- Text Size +

On monday, Shane came to see me at my locker. He didn't have any skills in discretion and his black-red hair could be seen miles around so I saw him coming before he arrived to me.

- Hey Shane, what's up ?

- Not much...well, actually yes, Eden sent me to say that he won't be here today and he also asked me to give you that.

I took the little yellow USB key he gave me on which was written "To my Punky friend".

- Well thank you but why isn't him at school ?

- I don't know, I'm sorry he haven't told me why.

- Alright... Nice I saw you today, which floor is your class at ?

- The third one.

I nodded and he went back from where he was coming. That wasn't really a talkative boy.

- Hey Jooooooooooo !

Hearing some heels noises, I understood that the high scream I heard was from the only and unique Kyla.

- Why isn't Eden here ! I'm looking for him since hours !

- It's been five minutes you arrived. He didn't come today and don't ask me why, I don't know.

She grumbled until the class started and kept talking about him all day long. When the moment arrived, I ran to the first bus after class. I couldn't wait until seeing what was in this USB driver.

- You're coming early today.

- Yeah.

I switched my computer on and put the driver in it. There were several things. First, a folder named "Michael Jackson Alive" which was certainly all the proofs Eden talked about. Opening it I saw photos, places and hours. Even some fly register from the L.A airport dated of the 25th of June 2009. I was wondering how Eden's friend had procured these documents. On the fly register, a plane was highlighted. Near the number of the plane, we could read :

The next plane departure was one hour after, and was for Paris. The city's name of the jet going to Sri Lanka wasn't noted as well. There was some other things like the attestation of the death of Michael on which the hour was different from the real death hour. But what really made my heart go crazy was this picture of the back of an ambulance with, perfectly recognizable, Michael in person, doing a peace to the camera with his fingers. I almost immediately cried my heart out, I hadn't any doubt anymore. I concentrated on another folder with "Jo" written under. I opened the only text present with an e-mail, a phone number and an address, a name was next to these informations : Shiro Murakami. A little note was telling : Call him.

I took my cell wasn't caring about how much this communication would cost me and I called the number.

- Hi ! Shiro Murakami, is that Jo here ?

He was speaking in a perfect English, I was hearing him typing on his keyboard.

- Yes, her in person.

- Nice to meet you, I wanted you to call to give me your number and the address where I can send some stuff.

- What kind ?

- You'll need some technology while you'll search the king. You definitely can't bring your phone, you'll be spotted by the police.

- Right hm... So here's my address.

I gave it to him, this guy was probably a genius.

- I'll send your package on Thursday, it should arrive right for your departure.

We talked a bit before he ended the call to work. So I decided to put my interest in the last thing the USB was containing. The file was a mp4 that I opened. The face of Eden appeared on the screen his guitar in his hands with, as background, a white wall a bit damaged.

- Hi Jo, I thought you wanted to know about the skills I had in music and that after discovering everything you did in this driver you'd need something to make you smile. So here are two songs of Michael and one I wrote. Let's go ?

And a shy smile marked his face while he tuned his instrument. I thought I was in heaven when his voice filled my headphones, I stopped the video that I transferred to my Ipod nano. I got in my pyjamas and played it slowly falling asleep on the gentle rhythm of Will You Be There, Speechless and the song he had composed, Win my Wings thanks to your light.

The sun warmed my face the next morning I had my little machine between my fingers, music had stopped after it had played all my tracks. I put my clothes on, today it was a white t-shirt and a jean overalls with ending in short with white shoes. I saw Eden right in front of the building. I was so happy to see him that I smiled with all my teeth.

- Hello Jo, what's up ?

- Hi Eden, here's your driver and...Thank you for the songs and stuff...

- Did you call Shiro ?

- Yes I did.

He looked embarrassed.

- Is something wrong ?

- Well... I haven't asked you if you'd be ready to make this travel in fact... I feel like I force you.

- No you're not, be sure it's okay for me.

He smiled again, forcing me to admit that I was at least under the charm of his handsome smile.

- Alright, Kyla will probably arrive in a minute or two, I'm gonna leave to go to my locker.

I turned around.

- Wait Jo, why aren't you staying with us ?

- She's got so many things to tell you, I always feel like I'm too much.

- I can tell you and I'm honest, you're never too much to me...

I smiled and got in to go take my books, my phone phone vibrated in my pocket, I took it to check what I received.

And my heart stopped.
On my phone screen, an unknown number was displayed.
These words were written :

"We know your investigation on Michael J. death,
keep going and you're dead.
We're watching."

And I knew troubles were beginning.