- Text Size +

 

     Back at the Compound, later that afternoon, everyone and everywhere were very quiet; no one spoke. Katherine was doing her baking, Joe was reading the newspaper, Rebbie and Latoya were polishing each-others nails in the living room, Randy and Janet were playing checkers, and the boys were just reading their comic books. Soon, the rumbling sound of the car could be heard and the bell as well; Katherine wiped her hands on her apron as she took dainty steps towards the door opening it only to reveal the Thompson family, Rachel and Tiffany waving and saying hello. "Why good afternoon there everyone please come in." She stepped aside letting them through as April handed her a plate of gelatin in the shape of a flower with her smiling and leading them towards the kitchen.


The Jackson Patriarch looked over his paper seeing the white people coming in. He gave a small smile and nod to Sherman Thompson shaking hands. Since the night when they were finding their children just a few months ago after misunderstanding about each-other, they had became good friends setting aside their differences and letting friendship take over. "Why hello there Joseph, it's great to see you again haven't seen one another since back what had happened." Joe nodded slowly remembering but shook his head. "The pleasure is all mine Sherman. So, what brings you and the rest here?" "The Air Conditioner over at April's cooking School burnt out and the men won't be coming until Monday afternoon sometime so we decided to pick up the girls and come here to see you guys." "Well, that's awfully nice of you to think about us. How about you and I go out and chat?" The Thompson man nodded and they both left.