- Text Size +

Chapter 4.

Michael laid on his back in his bed reading the latest edition of his superman comic books. He loved the way how the good-guys were always saving the day from evil lurking its ugly head from where ever it was coming from. Knocking interrupted his quiet time as he told the person to come in revealing to be Katherine with a small but sad smile. Michael smiled as he let her in his room; patting down a seat on his bed for her to sit.

"Michael sweet-heart, I know you will be very upset after I'm through talking to you." Michael gave her a confused look asking her what was the matter; she sighed again really afraid to get her son mad or worse sad even. "I just got off the phone with Miss Walton you remember her don't you?" Mike nodded. "Well, it appears that she has to go to a Luncheon tomorrow afternoon but she has no one to leave little DiDi" "But can't her babysitter take care of her like she usually does?" Katie shook her head. "I'm afraid not, she has the chicken pox and might have to stay home for a couple of weeks; so I suggested to her that you all can watch her just for tomorrow."

The next thing she knew Mike's heart stopped beating, his left eye was twitching and his mouth was slightly agape. "What!? but Mother we can't; we promised April that we would go to Super Mega World tomorrow." "I'm sorry honey but that's just going to have to wait until next weekend; I'm sure she will understand." Mike shook his head vigorously feeling his anger boiling up. "But it's the Grand Opening you gotta let us go." He pleaded having tears form up in his doe-like brown eyes. The sight alone was making Kate's heart break but nonetheless, told him that there was always next Saturday to go and that was final; leaving and closing the door, Mike threw his comic book on the floor and throwing his head into the pillow letting his sobs be muffled. He just didn't think it was fair; he felt that no one understood how much he just wanted to be a normal kid and do things like what normal children do; it felt like someone had a hot knife and stabbed his heart with it.