- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy!

Angel sprinted down the hall, the nurses urging for her to slow down but she didn't respond. The person that she cared for the most, the one who would do anything to make her happy, the one she always thought of on a dreary day was dying. She had to see him. When she had first met him, she didn't know why she took him into her care. She didn't know whether it was from the kindness of her heart or to ease the guilt that she felt burning inside of her. What she did know at that moment was that she would care for him. When they had first talked, she never thought that she would laugh that much or that loud. She never thought that she would have dreams of him when she went to sleep. She never thought that she would miss being by his side or get butterflies every time she heard him say her name. She never thought that she would have such strong feelings for him. One thing that would have never crossed her mind was that she would actually fall in love with him. Somewhere between their pointless conversations and their incessant laughter, she fell in love. In an instant, she remembered the moment she fell for him. It was their second encounter, the moment he had admitted to his loneliness, his fear of being alone. She had never met a boy that was bold enough to confess to such a thing. She supposed she grew fond of his sensitive side. She was afraid of him when she saw him around the school but ever since that moment she saw those beautiful tears shed, she knew that people like him weren't as bad as she had heard. That moment, she wasn't afraid of anyone because deep down inside, they were just as lonely as the next person.

Angel burst through the door of Michael's room and saw him laying limp on his bed with tubes connected to his body, pumping odd fluids into him. The doctor turned to her then smiled gently.

"You must be Angel," he said.

"How'd you know?" she asked slowly inching towards him.

"Michael has mentioned you countless times. He cries out for you when he sleeps." Her face broke into a wide smile and she glanced over at him, frowning slightly when he didn't awaken.

"Is he going to be alright?" she asked stepping closer to his bed, brushing his ebony strands back.

"He'll be fine. A few bullets hit him near his lungs but there is no permanent damage. The bullet grazed his head though. He's really lucky to have survived. When someone is shot this many times, all hope is lost."

"As long as he's still breathing then hope is never lost..." She turned to him, smiling tenderly, "Right?" The doctor smiled back, nodding at her in agreement.

"Right. Well, I'll leave you two alone then. His nap should be over soon." He left her alone in the room and gently shut the door behind him. A thoughtful expression found it's way across her face, showing the love she felt towards him and the relief of his health. Angel lightly gripped his hand in hers, careful to not to remove the pulse oximeter on his finger. His hand was cold, limp, almost as pale as the blank walls in the room.

Angel... Oh my God. She's here. I can feel her. She's holding my hand. Then that means I'm still alive. I can hold her now. I can still see her. I'll be able to tell her how I feel now. Will she accept me? My love for her? Will she feel the same? Well, none of that really matters now, does it? I love her and that's all there is to it.

"This is all my fault..."

Nothing is your fault! Quit saying that!

"If I wasn't so focused on the auditions, I would've had more time to run my own errands instead of burdening you with them..." He could hear her stifle a sob and her tears pelted onto his hand.

Don't cry anymore. There's no need to cry. I have to wake up. I have to tell her. I promised myself the next time I saw her, I would tell her how I felt about her. I want her so bad, I could die.

Michael struggled to open his eyes and once he did, everything was bright and his bleary surroundings were hard to make out. Looking over to his right, he found Angel crestfallen, her hands trying to muffle her incessant sobs. He kept reminding himself that he couldn't let fear stop him, that he couldn't hesitate speaking the truth. Who knew the next time he would get into another accident? He didn't know but he did know he had to tell her his feelings. He wanted to be by her side, he needed to be by her side. He needed her more than he needed himself.

"Angel," he breathed, unable to believe his own eyes. Her eyes snapped up to his.

"Michael..." she whispered as she recoiled in shock. A slight smile pulled the corners of his mouth and he thought about the first time she had said his name, recalling the moment of pure joy he felt.

"Angel." She reached her hand out to touch him but quickly pulled it back in fear that he might turn into dust like the times before. It had happened to him, the dreams he would have, she wasn't real. She was only an allusion always returning but never staying.

"It's okay. It's really me," he assured her softly and he knew how she felt from being away from him for so long, longing to feel him touch just as much as he wanted to feel hers. He held the hand that she reached to him and placed it on his racing heart.

"It's me." They sat in silence, both still unable to believe that this was real.

They didn't realize how much the other had suffered ever since that dreadful day he had came here. They didn't realize how unhealthy the other was, lacking food in their stomach and water in their system and growing pounding headaches every time they skipped a meal. They didn't realize how restless the other was at night laying alone in their bed. They didn't realize how much they were making their friends and family worry about them. They didn't realize a piece of the other's world broke off each day they were apart. They didn't realize their feelings for each other but both were going to change that.

"Angel, I don't know what I am in your eyes and I don't know what I mean to you but all I know is that I want to be with you. I know all I ever do is hurt you and I'm sorry for the constant trouble I cause. Sometimes, I always have to screw up in order for me to do right but one day, I know I will be able to overcome my mistakes and be the person you want me to be, the one you wouldn't be ashamed to associate with. I won't back down. I may need help on the way but I'll get there. I want to always be by your side. I don't to be apart from you. It breaks my heart every time we are apart and I want to see you every second of the day. Life is too precious to waste. I can't go the rest of my life knowing that my feelings are oblivious to you."

"What are you saying, Michael?" Angel asked, her eyes growing wider with elatedness as he gripped tightly onto her hand.

"I'm saying that I'm crazy about you, Angel. I'm in love with you." Her eyes widened in shock.

"Y-You love me?" she questioned, her heavy tears stinging in her eyes.

"So much," he whispered, "If you pity me and say that you love me too, don't. If the feeling isn't mutual then that's alright. I never had a chance anyway..."

"I love you too, Michael." Their eyes locked, "And that feeling is powerful than any force." Michael was overwhelmed with joy. The feeling truly was mutual and better than that, it was unbreakable like bullet proof glass.

"Angel, will you kiss me?" Michael asked abruptly, startling both himself and Angel.

"Huh? Wh-Why?" she questioned recoiling in shock. Her response caused him to chuckle lightly.

"Because I love you, Angel. Would you prefer another?" Angel's heart skipped two beats at the question, "I wouldn't be able to bear it if you kissed a man that wasn't me. Do you want someone other than me, Angel? Is our love just a game now?" He was getting cocky but the sudden boldness was oblivious to Angel.

"Of course it's not!" she nearly shouted. His hand cradled her face, gently pulling her closer to his face.

"Do you not want me anymore, Angel? Do you not want to be with me?" She watched in growing apprehension as Michael inched closer to her until she was able to feel his warm breath caress her flushed cheeks and her breathing hitched. She shuddered once she felt his slender arms snake around her waist and her breath caught in her throat. Though she was nervous, her eyes never averted from his and abruptly, out of it's own volition, her hand made it's way up to his neck, lightly stroking his jawline with the pad of her thumb, making Michael purr softly in response.

"H-Have you ever k-kissed anyone before?" she asked him, blushing lightly when their noses rubbed lightly together.

"Nope. You?" he questioned, his voice subtle and laced with desire.

"No..." At her reply, he pressed his lips firmly against hers. Michael had felt Angel jolt in surprise and he took it as acceptance to the chaste kiss and was amused by her behavior. Michael felt his heart swell with anticipation once her lips began to move in perfect rhythm with his. The warm kiss lasted for several long moments before Angel became short of breath. Michael watched in awe as her tongue swept across her swollen lips as if she wanted to savor the bittersweet taste of his mouth. Her cheeks were stained with a slight pink hue and when Michael stared into her eyes that grew darker with desire, he knew what she wanted, what she needed. His fingers entangled into her ebony hair and pulled her in for their second kiss she gladly joined in. Angel felt the tip of his tongue caress her bottom lip and she granted almost instantly, parting her lips and letting his tongue slip into the warmth of her mouth, causing her to moan. He gently pinned her beneath him, rocking his bulge against her warmth.  Moaning in pleasure, Angel's hands clutched the collar of his shirt, pulling him deeper into her mouth as if she wanted to feel more of him. His lips then went down to her slender neck, planting long warm, tender kisses along it. Angel sighed in bliss, smiling slightly at the feel of his lips against her.

"I'm getting too excited, Angel," he remarked, laughing nervously as his hands roamed her body. She giggled, not quite understanding what he meant.

"We have to stop," he mumbled against her lips.

"Why?" she questioned, moaning softly once their tongues touched.

"Because Mikey Jr. is getting his hopes up," he remarked, his eyes staring down at the bulge rapidly growing in his pants. Reluctantly pulling away from her, he sat upright, staring down in awe at the girl below him. They sat in silence, gazing dreamily into each other's eyes, both smiling widely as if they had just won the lottery.

"Oh, baby," Michael breathed, "I love you so much." She smiled as her response, leaning up to place a more chaste kiss on his lips.

"I love you too, Michael." He kissed her again, more passionately and more deeper. The doctor came in to check up on Michael then stared for a moment at the couple kissing ferociously on the bed. Stepping out into the hallway, he slowly averted his eyes and awkwardly shut the door to leave them alone as they were before.


 


Mini Max laughed along with Damius and Jakori on the way to their hangout spot and in the distance, they noticed Michael walking hand in hand with a girl they recognized from their school. They both exchanged smiles before their lips joined into a sweet kiss. Mini Max came to an abrupt halt, staring in shock at the action.

"Damn. She fine." Jakori murmured.

"Man, I know dat's right," Damius agreed with a wide smile. Mini Max shot them each a glare then swept his glare over to the laughing couple.

"Oh. Hey, guys." Michael greeted them with a wide smile, "This is my girlfriend, Angel Wilson. Angel, this is Jakori, Damius, and Max."

"Mini Max," he snapped with an angry edge to his voice.

"It's nice to meet you guys," she said with a veracious smile. They didn't respond but only stared at her in silence. Exchanging looks with his girlfriend, he sighed.

"Well, we'll see you guys later. I don't want her grandfather getting worried about her." Michael informed.

"Right. I hope I see you guys again soon." Michael took Angel down the road with his gang's stares lingering on her butt.

"It's her. She's the one who changin' 'im," Mini Max said crossing his arms over his chest.

"She's just a gurl man," Damius remarked coldly, "Ain't nothin' special 'bout her."

"Yeah. You right. Let's go."

Chapter End Notes:

Please review and suggestions are welcome!