't take it anymore. One time I screamed at her, "Be quiet!" She just stared at me and continued! 

 

Anyway, back to the point. The auditions. I really didn't want to audition. I really didn't,honestly! But I got so tired of her pushing and pushing me to go and audition. I knew I wasn't that good at dancing. Really, I've heard about stories of professional dancers not even making it to celebrity's tours! I know that there were some people who danced their whole lives, and couldn't even make it Big. 

 

So, what makes Bethany think I'm so special? Well, she replied to me,"Because your good." 

 

Ughhh... I only dance on my free time. Like, on the weekends for fun. I don't choreograph or have a routine. I just simply, dance. 

 

But she bothered me about it. She irritated me. 

So, I finally flew to New York from my home in California to go audition. I knew in my mind that I didn't even have a chance. SO why am I going? I kept asking myself this over and over again in my mind the whole way to NY. 

 

I couldn't really find the answer. I knew part of it was about Bethany bothering me. But I also knew that somewhere, deep inside, I kind of wanted to do this too. 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review