- Text Size +

:. Three days later :.

.: Friday 24th of April 1997 :.

During the last three days Eva, had been busy sorting out the papers needed to enroll into the collage to start her chosen course. She was enrolled and ready by Thursday afternoon. Mid-morning, she had been photographed for her collage photo ID and received it that morning. It was a huge relief to the Indian based young woman to know her lie was now reality.

But It hadn’t stopped Daadi from nagging and rebuking her choice of studying with snarky comments.

you won’t need this course child!  You need to be home and be ready instead of going for those new courses!”

“at least the boys can watch your behavior in my absence!”

“troublesome child, just like your father who loved his education more than getting a job. Disgrace”

Eva wished she had the power to block the snarky remarks from Daadi Riya. She wished could retort with an equally snappy line but nonetheless she always remembered she couldn’t do it out of respect for her.

Luckily for Eva, Daadi had decided to spend a few days with her younger sister who lived in Shepherd’s Bush next to the well-known large shopping complex. The trio were relieved to have some freedom from her even if it was temporary.

Eva woke up bright and early for her class today leaving the home with the twins for the first lesson with some art materials she bought from a local art shop nearby.

It was around past one clock when Eva sat with Michael by her side as they discussed her first class and the people she’d spoken to during the class under the shade of a tree somewhere in the collage park.

“it wasn’t a bad class but the teacher couldn’t stop talking about this artist called Van Gogh! He kept pointing me out that my eyes were colour of one of his paintings” Eva complained to the amusement of Michael.

“was it a painting called Irises? Blue flowers?” he inquired.

“yes, it was! You know about it?” she responded surprised he knew.

“apart from photography I have a passion for painting but as you can see photography was a stronger pull” Michael pointed out with a grin.

 

“I can’t exactly see you painting Michael. Imagine all the paint that could get in your hair!” she responded with a cheeky grin.

“it wouldn’t be so hard to get out of my hair besides I can easily get it cornrowed in case” Michael responded chuckling.

“oh, I didn’t know your hair could do all that. It’s just all so much” she responded eyeing his thick masses of tight coils on top of his head.

“I’m glad you like my hair so much since our current topic has changed from art---” Michael was cut off by the sudden feel of Eva’s hand in his hair. She caressed his curly mane. She couldn’t help but be marveled by how tight his curls were but so soft.

“how did you look after all this hair? Doesn’t washing it take a lot of time?” she asked as she continued to caress his hair.

“it takes me a few hours to get my hair washed out and cleaned. It takes even longer for my hair to dry”

He replied with his eyes closed.

“how long does it take to dry?” she inquired.

“well if I tend to wash my hair day in the late afternoon. It won’t be dry till the next day” Michael responded.

“that long! I thought my hair took a while to dry” Eva exclaimed as she slowly removed her hand out of his hair.

“it’s a long task I’m thinking of cutting it one of these days but my aunt jay won’t allow me” he answered with a sigh.

“how do they cornrow all your hair?” she questioned.

“well it’s a long task they spilt my hair usually into four or six buns and….” Michael explained for next few minutes. As he explained Eva couldn’t hold the urge back once more to caress his hair once more.

“don’t pull” Michael crooned jokily from her light touches on his hair. He could get used to her hands playing in his hair.

Just for his smart remark Eva pulled intentionally and Michael chuckled with a wince from the painful tug on his hair.

“alright I won’t tease you! Don’t take it out on my poor hair” Michael pleaded.

 

“then have some manners or I’ll pull again” she replied with a smirk.

 

The tender moment was interrupted by the sudden voice of Paul McCartney.

oh my have I stumbled on a tender moment? I am deeply sorry” Paul announced cheekily not in the slightest sorry about his appearance.

The pair sprung apart when they heard Paul’s voice out of the blue. They both chuckled nervously before looking up to see Paul standing in front of them without his harem or a cup of tea held in his hands.

“what brings you around Paul and where is your tea?” Michael asked his friend to see his hands were holding a stack of papers.

“hello Eva.  Your looking beautiful as always but my friend I am holding papers of my invitations for my house parties” he responded with smiling eyes and teeth.

 

“hello Paul! Nice to see you once more. What party is this?” Eva greeted him.

 

“is it really that time of the year?” Michael groaned completely forgetting about his friend’s lavish house parties he always held at his giant mansion.

 

“what he means Eva is my yearly house parties I host once a month to the campus. The theme for this month is masquerade ball. I am not too fussed about what you wear. Just have a mask matching your outfit.” Paul explained ignoring Michael’s groan.

 

“since Michael never lets me dress him he has uncle Roy to do so” Paul said pausing to roll his eyes before continuing.

“I am inviting you to my party my dear.” Paul continued as he plucked one of the invites off the stack and handed one to Eva and Michael.

 

“what if I said I can’t make it this to party?” Michael pondered to his friend.

 

“then I will be disappointed in you buddy besides apart from me you are my wingman” Paul responded with a sharp glare at Michael.

 

“as always I have to guard your ass” Michael mumbled.

 

“excellent! Well I’ll see you tomorrow both tomorrow at 8.00pm sharp toodles” Paul replied smiling happily before he proceeded to walk in another direction.

 

It was slightly awkward after Paul’s departure as Eva looked elsewhere as Michael rubbed the back of his neck. This awkward silence continued till it was time Eva to go back to her class and Michael leaving campus to go pick up his younger sister from school.

 

Eva spent the rest of the late night looking for the right outfit to wear for the party next day. She never had felt more grateful to her mother persistent ways about packing more dresses for any occasion.

 

She had flicked though the many various coloured saris till she stopped noticing a bright red peeking out in-between a western dress and a lime green coloured sari. She pulled the dress out gently from the hanger to see a cherry red flowing dress bejeweled with tiny rim stones down the front and back as well as larger jeweled purple stones below the thin straps. It didn’t take too long to decide this dress was the right one and laid it on the bed to be ironed.

 

As she stared down at the beautiful dress the memory of her mother telling her to pack enough dresses sprung to mind.

“mummy I don’t need these many dresses!” Eva said to her mother gawking at the amount of dresses she held in her chubby arms carrying to drop in one of her many suitcases.

“you will need it sweetu! You never know when the time will come. you will be thanking me for sure!” she huffed in response as she began to tuck the clothes neatly into the suitcase.

Eva remembered the memory fondly from the smug expression her mother wore that day. Inwardly she admitted that her crazy mother had been right once again.

 

.

.

 

:. Saturday night :.

 

6:30pm

Eva sat on her chair holding the small mirror in her hand as she applied mascara underlid of her eyes. She had already arranged her hair into a high ponytail before she started applying the makeup.

Just as she finished applying the black mascara on the underlid of her left eye, the door bust open to reveal the twins.

“what is it? I already fed you both an hour ago” she said not looking up from her current task.

“well we heard about Paul’s party! It’s been the main event all week! as your cousins wondered if we could tag along with you” Adil stated.

“what Adil said” Aadesh added.

“no” she answered flatly as she moved to applying blush to her cheeks with a round brush.

“b-but why?” the pair spluttered simultaneously.

“neither of you were invited and I know the both of you will only bring trouble” she responded looking up briefly to eye them before continuing her task.

“but you can just sneak us in with you! We can protect you in case of any idiots that try to flirt with you” Aadesh protested.

“yeah we don’t want you to come to any harm!” Adil chipped in.

“no means no! you are not following me to this party. You can easily find something else to do while I’m away” Eva answered in a clipped tone leaving no room for arguments.

“so uncool cousin” the twins whined but knowing they didn’t have a choice walked out of her room.

Eva sighed at their childish behavior once she was alone.  She noticed it was almost seven clock quickly finished applying the rest of the makeup and stood up to get ready.

8:00pm

 

In her rush to get ready she had completely forgotten to call a cab in time before she left the house to get Paul’s home in time for the party. She sighed wondering what she was going to do since she didn’t know where his home was located.

 

She was about to make a call to the nearest taxi service near the home.

 

Honk! Honk!

the sounds of a honking sounds were heard coming from outside the door.

 

Who could be honking at the door now? I didn’t call anyone to pick me up

Eva thought skeptical.

 

The honks continued till she stood to check who was at the door. She grabbed her light coat and putting it on before grabbing her purse. She didn’t feel a pair of eyes watch her from upstairs.

 

She opened the front door as she covered her eyes from the blinking lights flashing from the car parked in front of the house.

 

Paul seeing her from inside the car immediately stuck his head out of the car waving a friendly hand at her while he spoke in a cheerful voice “well hello eva! You look stunning my dear”

 

“Paul! What are you doing here? How did you find my house?” Eva blurted out in shock.

 

“I have many secrets but time is wasting let’s go! My party has started” Paul replied with a wink.

 

Eva knew he wouldn’t give a direct answer. She chose to get in the car and ask the burning questions during the ride.

 

Eva bent down holding the dress up slightly so she could slide into the seat. Once she was sat comfortably, shut the door behind her.

 

“seatbelts safety first” Paul mentioned to Eva.

Once he saw she was sat safely with the seatbelt on, Paul started the car. The car grumbled to life before he began to drive the car out of the small driveway.

Once the car was driven a good distance from the house Eva still baffled on how Paul found her home. She chose to ask him once again.

“how did you find my home Paul! I truly appreciate your help but .. how did you find me?” she asked skeptical.

“well I did ask my buddy where you lived. He told me he didn’t know where you lived exactly on this area. He didn’t want to meddle in your business. But I took the chance to find out in the collage addresses. I hope you don’t mind dear. I had the funny suspicion you didn’t know where my home is or how you would get there. I won’t tell a soul” Paul explained with his eyes focused on the road.

 

“well uh that was sweet of you but could you not do this again” Eva chuckled weakly.

 

“I swear it on my love of tea I will not come to your home unannounced” Paul promised with a cheeky smile.

Meanwhile,

“can you drive any slower dude? We can’t waste time!” Adil complained sitting in the back seat while his brother and their friend David sat in the front seats.

“I’m driving behind them do you want them to notice us idiot!” David scowled at Adil eyeing him though the front mirror. Adil returned his scowl with a sneer in return.

 

“alright calm down hotheads we will be there soon. We don’t want to get ourselves caught and sent home. Be patient Adil” Aadesh rebuked the pair.

 

They continued to follow Paul’s car not too far behind them.

 

Back in the car.

 

At this point, Paul thought to lighten up the quiet mood with a slow RnB track by the popular musician Usher and and his hit song ‘U Make Me Wanna’ playing quietly in the background.

 

“Is this a song you use to get your cult Paul?” Eva asked gazing at him from the corner of her eye as she watched the moving scenario pass by.

 

“of course, not! I use my charm instead of music Eva. I just played this to lighten the mood is all” Paul responded.

 

“where’s Michael?” Eva inquired.

 

“oh, my wingman is taking care of the party for me in my absence. He certainly can’t wait to see you” Paul mentioned.

 

“oh um” she coughed to rid the sudden flutter of butterflies surfacing in her stomach.

 

“is that butterflies I can hear from your stomach love?” Paul teased the poor girl as if he had read her mind.

 

“Paul!” she scolded him giving him a frosty glare.

 

“alright don’t get your little nose in a twist dear I’ll stop” Paul barked in laughter as they continued driving.

 

It didn’t take long for them to arrive and park at Paul’s home. Once parked near the house in the spacious car park. Paul stepped out first. He went to passenger seat and opened the door for Eva to step out of the car. Paul gently looped her arm on his.

With the other hand, he used his key to lock it atomically as the car lights flashed briefly. Knowing his car was safe. Paul escorted Eva on his arm to his home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

so an extra update since I was asked so nicely cough cough. (not naming any names). E

enjoy the double update!