- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I've got a lot to say lol 

I held on to Michael for a long time, afraid that if I'd let him go, I'd wake up and realize I might be dreaming. "Is this....real?" I asked. Michael chuckled at my reaction. "How've you been Autumn?" He slowly let go of me. I shrugged. "Eh, I've been alright. You?" "Same ol same ol" I nodded. "So....I guess Nadia didn't tell you this was your surprise huh?" I shook my head. "I'm gonna kill her when I get back!" I joked, smiling. Michael smiled too. "Well, I guess you're gonna have to kill me too then....since I was the one who told her to keep quiet" The two of us then went downstairs and he showed me around. I found out that the place where I was is called Neverland Valley Ranch. It was over 4,000 acres and it all belonged to Michael. I was a bit overwhelmed. He lived in such a BEAUTIFUL place. It was almost magical too. I know that may sound corny but this place was definitely giving off that 'innocently pure' type of vibe.....A lot like Michael in a way. I also found out Michael had his own private movie theatre, theme park rides, his own water and heating company, and a private zoo. "Damn Jackson! You SURE you live here?" I joked causing him to laugh. By now it was evening and Michael and I were sitting on a swing set. Neither of us were actually swinging, just sitting there staring up at the night sky. I placed a hand on my stomach. "Ugh I swear, Virginia's trying to get me fat if I keep eating her food!" I joked (we had dinner earlier). Michael snorted. "She's just trying to get some meat on those bones that's all!" I gave him a look. "Dude, did you just SNORT?!" I didn't even know he did that! Michael laughed so hard that he snorted again causing me to laugh. After that good laugh the two of us had remained quiet for a while before Michael finally spoke. "I've missed you, Autumn....." he said softly. I looked over at him. "Really? I uh, I haven't missed you ONE BIT" I said but he knew I was joking. "You've got a pretty rad place Mike.....it's beautiful" "Thank you....Autumn?" "What's up?" "I uh, I'm sorry for not responding to you the past couple of months....." "Why'd you do that? I thought you were pissed with me...I mean I would be!" I joked but Michael's face was serious. "I was never actually pissed with you, Autumn. For one thing, I was avoiding you because of the planning for the surprise..." "So, all this time Nadia knew?" I asked. Michael nodded, smiling. "I made her promise not to tell you....I thought you might have a fit!" I giggled. Suddenly another thought hit me....Getting up from the swing, I walked out barefoot across the grass to stare out into the night sky. Taking a deep breath, I turned around to face Michael, who still was on the swing. "Michael....why? Why did you come to my place that night? When I was drunk.....why did you come visit me?" Michael was silent before he answered. "You wanna know the truth?" I nodded. "You intrigue me, Autumn. I've never met someone who didn't kiss my as-behind and basically bow down to me....let alone a GIRL, but that's not what you are. You're a woman. A beautiful woman with a tough personality who's not afraid to speak her mind and I admire that....you're definitely different but believe me, it's a good different....so yes, the reason why I went to see you that night was because I was worried about you....a lot more worried than I should've been but also because when I'm with you, you actually provide me with some sense of normalcy that I love.....I pray that doesn't ever change......" By the time Michael finished I was speechless. Wow....I would've NEVER guessed he would say something like that. Noticing my quietness, Michael got up from the swing. "Did I, did I say too much? I'm sorry-" I quickly shook my head no. "No that was....I just wasn't expecting you to say all of that.....you sure know how to woo a girl Jackson" Michael chuckled, his smile wide. "Aw I finally wooed you over?" "No need to get cocky boy!" I joked, playfully hitting his shoulder but my smile faded as I noticed the look Michael was giving me. It was the SAME look I had seen in all those stupid romantic movies. It was the look a guy would give a girl when he wanted to....."You look beautiful in your dress...." Michael's voice trailed off. It was a little lower than normal. "Your just saying that...." I mumbled. Honestly, I thought I looked average. I could feel his face get closer to mine. "No I mean it. You look, God you look so....." his lips were inches from mine now. "Beautiful" Michael whispered before he tilted his head to the side and....I quickly turned my head the opposite direction, backing away from him in shame. "I'm s-sorry, I- I don't know what came over me...Autumn?" Michael called my name. I knew he must've been hurt but tried not to let it show. When I opened my eyes again they were filled with tears. "What's wrong?" he asked, clearly surprised but I wasn't. He rushed over to where I stood however I held both my hands up. They were trembling. "I....I'm in a relationship with someone..." Michael's face fell and that made me cry even more. "I'm so sorry Michael. It's not that I don't want you to kiss me....I do, it's just that.....I've only been with Chris for a couple weeks now and he's such a great guy you k-know? He really cares for me and likes me even though I don't really feel the same w-way....We were supposed to go out for my birthday but there was an emergency in his family and he cancelled.....I should be at home with him right now instead of h-here! You must think I'm some sort of slut huh" Michael shook his head. "Of course not-" "And you know what else?" I cut him off. "I don't deserve someone as good and pure like Chris. He's the type of guy that likes to hunt and go hiking and play golf and wear sporty clothes and I'm NOTHING like that! I'd rather stay inside and be lazy and eat junk f-food while watching movies all d-day....of course my parents would love him, they want me to marry some rich preppy athletic guy.....Can you believe I haven't even been INTIMATE with him yet? I keep telling him that I'm not ready and I know he's getting impatient....he probably thinks I'm some pathetic fool...and I am....what 25 year old is afraid of having sex?" I had managed to say a mouthful before fully breaking down, covering my face in my hands. Michael tried to touch me however I turned away. "I, I need some time.....to think I'm s-sorry Michael" I started to walk back on the path towards the house, leaving Michael behind......

 

 

I layed awake restless in my bed in the guest room later on that night. I felt horrible for what I had done. After my emotional outburst, I had returned back to the house. Michael returned a few moments later. I know he was only trying to give me my space but I took as a sign that he was angry with me for practically rejecting his kiss from earlier. I went upstairs to the guest room and stayed there the remainder of the night. I glanced over at the clock on the wall. It was 2:30 in the morning. Sniffling I pulled out my cell phone and began to dial a number. I know it was late but I needed to talk to him. Even though Michael and  I didn't kiss, the guilt was literally eating me alive. I think the thing that REALLY scared me was the fact that I WANTED those lips to engulf mine.....I didn't want to fight it anymore...."Hello?" The voice on the end of the line asked. "C-Chris?" "Who's calling?" The voice asked. It was a woman. Maybe she was Christopher's sister? Cousin? Niece? "Uh....this is Christopher's.....housekeeper.....may I speak with him please?" I tried hard to disguise my voice. "Sure! Hold on a sec.....baby! It's for you!" She called out. I knew it......"Hello?" Christopher answered. "Goodbye Christopher...." I hung up, fresh tears clouding my vision. Letting out a shaky sigh, I sat up in the large bed. I hadn't realized the tears were already flowing down my cheeks. I wiped them away as I got up from the bed and  began removing the Neverland pjs I wore. I went in the closet, putting on a white silk robe over my bare body. I then opened the door and walked down the long hallway towards Michael's room. The door was open a crack. Taking a deep breath I opened the door and walked inside..... 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Oh.my.gosh. so I know, A LOT had wen down in this chap! Why do y'all think Autumn went to Michael's bedroom? Btw, all the jucy stuff y'all been waiting for will DEFINITELY occur in the next chapter ;) Please review!!!!