- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Alright, so I'm not sure that the chapter title makes a lot of sense, but I had a different story in my mind when I named it. But, I figured out how it can makes sense.

 “I guess you’re too embarrassed to be seen dating a white, huh?”

like Joe said something about her being white or something. i don't know. Anyways why the hell are you reading this? Go go go! Read the chapter;)

Chapter 5: You Too?

               So now you know that I like Maria, and she does too. I mean, knows I like her. After I got rid of that… lil’ problem I had, I think that she knows exactly what I think of her physique. Yes, I am very attracted to her.


               I exited the bathroom and poked my head into the living room. She wasn’t there. Her stuff was still by the door, so I knew she was still in the house.


               Listen, I know what you’re thinking. And you should be disgusted with yourself! I bet you a thousand bucks that she is not in my room laying in my bed in lingerie. That’s…not possible.


               But sure enough, I walked into my room and


Woah!” I walked right back out. How did you know? Like really, do you have like…ESPN or something?  


               “Michael? Listen, I didn’t mean for you to walk in on me. I wasn’t trying to seduce you, I promise.” I’m not sure if I should be relieved or not. I slowly entered the room again and smiled at the floor. I guess I’m Scared Of The Moon , now ah? “I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable,” she said softly. “It’s fine. I just thought because you saw my…that you were… Nevermind.” I looked at the clock. “Oh shit! I forgot! We have to get to the Marinot now!” I said in a hurry. I had completely forgotten the press conference to take place to promote Thriller. I mean, not that I need promoting, but…


               We quickly got dressed and into the car. Maria drove, literally, 100 MPH. We almost got pulled over, until I waved out the window and the officer fainted. Ha! My looks are priceless, aren’t they?


                So we got to the Marinot, right? John Landis was there and he was like,”Michael, get up here, now!” I smiled at Maria. “Well, that’s my cue. I’ll be right back, okay?” I made my way up to the little podium thing, and immediately, people’s hands shot up into the air simultaneously. “Mr. Jackson, Mr. Jackson! Michael! Michael! Sir!” I had a major headache. The cameras were flashing it felt like I was being suffocated. But all of a sudden, I feel a hand grab mine. When I looked, it was her. I squeezed her hand and started to answer questions. “Do you see yourself working on numerous videos with Mr. Landis?” one reporter asked. “If it comes to it, of course,” I replied simply. “Why are you holding hands with your assistant slash makeup artist slash hair stylist?” another asked. “Well, even though I’m pretty sure it’s absolutely none of anybody’s business, she is my…good friend.” I could see her face distort from the corner of my eye. “Great, that’s just great. Have a nice press conference, I’m leaving,” she said. She basically threw my hand at my side and she ran out the door. It looked like she was on the verge of tears. “Wait! Maria, I—“ 


               “Is she your girlfriend?” “Do you have strong feelings for her?” “Have you had sex with her?” Everyone had some questions about my relationship with her. And I had some too. I waved them off, and hustled out the door, looking from side to side for Maria. I could see her figure getting smaller and smaller as she sobbed down the sidewalk. “Hey! Hey, stop!” I ran as fast as I could to catch up to her. “I guess you’re too embarrassed to be seen dating a white, huh?”


               “No, no! That’s not it! I have to be careful what I reveal to the public. They start rumors and, and…They could say some pretty nasty stuff. I don’t wanna drag you into it.”


               She looked at me sincerely. “You care about me?” I chuckled. “Obviously honey.” I smiled and took her up into my arms. I rocked back and forth, rubbing her head. “Don’t you ever think I don’t care about you. You’re very important to me.” She looked up at me and gave me the saddest look ever. “You promise? You won’t leave me if the fame comes calling?”                  “I can’t promise you I won’t leave. I can only promise that I take you with me.” She nodded. “That’s good too.” I ended our warn embrace and took her hand. The press is going to make this a long week, right?


               I might as well have my girl here with me to help me out.


               She came back to my house, and it was like twelve thirty. (I know, right? That was some long-ass press conference.) I collapsed on my bed, and I don’t know what happened to Maria. I think she was reading a book on the couch or something.


               When I woke up, she was snuggling on my chest. “Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you up.” I smiled. “You didn’t, trust me babe.”

Chapter End Notes:

Review, Rate, and favorite dear hearts:) Please and thankyouuu