- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So here's an idea I've had in my head for a while from the challenge and formed it into this. Enjoy! ;)

"Mom, do I have to leave for the countryside? It's boring there!" Stephanie complained as her mother finished packing the last of her daughter's things into boxes.

 

"Sweetheart, as much as I don't want you to leave and I love you, you can't stay here. It's too dangerous. The electric nukes could drop on us anytime now. Plus, your great-grandmother has plenty of internet there. Even a simulator if you're lucky."

 

"So why can't you come then?"

 

"I have to stay here. Darling, please don't be scared like this, but...I've volunteered to be a war nurse."

 

"WHAT?! Mom, you're kidding me! You can't--"

 

"I am not kidding sweetheart. I wish I could come with you, but you have to leave on your own."

 

Stephanie stared at her mother in sadness before giving in with a sigh and a hug.  Her mother gently pulled her fingers through her daughter's brown hair with natural blonde highlights she stole off from her great-grandmother, but her father's light brown eyes gave it away it was Stephanie Kisstern when she glanced at her face. 

 

As she pulled away from her daughter, she managed to finish the last of the job. "Alright Steph, I've just finished packing the last of your collection. Can you help me put these in the teleporter?"

 

Steph nodded. "Sure." Soon, the last of Steph's things were packed away in the teleporter, and Steph had settled into her seat surrounded by all her things when a green light dinged on and energy started to fly around her as electricity. 

 

"I LOVE YOU STEPHANIE!"

 

And with that, Steph passed out.

Chapter End Notes:

What do you think? Yeah I know, All the MJ's are not in yet, but they'll get in there. ;) please review!