- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


It's sort of short but please review!!
I had just finished putting Madison and Mariana to bed when Michael came home. Since the water got cut off Janet allowed us to bathe and cook at her house. She was there when Michael got home and I'm sure he was tired from work so both of those things put him in a bad mood.

"Hey baby." I said as his food was warming up on the stove. "Hi honey." He replied with a sigh. "Hey Mike." Janet said. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Well If you didn't know I was allowing you wife and kids to use my water. You're welcome to too." Janet retorted. "No thanks, I'm good." He replied taking a seat at the table and putting his head down at the table. I knew something was wrong.


"Mike, what's wrong?" I asked he let out a sigh and slowly lifted his head. "I got fired today." He replied. "From you're first job or second?" I asked in shock."The second." He replied. "They said they had too many workers right now." He looked so disappointed.

"Michael, I-I." I couldn't even verse. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. The tears where starting to flow.

"I'm so sorry Michael." Janet said putting a hand on his shoulder. "And Maila please don't cry. Things will get better." She said reaching over. hugging me. "I'll see you two tomorrow. And, hey, no worries. Bye yall." With that she got up from the table grabbed her purse and left quietly closing the door.

"What are we gonna do now Michael??" I asked through tears. "Our water is already cut off, it's getting cold and Madison is out growing her coat and Mariana won't let me nurse her anymore. What are we gonna do?"

"Maila." He says lifting my chin. "The only thing we can do is hope and pray. I need you to promise me that no matter what happens you'll never let got. That you'll stay strong even when the task get hard that we'll see it through together. Promise me baby." By now silent tears clung to Michael's beautiful face. He was such a man. Only real men cry.







I took his hand. "I promise baby. I promise."