- Text Size +

I rushed home practically busting my ass up the steps as I ran inside my house, slamming the door. I had given Michael my address so we could finsh up the interview and I guess it was safe to say I was a nervous wreck as I frantically tried to clean up. "Damnit why did I say he could come over" I whispered to myself, going over towards the mirror in the hallway, looking over my appearance. I wore black slacks with a white blouse, my box braids flowing freely down my back. Grabbing a scrunchie, I threw them up in a high ponytail. Hmm did I have enough time to fix my makeup? I wasn't wearing that much. Only some mascara and eyeliner. The sound of my black heels echoed across the wooden floors as I went to my purse to quickly apply some red lipstick. Besides the sounds of my trouble maker running across the floor upstairs and the babysitter, it was pretty much quiet. Oh yeah  that's right I forgot to mention I had a daughter. She was my world. "Shit the paperwork!" I cursed, running upstairs to my bedroom to get it. Of course at that particular moment the doorbell would ring. Ugh. "I'll get it mommy!" I heard my daughter yell as she ran down the stairs, opening the door. I wasn't fast enough to try to stop her. Hopefully she won't scare Michael too much...

Michael's Pov:

Letting out a sigh, I rang the doorbell, knocking as I fixed the watch on my wrist. I wanted to make sure I showed up on time since Ms. Singleton told me around 7:00 pm. I rang the doorbell for the third time when the front door finally opened. I gave a smile, expecting to see Ms. Singleton but instead I looked down and was met face to face with a little girl. She looked to be around 5 or 6. The little girl was absolutely beautiful though, her black curls in two pigtails, her brown eyes wide with curiosity and innocence. "Hi mister! Are you my mommy's friend?" It took me a moment to realize who she was talking about. "Yes I am" I chuckled, removing the disguise I wore. "Ugh Indie What did I tell you about talking to strangers!" I suddenly heard another voice say. It sounded like it belonged to a teenager. The older girl came rushing downstairs, about to scold the little girl bit froze once she reached the bottom step. "O-Oh my God you're Michael Jackson! What are you doing here? I'm a huge fan!" The girl said excitedly as she reached out to shake my hand. The little girl made a face. "Mally who's Michael Jackson? Is that the guy who's on your walls and your radio all the time?" The little girl pulled my hand in the house. She was honesty too cute for words. "Um, would you like anything to eat? Drink? I'm Mallory by the way. I'm India's babysitter" Mallory said, her voice quivering a bit. I could tell she was nervous to be around me. "Oh no! I'm fine thank you though. I was wondering if Ms. Singleton was here? I have an interview with her" I asked with a smile. It took Mallory a moment to recognize who I meant. She was still sort of staring at me, a dreamy look in her green eyes. She snapped out of her daze once she heard me laugh at something India had said. "Oh um sorry. Yeah she's here! She's upstairs. I'll go get her for you" she gave an embarrassed smile, running up the stairs. "Thanks Mallory!" I called out, taking a seat on the couch in the living room. India sat down right next to me, staring at my face. "Is there something on my face?" I joked, placing my hands on my cheeks, frantically rubbing causing her to giggle. "You look like the man on Mally's pictures!" She exclaimed, continuing to examine me, her face in deep thought. "Oh you mean Michael Jackson? I look like him huh?" I asked amused. "Yep! But you're waaay cuter!" India said, causing a loud laugh to escape my lips. This little girl was a trip. "Mally loves Michael Jackson! Mommy does too!" "Oh yeah? Your mommy is a fan?" I asked even more amused. Tell you the truth, I didn't even think she listened to my music. "Yep!" India said but then her smile went away and she got serious. "Are you friends with my daddy? Do you know him?" I didn't know exactly how to respond to that but at that moment Mallory and Ms. Singleton came downstairs. I felt my breath get caught in my throat at the sight of her. Damn she looked good in the black slacks she wore, hugging her hips and curves in all the right places. "Mommy!!!" India squealed, jumping off the couch and rushing into her mother's arms. "Hi babygirl!" She picked her up in her embrace, kissing her cheeks and spinning her around until she noticed me sitting on the couch, her smile fading.

 

Justice's Pov:

I locked eyes with Michael and I could've sworn my heart stopped again. Damn he looked fine as hell in a pair of black jeans with a red button up shirt and black leather jacket, his hair in a slicked back in a low ponytail. I slowly placed my daughter back on the floor. "Mommy mommy doesn't he look like Michael Jackson! But he's cuter!" India said causing a laugh outta Michael and I. "Honey that IS Michael Jackson" I said to her. India gasped, her eyes wide. "He is!" I nodded. India let out a squeal, running back over towards where Michael sat, practically throwing herself in his arms. "India Ariana!" I half scolded half laughed. It was such a cute/funny sight to see! I felt my heart melt a little as Michael let out a laugh, hugging her back. For a split second it reminded me of India's father but I quickly shook that thought from my mind...

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Aww you gotta love India! What do y'all think so far? Let me know :)