- Text Size +
Alica's POV

Now where in Kansas. I'm standing backstage where only the people on stage can see me. I giggle as the Jackson 3 kick to the rhythm of "Bille Jean". I'm sure they get all that rhythm from that amazing father of theirs. Michael spots me out of the corner of his eye and winks at me.

Today is not just any day. Today is Michael's birthday. He doesn't think I'll make it known but he's wrong.

"Frank hand me a mic." I say as Michael tops it off and the crowd goes wild. I grab the cart with the cake on it. This is gonna surprise him.

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Michael, Happy birthday to yoou." I sang. Michael's cheeks are red. The crowd is in shock. I don't know whether it's the fact that it's Michael's birthday or my pregnant belly. Probably my pregnant belly.

"Happy birthday love!!" I shout planting a kiss on his cheek. Michael smiles and blushes. He's all sweaty. I love it when he's sweaty. Sweat looks good on him.

"Babe I thought I told you not to tell anyone else." He says. The crowd giggles. "I just couldn't keep my mouth shut." I reply.

"So tell everybody how old you are today." I say locking arms with him. "29." He says shyly. I smile.

Then he flips the tables on me. I embarssed him he embarasses me. "While you're out here could you do me a favor?" He asked. "Anything for you honey." I replied. He smiles big and mischeviously as the first few cords of "I Just can't stop loving you" fills the auditorium. Oh no he didn't.

It's not that I couldn't sing, a lot of people said I had a beautiful voice. It's just that after not winning a singing competition I was nervous about singing in front of people; fearing that they'd judge my voice. And I'd never sang with Michael before.

Michael starts the song off beautifully. He holds me close as he sings to me. When my part comes I try to make it sound as beautiful as I can. Michael smiles at me. His eyes are filled with joy and love. The expression in his eyes was priceless. I wouldn't trade it for the world.


"I just can't stop loving you." We finish off. The crowd goes crazy as Michael pulls me in for a passionate kiss that lasted almost 5 minuets. I smiled widely and walked off stage. The surprise I had for him was even better.

Michael's POV

I rip my shirt and the crowd goes wild. We do final bows and then walk off stage. I'm so glad the show is over.

I walk back stage and Alica is the first person I run into. She has a big smile on her face and she's holding something behind her back.

"Hey you." I say dabbing my face with a towel. "Hey." She says planting a kiss on my lips. "Look what came in today." She says placing a book in my hands. I stare at the front cover. "Hey this is my book!!" I exclaimed. "It is honey." She replies. "I finished it and sent it to my publisher." "They loved it."

"This is wonderful babe." I said truly excited as I wrap my arms around her waist. "I love you." "I love us." I kissed her beautiful face. "I mean look at us." "Look at how far we've gotten." " Months ago we hated each other and now we just can't get enough of each other." She smiled. Tears of joy rolled down her face. "I know Michael; we made it." "I'm so glad." "I love you so much." "I need you, I can't loose you." "I just can't stop loving you."

**********

I smile as Michael holds he tightly through the night. His body is close to mine. I was so proud of us. Just think of all the lonely lovers who didn't make it. Well, you can mark us off the list.

When I think about everything we've been through it make me want to cry tears of joy. We went through the fire, to the limit; we went through it all and now our love is stronger than ever. I've been thinking about what it would have been like if I let Michael leave. I would have been a mess. I thank God everyday for telling me we need to work it out. I love Michael. I need Michael.

"You know what?" Michael says startleing me because I thought he was asleep. I turned to face him and rubbed his chest. "What?" I asked. "This was the best birthday ever." I smile and kiss him. He was right. I planned it that way.