- Text Size +

I just sat on the floor looking up at the cream coloured tiles on the ceiling until the pain cooled down enough for me to try and get up. Slowly pushing my arms forward I pushed my body upwards to a standing position until the feeling of dizziness took hold of me. I leaned on the wall taking in deep breaths and closing my eyes to ignore the ache in my head.

 

Opening my eyes gradually to see the world was not spinning I grabbed my bag, overlooking the pain and went to my locker.

 

Finally getting there and seeing him at the locker, I smiled tightly when he turned around and saw me smiling sweetly slowly his smile slowly began to drop into a frown when I came close enough to him.

 

Michael quickly walking up towards me grabbing my head in his large hands exclaimed worriedly “Amber? What happened to you? Why is your head bleeding?!?”

 

I could feel the world spinning again, I pulled my head out of his arms and said my words slurring slightly “I’m fine Michael, it’s just a small cut let’s go to lunch”

 

Unfortunately I didn’t make it to class, my world fell into darkness and I could only faintly hearing Michael’s panicked screaming calling my name.

 

Opening my eyes to the see the cream flavoured from the ceiling. I covered my arm over my eyes quickly forgetting who was in the room with me.

 

I heard the presence of someone come closer and removing my arm to see Michael sitting at the side of the bed, his facial expression worried.

 

I moved my body into a sitting position, Michael seeing me move, got up and helped me sit up, fluffing my pillow more to make me comfortable.

 

I sighed in content and looked around to see I was in my bedroom.

 

Michael spoke worriedly “Amber, what happened to you? I have never seen you faint so suddenly and bleed so heavily! Gurl tell me what happened? Did you get in a fight? Or someone hurt you?”

 

I couldn’t look at him and a lie tumbled out of my mouth in reply “um I was playing basketball and I banged my head when I slipped throwing the ball into the hoop and no serious injury right Applehead? I smiled tightly to emphasise my point and now rubbing the banged part of my head feeling the soft material.

 

Michael clearly seeing though my lie pushed my hand away from the bandage and said firmly “Amber! Why are you lying to me?, I know you better than anyone apart from mama and didn’t we promise each other no more secrets? So please cut the bullshit and tell me”

 

I gasped in surprise never hearing Michael swear which was sort of attractive to hear him swear.

 

I looked away and didn’t say anything letting the silence engulf the room. Until Michael brought himself closer towards me and grabbed my aching head softly to his forehead and he pleaded “please tell me Amber? Who would want to hurt you so badly?” and he started to panic rambling “is it my family what if they found the chance to come hurt you?---“

 

Before my pounding headache could become any worse, I pressed one finger on his lips and said patiently “ok Applehead, you don’t have to ramble on like that your making my headache worse, I will explain everything to you just stay calm ok until I finish”

 

Looking into my eyes I saw his agreement and I could vaguely smell his fragrance a mix of lemon and his natural essence. I took a deep breath inhaling his alluring scent and closed my eyes.

Opening my eyes to look into Michael’s eyes a flutter of mixed emotions brewing.

 

I pulled his long fingered hands from my head and laid down again feeling the ache return.

 

Michael seeing I had sat down again, pushed me a little further away to make room for himself. He laid down next to me, bought me closer to his chest and let my head lay on his chest.

 

Now feeling more comfortable I began to tell him about the whole incident and Michael was well scolding me for a good couple of minutes because I went by myself to confront her and then got anger about it.

 

I tried calming him soothingly “Applehead it’s fine, I admit what I did was stupid but it’s over I’m not that injured am i? so please calm down”

 

He sighed and held me closer to him feeling his firm chest beneath his thin long sleeved blue top.

 

I flushed involuntary and felt my heart skip a beat feeling his warmth. When did Applehead get so attractive and when did this skinny friend of mine get muscles? Why am I noticing it all now? Oh don’t tell me I had these feelings buried inside all these years.  It suddenly dawned on me I’ve had these feelings for my best friend all this time and I never knew.

 

Michael’s soft lips press on my forehead and his voice filled in determination “something has to be done before it gets worse Amber I don’t want you to get hurt even more. Tomorrow I’m going to talk to Chris about his cousin, leave it to me, I will make sure everything is alright”

 

I knew in my heart that this was not going to get better but worse with this crazy chick on my back wanting Michael all to herself. I mused distressed to myself.

 

Instead of letting those thoughts consume me I snuggled further into Michael’s chest for a moment until for a good while, until I slept off for awhile letting my mind drift off and off hearing Michael hum to himself.

 

Until my fogged mind heard his quiet mumblings “I love you so much Amber, why can’t you see it?”

 

Snapping my eyes open and looking at him seriously “repeat what you said Michael”

 

He nervously looked away chuckling timidly “repeat what Amber? I was just mumbling to myself”

 

Pushing myself up from his arms, ignoring the dull ache, I glared at him “don’t even try to lie to me Michael, I heard what you said… you said you loved me! Isn’t that true?”

 

There was a sudden silence that flooded the atmosphere, I continued to glare at him until he pressed his lips together until he spoke his voice filled with emotion “I’ve loved for you for so long Amber… even when you fell for my brother and when you left me to stay with him, I still wanted you”

 

I felt my mouth hang open at the confession Michael had just said to me, the emotions, it felt like a dam had broken conveying all the feelings he had hidden from me all these years.

 

Admiration, Love, lust, possessiveness it was freely expressed in his eyes and it was aimed at me.

 

I stuttered “I-I don’t know what to say Applehead..”

 

Hurt flashed in his eyes as he stood up “you didn’t have to say anything Amber…you’ve made it clear you don’t feel the same way for me”

 

As he stood up to leave my bed, I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly “I don’t mean it like that Applehead, it’s just your confession…it surprised me I never knew you even had feelings for me well I feel the same way too I never realised how much until Angelina tried getting in between us”

 

He turned around and sat down pulling me into his lap, I sat in his lap staring at him. His smiled joyfully and said “I know what you mean Amber, you have made me so happy hearing you feel the same for me… now that we have both acknowledged our feelings would you be my gurl?” he asked shyly at the end.

 

We stared at each other not breaking any contact; his face moved closer towards mine, our eyes closed until his lips softly touched mine.

 

I thought it would be awkward to kiss your best friend but for some reason, It felt right (I know cliché) we weren’t in a romantic movie but it felt magical.

 

We both opened our eyes slowly to look at each other. Michael giggled nervously expecting my answer. I smiled sweetly “yes I will be your gurl applehead but I think for now let’s keep our relationship a secret until miss crazy is off both our backs”

 

He nodded but protested sadly “but I don’t to keep it a secret Amber, I want the world to know you are mine but if that is how you feel then let’s go with it for now” their was a tinge of possessive determination stated in his voice.

 

I cuddled into his warm chest and mumbled softly “thanks Applehead for understanding”

 

We sat in silence enjoying the blissful silence however now that we both loved each more we thought was possible.

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

celebrate everyone we got the confession at last!..  halliua! it took only 18 chapters but we managed to get there lmao...i was not too pleased with it but i would love to hear what you think :D