- Text Size +

It was arrival day of Lavender Darlington coming to spend some time at the Parker family’s home.

 

Since the family dinner two weeks ago Faith had been counting the hours and minutes to seeing her snobbish and lavish life styled cousin. She even went to gym to vent out frustration and anger on any poor punching bags that she could find.

 

Feeling much better after letting all her mixed emotions set free, she felt ready to face her snotty cousin. Her cousin felt she was too elegant to be driving in the family car so she ordered a taxi to come pick her from the airport.

 

While everyone at home waited for arrival, only Juliette being the happiest to see her favourite cousin (because she always brought her designer stuff) while Eddie feeling the tension between his older sister and their parents over Lavender’s arrival. In his young mind he didn’t like his cousins from his mother’s side who always insulted his sister and were only favourable to them because his twin and him looked whiter in their selfish own eyes.

 

He may have most of his focus on his Nintendo but he is observant boy who uses it to listen into any information he could latch on to and file in his mind to think over for another time.

 

At the moment wanting to ease the tension in the room, pausing his ‘super Mario world creator’ game and looking up to see his energetic sister bouncing up and down in sheer excitement.

 

Eddie complained annoyed “would you stop bouncing on this sofa Jules your disrupting my game!”

 

She stopped bouncing and glared at her twin in crime “go play your game in your room Edward I want to have all the space in the room here”

 

Eddie getting annoyed grabbing his sisters cheeks began to stretch them while she squealed and began to do the same to her older twin (by two minutes).

 

Faith hearing the noise from the kitchen went to the living room to see her stupid siblings stretching each other’s cheeks.

 

“ok bratlings, both of you slowly remove each other hands from each others mouths then go get cleaned up for our delightful cousin” when the twins heard their oldest sibling enter the room, they froze and slowly removed their hands from each other mouths and ran past her to get ready while Eddie dropped his Nintendo on the floor.

 

Faith sighed walking into the room bending down to pick up the discarded Nintendo and placing it on the coffee table.

 

Before she walked back into the kitchen to see her mum washing lettuce to make the vegetarian salad for their guest.

 

“Hey mama why don’t we get Lavender to stay at a hotel? The best 5 star hotel she can complain and gossip to her hearts content” faith suggested charmingly.

 

Her mother stopped washing the lettuce to look at her daughter in the eye with a small smile “she is family Fai, we can’t send her to a hotel” and she turned back to washing the lettuce.

 

Faith grabbing the chopping board and a sharp knife began to chop the tomatoes as she continued on with her conversation with her mum “I know mum… I just can’t stand her she makes me so angry with her taunts, I’m this close to punching her over caked made up face”

 

Her mother finishing her task of washing the lettuce and placing the lettuce into a bowl turned around wiping her wet hands with the cloth beside the sink said gently “I know Fai, I’m proud of you that you have with held her taunts from her and the rest of your cousins from my side of the family sometimes I wish I hadn’t met your father you would have lived a better life” seeing the glistening tears in her mum’s eyes Faith stopped chopping and walked up to her giving her tired mum a warm hug and said lovingly “oh mum! don’t think like that ok? If you hadn’t met papa I and the twins would have not existed and why would you marry someone else? you are the best parents a young woman can ever find”

 

Pulling away from the hug faith smiled happily and she returned the smile, Carry pinched her daughter’s cheek and cooed “you always be my baby Fai”

 

Faith blushed and gently removed her mum’s small hand away from her cheek. “Alright mum let’s finish this meal for her royal highness” she said sarcastically.

 

They both went to the task of doing the salad and other things for the rest of the morning.

 

 

Her Essex accent could clearly be heard in the hallway disapproving her displeasure to the gentleman, who was unfortunate to drive her home carried in her suitcases of luggage into faith’s room.

 

After seeing all her luggage was placed correctly in the room, she walked down the stairs to walk into the living room to see the whole family watching TV.

 

“is this no way to greet me family hm? I have arrived at last” she said arrogantly.

 

They all looked up to see her standing there, one hand on placed on her slim hip. Juliette seeing her cousin jump from the coach ran to her and said happily “Lavie! You’re here, what did you bring me?”

 

Lavender laughed shortly then said “Juliette, ladies do not run we walk ok? Don’t worry I brought you and Edward something in my suitcases we shall explore that later on” she winked.

 

Juliette wrapped her arms around her cousin’s thin waist exclaiming ‘thank you’ over and over again while she lightly patted her shoulder.

 

She removed herself from her younger cousin’s hold and went to greet the rest of the family leaving Faith to last.

 

“why hello Faith, how have you been cousin? And how is your studies?” she asked politely to try and strike up a conversation with Faith to get what she wanted.

 

Faith rolling her eyes answered sarcastically “oh Lavie I have been just fine, glad you asked and my studies are just peachy” while this conversation was going on Carry, Devnon ad Eddie were all watching to see who would hit the first insult that could happen any time.

 

The smile on Lavender’s face twitched slightly indicating her annoyance before this argument could turn ugly, carry quickly spoke softly “would you like a snack before lunch is ready Lavender?”

 

Lavender turning her head towards her aunty smiled sweetly “yes that would be fantastic aunty Caroline”

 

Oh she knows how to use the word fantastic how adorable. Faith thought sarcastically.

 

Carry got up to get the snack from the kitchen leaving only the twins, faith and Lavender in the room where as Devnon had left the room to have a conference call with a client from his work.

 

Lavender’s personality changed immediately the adults left the room, she sat down near her favourite cousin at the moment and taunted sweetly “well cousin you and I know the real reason I’m here, I would love to be introduced to his royal highness since I hear that from my wonderful glamour magazines that he has made a female friend that he is close towards and I connecting the dots that it was you who’s friends with him, aren’t I smart?”

 

More like getting your brain examined is the idea that comes to my mind. Faith thought to herself.

 

Faith shifted her eyes from the TV to gaze into her cousin’s periwinkle blue eyes and raising one eyebrow mockingly “oh? Missing brain cells here and there but smart? I would never have guessed and oh so if I know the prince? What is your business with him?”

 

Faith smirked knowing she had riled up her favourite cousin as she watched her pale face turn red in anger.

 

In the background while watching this Eddie watched the interaction and couldn’t help but snigger as he saw his sister have the last word for once in the argument between the two feuding cousins.

 

When Jules heard her twin’s sniggering she slapped him upside the head emitting a yelp of pain “ow! Why did you do that?”

She hissed irritated “will you stop that sniggering don’t want your gift from Lavender?”

Now rubbing the back of his head, Eddie glared at his identical twin with steely eyes “is that all you care about Juliette? The presents? Don’t you see the feud between our cousins and the rest of the family? Or are you too flipping blind to see it?”

 

Jules shrugged her shoulders and rolling her eyes said “I am not blind Edward I just chose not to involve myself in the matter!”

 

Eddie getting up and grabbing his Nintendo with him spoke lowly “I can’t believe the crap that has just come out of your mouth…don’t talk to me right now Juliette” with that he stomped out the door, slamming it behind him.

 

This caught the attention of Faith who turned her head to see the crestfallen face of Juliette. She asked worried “what happened Jules?” referring back to the family nickname.

 

Jules’s head snapped up when she heard her sister’s voice, she sniffed quietly answering sadly “I-It’s nothing Fai, just a small disagreement me and Eddie”

 

Faith seeing it was more than what she implied said soothingly “that door slam didn’t feel like a small disagreement Jules, it’s not like Eddie to be mad at you”

 

Jules smiled timidly “don’t worry Fai…we will talk in no time” and she walked out the room.

 

Now only Faith and Lavender were left in the room, Lavender wanting to finally get the information she craved about his royal highness suggested, “you know him Faithless, you don’t need to hide him, why must you be so selfish? Why do you want him all to yourself?”

 

Faith taking a deep breath to calm her anger and turning to her cousin again replied calmly “If I had a chance to remove his presence I would have done it a long time or are you yet again too stupid to take that in Lavender?”

 

It was now her turn to take a deep breath however there was a hint of acid present in her voice  “oh faithless, I wish you would stop insulting my intelligence, I am a smart and predaceous woman with class … and you are a lowly peasant as well I think the Prince would love to have me as his Queen”

 

Faith clapped and laughed arrogantly “wow you know the words intelligence and predaceous, good girl! Want a cookie for your smart words? I rather be known as peasant then be known for over snobbish attitude, also if the Prince was interested in a slut, then I say let him have his fun”

 

At this the two women were ready to scratch each other’s throats out by the looks they were giving each other.

 

Luckily Carry walked in holding Lavender’s snack in hand until she noticed that the twins, her husband had disappeared. She asked baffled “oh? Where have the twins gone and your dad Fai?”

 

They both turned around smiling falsely not forgetting how the argument seconds ago.

 

Fai answered, “oh papa went to talk with a client and the twins had a fight I think mum”

 

Carry now dropping the cake on the coffee table sat in one of the free chairs in the room. “Oh dear, those two are always fighting over the silliest things, what could have it been this time?”

 

Faith shrugged her shoulders and said “I didn’t hear what they were talking about at the time mum but it looked pretty serious by the looks of it because Eddie slammed the door in a fit of anger”

 

Lavender deciding not to keep her silence but put to say her own input on the matter

“they are young adults aunty Caroline, don’t worry about those two they will make up, oh my this snacks looks delicious” as she eyed the snack in front of her.

 

Carry visibly relaxed at her words, and getting up from the chair dusting her hands on thighs said cheerfully “well dear, I am so glad you like the treat, I’ll give you some time to eat it”

 

With that Carry walked out of the room where as the tension in the room returned with the two women who were now glaring at each other once more.

 

Swallowing a piece of her treat Lavender spoke “I am not a prostitute like you implied faithless I have class unlike they do, so to end this discussion are you going to bring his highness here or not? Because if you don’t I will report back to father and mother that you are still not up to our family’s value like the twins are”

 

Faith pretended to shake in fear “oh I am so scared Lavender, frankly I don’t give a fuck about what mum’s side thinks, you can say all the empty threats you want and for the prince I will gladly invite him to see what a slut you truly are for himself”

 

Every last straw of patience and elegance Lavender had was thrown out the window when she heard herself being referred as a slut once again, using her manicured pink glittered nails she slapped Faith on the cheek leaving a bright red imprint on her cheek.

 

Faith not expecting to be slapped in the face held her suddenly aching face feeling the heat radiate from her cheek. Her chocolate brown eyes narrowed into slits at her cousin.

 

“You slapped me? Oh slut you have just finished your death” swiftly after those words Faith tackled her cousin to the ground with all her body weight and they began to scratch, kick, claw at any piece of each other they could get their hands on while this was going the noise was escalating to the point her father and Eddie running down hearing the noise to see both of on the floor fighting.

 

They both sprung into action pulling the fighting cousins apart from each other. Her father holding Faith while Eddie held Lavender away from each other.

 

Devnon demanded loudly in Afrikaans to Faith “Lefa! What is going on here?!? What has caused you and your cousin to argue to the point of childish fighting!”

 

Faith replied hotly back in Afrikaans “Papa she slapped me! She didn’t have the right to slap me”

 

Devnon scolded harshly “what did you say to get her to do such a thing in the first place! Both of you are not three years old in resulting to both of you almost killing each other, you should known bother”

 

After hearing that Faith drooped in her father’s arms hearing him scold her while dragging his eldest child to one of the free seats and then telling Eddie to drop Lavender into the seat further away.

 

Eddie obeying at once promptly dropped roughly onto the sofa while she let out a small “eek” at the sensation of suddenly being dropped and he left to go to the kitchen.

 

Devnon standing in the middle between them both, looking at them both while they looked away in shame for their behaviour. He spoke intensely “I do not know what happened here to cause such a fight between the two of you, I will not get involved because I know both of you are young women who will dissolve whatever was said in this room as well I clearly see and know that both of you do not like each other but for mum and aunty’s sake the both of you will be tolerate each other! Is that understand ladies?”

 

The ladies now ashamed at their behaviour nodded in union seeing that was sorted for now, Carry rushed into the room to see the red mark on her daughter’s face and the distance between them with her husband in the middle.

 

“what happened love? Why does faith have a slap mark on her face? And why are they are sitting so far apart?” she rambled worried.

 

Devnon sighed slowly and walking up to his wrapping his arm her shoulder told her assuring “don’t worry about these two Hun, they will talk it out” he looked back glaring at the both of them; they both flinched upon receiving his intense glare.

 

He distracted his wife by talking about completely new topic however leaving the room to go up to their shared bedroom. While the girls stayed in the room and that didn’t stop them from glaring at each other. Lavender got up dusting herself said smugly “I don’t regret leaving that mark I hope it stays on your pitiful face” and with those words she left.

 

Faith watched her strut out of the room with heated eyes; instead she went to the downstairs toilet in hopes of drying her face

Chapter End Notes:

the pov will be changing here and there you will know when :)

annnd what does everyone think of Lavender? Don't worry i hate her too lol~