- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Awww

Candace-Ayana POV

*sighs* I was still fiddling with the precious necklace Mikel given me, while I wait for mommy dearest. God, this was such a beautiful gesture. I will cherish this moment forever. I subconsciously smiled as I twirled my dainty finger around the chain and pendants. I was also thinking about my Knight in shining suspenders. *dreamingly sighs* Suddenly, I felt everything go pitch black; somebody concealed my eyes. 

"Oooh" I squealed. i heard this sweet chuckling...

"Guess who?" This deep voice say in my ear. This warm breathe tickled my ear and gave me goosebumps. I knew who the character was, but I played along with his game.

"UGhmmm...Freddy Kreugar?"

I heard the lovely laugh..."NO."

"hmmm....Jason Vorhees."

He let out a hardy gaffawed "No."

"I'll give you a hint, it's your favorite peson." He said deeply and seductively.

I bit my  lip.."Hmm...favorite person huh?"

"Yes, my lovely lady." I can fell my heart thumping and cheeks burn.

"Hmmm...Mikel?"

He released his tender, soft masculine hands from my eyes and I had to blink a couple times to correct my distorted vision. I turned around and saw the most beautiful visage you could ever imagine.

Mikel held this gorgeous smile, baring those pearly whites.

His smile was infectious that it made me smile..

"Mikel, what are you doing here?' I thought you had to take care of your dog or something?" I questioned...

I saw his smile dissipate, as I mentioned his tale about a dog or sister...

He licked his lips and said.." Oh, well, I meant I have a little sister and she's  a dog....you should see her fangs...scary stuff."

Whet? I didn't get that, like his dog was adopted? OOOh, oh *laughs* He just made a joke...

I snorted and burst out laughing...

"Mikel, that's funny...you made a joke." I chuckled.

He gave me that one million dollar smile again.

"Ayana, are you hungry?" he asked...Mikel is the sweetest...

I smiled..."ughmm..a little bit, I--- He dashed out of sight.

"Wait, I didn't tell ya--- I shouted and stopped in mid sentence...well, it's the thought that counts, right?

Before I can recollect my thoughts, Mikel had returned faster than the spped of light...with a burger meal. It was comprised of a double-bacon burger with lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles, and yellow and red onions that was peeping from inside the burger. a large sweet tea, and sweet potato fries, saturated with ciinamon and brown sugar. 

"Oh, wow, Mikel, thank you." I said, while my eyes danced around the feast.

He sat down beside me. I had diverted my eyes from the meal, to look at him, and he smiled at me.

His smile and eyes always intimidate me...especially his eyes...They always held so much intensity in them, like he was looking through my soul.

I looked down feeling self-conscious.

"Ughm..Mikel, do you want to share with me?" 

"i would love to." He said picking up a sweet potato fry and brigning it to my lips...

"Oh, sorry, I don't let men feed me on the first date." I chuckled.

"Well, I wouldn't consider this a date...a date should be in a more romantic setting. The ambiance of being with the one you love, should make your heart sing and dance. The butterflies in your tummy should always flutter eratically, and your souls should be yearning for each other. The mood should be more...amorous, if you will."

I was just lingering on to every word...It was like hypnosis...Evey word was poetic, so sensational.

"Wow, your diction was just right." I whisper...

That was an understatement, the boy had me hooked...

He smiled at me and picked up my chin

"I can give you the best date in the world." He said deeply.

I was blushing from his words..

"Mikel, you seem to have the right words and know eaxtly what to say, to make a girl feel all giddy and toasty inside." i said softly...

He looked down and sigh...

"Well,  I have a confession to make...I'm really a bashful man...I looked to magazines, Film noir type movies to understand the woman's sensibility and psyche." He professed.

"Wow, well, whatever you did...It worked on me."

"Really?"

"Hooked line and sinker." I said honsetly.

He smiled at me...and fed me the fry...I let him slide this time...

"Candace-Ayana!!" Honey, I just found the cutest dress for you for the cir---

Miy mother stopped in mid-snetence, as she walked over to my booth...

I saw this smirk pierced on her face...

"Well, Ayama, I can see you picked yourself a fine gift." She said while folding her arms, holding that same smirk.

Well, the gift is more than fine, if you ask me :)

Chapter End Notes:

lol