- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And we're in !

Everything is about to begin :)

Hope you'll like this one ! ♥

I thought about the "king's secret" all the week long. It was just the first one of my shcool year and so many things already happened. Kyla was always between Eden and me, wearing some of the sexiest clothes she had. I could see that Eden wasn't indifferent to her effort but I wasn't suprised, that's true my best friend was really beautiful, all I was reproaching to her was that she could, at least, not act like the worst b*tch in town. That wasn't mean to think that, I swear, I liked her so much. But things got to be told and each time she liked a boy, it was fast because he was cute and then, she was dating him for like two or three weeks (for her longest relation) before breaking with him because she was bored and wanted a new experience. But every friends she had were knowing her boyfriends were dating her just to have some good time in bed, if you know what I mean. What about MY boyfriends ? Well I hadn't really knew love. The last guy I had dated was one year before and it lasted for one month, not something such..."crazy". 

So, it was friday evening, like usual, I got to the long corridor where my "magic stuff box" was but Eden didn't came like he used to. On the other hand, I had a note slipped in he wrote. 

" Hey Jo, 

I had to go home early today because it's my father's birthday but I'll be here tomorrow at the meeting place. Here's my number if you ever want to talk. I know girl's aren't meant to send the first message so just rang me three times and I'll be the first to text :)"

I'm maybe old school but I found that he was right. Well, it was right to me but probably not for some persons. I was wondering if Kyla had his number too. I mean, she stayed with him all day long while I was only talking with him a few minutes before going home. It was strange but I was getting a little bit jealous of them. While Kyla was looking to Eden for his beauty, I was more interested in his personnality. What he was talking about was really interesting ! I was sure to know a lot more on him than Kyla would ever know. Thanks to our few moments together after class, I learned he liked a lot more things than music. He was a good Hip-Hop dancer and was drawing beautiful things as I remembered, he liked to play acoustic guitar as well. But I was certain Kyla wasn't leaving him say a single thing. "Omg...Why I am thinking like Kyla and I were in competition..." I thought. Standing here, alone the sun throwing its  beautiful orange reflections in the lenght of the hallway by the front door, I realized that it was time to go home. I heard my phone rang in the silence of my empty school. And I knew I was about to get in trouble with my mum.

On the next morning, I felt the anticipation waking me up. I was about to know this thing so secret about Michael. But the doubt was here. What if Eden was just playing with me ? I would go there and he could just not be here. Or worst. His friends could wait for me and do me some bad things... Okay, he was supposed to be nice, we talked a lot... But what if everything was just a big lie ? It was so suspicious that he was knowing something that no one around was knowing. But after I hesitated for fifteen minutes, I felt like it was to strange to be a prank. Well, I could at least go and see what would happen. I jumped out of my bed, took a black jean bermuda and a red top to go with some black converse. 

- I'm going mum.

- Wait a minute, where please ?

- I'll just go take a small walk, I don't know if I'm coming home for lunch. I'll call you but please let me go.

- Well allright...go on.

I quickly got out in the street before she could tell anything else. The bus I took was full like usual. In some way, I couldn't wait before hearing about what Eden had to say. When I got to the park, he was here.

- Hi Jo, he said with a cute smile, ready ?

- Er...yeah let's go.

He took my hand and brang me to a calm place between some trees, there was no one else...excepted two other boys. 

- So... Jo, this is Shane Miler and Wyatt Griffin, guys, this is Jo Harvey.

Wyatt was younger than us, Eden explained that he was in Grade 9. He was small, white skinned, short black haired and was looking really mature for his age. The other one, Shane was a little bit more original. His hair were black as well but with some light red strang. He was looking like a emo with his eyebrow pierced. Both were smiling, making me think that they were nice anyway. 

- Hi, said Shane, what's your entire name ?

- Er... 

- Nobody use it Shane, Eden replied before I could tell anything, But I still don't know why.

- I'm part French, in fact, so does my name...see ? I arrived here when I was 3.

They all nooded in aprobation and Eden took a deep breath before beginning the sort of "ceremony" they decided to make for telling me this apprently big thing.

- Okay Jo, first...how much do you like Michael ?

So I started to explain what this man did to my heart and soul when I began to listen to him. How he showed me love, how he learned me that violence wasn't the answer... I spoke about my love for him which was like a love for a father or a brother. They also heard about the tears I dropped when I saw the news on the 25 of this horrible month of June. And once I finished to tell them everthing I had to tell - which had at least taken ten minutes or more - I felt two water pearls slowly going down my cheeks. 

- I'm...sorry...I wasn't thinking it was still that painful...

I started looking my foot, embarrassed. I felt Eden move slowly to me and he takes me in his arms.

- What we're going to say to you, is gonna turn these tears into a beautiful smile but are you ready to hear and believe us ?

I was here for that so I whipped my tears away and stared at him.

- Yeah, I'm ready.

He stepped back, they were all looking really serious. My heart was going crazy. And then they told me what I would have never expected someone to tell...

- Michael is Alive.

I don't know if I believed them immediatly,

Or if it was just because of these three words put together,

But I broke down crying,

Smiling like I never did before.