- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Happy happy birthday to Michael Jackson and anyone born on this day!

#rememberhistime

#moonwalkersunite

#allaroundtheworldisayhb

I took the disc out of the box, it was marked:"1978 KEEP THE GOOD TIMES ROLLIN'-signed, Michael Joseph Jackson. I squinted my eyes at the disc. What the fuck was THAT supposed to mean? Ah, anyway, I turned on the tv and switched it to the DVD section of the tv.

Purple Rain was playing, so I took the disc out when Prince was performing. Even though I love prince, what with his adorable face and hair, I wanted to watch the Wiz for the first time. "Later," I whispered to the disc as I set it down. I slid the disc in and went back to the couch, sitting down from a hard days work in the kitchen. "Emily, can you get me that pan of cinnamon rolls?"

No answer.

"Emily?" The movie started to the start screen, and it had a unusual greenish glare to it. I shrugged and thought it was nothing as I leaned back into the couch.

"Melanie! The storm! It's coming!" I looked at the door, "What?" I yelled back. No answer. "WHAT?!?" I yelled louder, no response. At that time, I felt scared. So to ease myself, I pressed the start button and started the movie. It started with a greenish brown brick wall with a distorted sound playing behind it. I then eased into the couch again and rest my hands on the arm rest.

A loud thunderclap played it's rumble outside, and it shook the house violently. I almost fell out of the couch. The movie started to skip, and it paused right as they took the turkey out of the oven. "What's going on?!" I held onto the couch. Then, it stopped. I panted, what the heck was that?!

I got up, and looked around. "Mama?" Then, I realized. The storm, it's coming, it all made perfect sense. I got up and tried to move, but the storm came back and shook the house senseless, wind blowing against the windows. I fell on the ground and hit my head. "MAMA!!!" I screamed as I got back up again. Then the weirdest thing happens, the window smashed against my head and knocked me to the edge of the tv. Making a small bust in my head.

I groaned as I rolled over to the floor in pain, ah! My aching head! I held it so tightly to my head and rubbed it slowly. As I removed my hand from my head, I saw blood trickle slowly down upon my arm. I looked around the room, and everything was flying out of it. I screamed as my vase filled with flowers flew over my head and out of the window. Then I looked at the tv, which green glare was taking over the screen, and it flown towards my head.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I screamed as I used my arms to shield myself.

Then...Darkness.

..For about 12 minutes, then I heard giggling and laughing. I blinked my eyes twice. "Huh?" I looked around. "Mama? Where-where are you mama?" I winced in pain as I held my head. My eyes slowly turned to the people in a circle around me.

"Aaaah! Who the hell are you?" I screamed, holding my knees to my chest. They jumped back at my sudden language. "Why, we're the Munchkins!" The tall one said.

"Haven't you ever heard of them?"

"We the coolest cats on the block, Honey."

"You don't look like cats to me!" I said."Nor Munchkins."

"Why not?"

"Your not chubby, and cute, and short, your not wearing clothes that make you look like dollies in a toychest. Where's the mayor or Glinda for god's sakes?"

"What type of Munchkins are those?"

"Those sound like people that have cornfed cheeks and silky smooth skin."

"THEY WERE PEOPLE THAT HAD CORNFED CHEEKS AND SILKY SMOOTH SKIN!" I felt the sand around me. Wha-where AM I?

"Glinda? Oh, Glinda's the witch of the north. She's a star, Miss one likes to say. But you can almost never reach her."

"Miss One? Who's Miss One?"I asked them. "Right here, my sweet lucky 12!" Everyone turned to see her and crowded around the poor small black woman. Now she looked like a munchkin, a bit tall, but still. I got up, dusting the sand off of my skirt.

"Ah, I have tons of number-related things to say to you little digits, but first I must thank the stranger in lilac."

"Me?" I pointed to myself. And she nodded vigoriously."Of course! You are the one they call...?"

"Melanie Janis Matthews." I responded.

"Right! And you were the little positive digit who landed the TV box on this witch's head, knocking her out and killing her. And we must thank you a bunch for that, sweetheart!" I shook my head. "I didn't kill nobody. I never killed anything!"

"Not even a joke, a good story, time?" One munchkin asked me.

"Never. Not even a bug."

"Well," she started,"You did kill the witch! Good job, My numerator to my denom-"

I started to sob like a baby. I killed someone, why? "Honey, there's no reason to cry! She was a terrible witch! A witch who put my Munchkins into bondage by graffiti. We were stuck, but when you came down you freed them! And I give you inumerable blessings for that, Melanie."

I wiped my tears from my eyes. "Where am I though? How can I get home? I wanna go home! Please take me home! Do I click my heels? That's how they did it in the old movie."

"What movie?"

"Isn't this a adaption of the Wizard of Oz?"

She looked around confused."This is a movie?" She whispered to the others.

"Well, to me it is. And in the old movie, the barbie girl in pink told Dorothy she could go home by clicking her heels."

"OHH! I almost forgot, your gift for justice." She pointed to the silver shoes, and soon they were on my feet, but they looked like silver painted glass slippers, and even felt like them. "I don't want these, I just wanna go home, to Mama. To my era!"

"Hmm?"

"5135 Kensington Avenue."

"Oh! 513, you want to try a few more numbers honey? I got a great deal-"

"WILL YOU PLEASE JUST TELL ME HOW TO GET THE FUCK BACK HOME?!"

"Whoa, calm those negative integers. If you want to go back home so badly, I'll let you in on this, No: Me, Or Glinda. No Evilene because, well, you know, she's the worst! She'll probably divide you into different decimals! So you might wanna check in with The Wiz."

"Hmm? What's a wiz?"

"What's a, A wiz? The wiz is the head honcho, the main man, the common denomanator! Bottom line honey, Numero UNO!!"

I smiled at her sudden enthusiasm. "Well, who is he? Where can I find him?"

"Well, that's in this little number, Honey..

Sweet thing, let me tell you bout,

The world and the way things are now,

You've come from "Outside the screen"

And I know you traveled far out.

Now that you told me what it is..

(Na na na na na!)

I better point ya towards, the wiz!

(He's the wizard!)

He's the man

He's the only one who can give your wish right to ya,

He can send ya back in time,

By running magic through ya!

All of the super powers are his,

(Na na na na na!)

Listen and I'll tell you were he is..

He's the wizard he lives in oz..

There's a way to emerald city,

That ain't to far, is it?

(He's the wizard!)

Just take your dilemma child,

And lay it on the wizard

He'll fix you a drink that will bubble and foam!

And in a flash,

You will be hoooome!

He's the wiz

He's the wizard of oz,

He's got magic up his sleeve,

And you know that without his help, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to leave!

Fantastic powers at his command

(Na na na na na!)

And I'm sure, he'll understand!

He's the wiz and he lives In OZ!!" She stepped back to let the Munchkins dance in front of us. They would work well in the step up movies.

"Sweet thing, Let me tell you about, the world and the way things are now,

You wanna get out the game,

And ya know the wizard cares now,

Now listen, I'll point you towards the wiz!

He's the wiz,

Fantastic powers at his command,

(Na na na na na!)

And I'm sure he'll understand!"

She stepped back and shoved me towards the Munchkins, who were leaving out of the playground we were in.

One guy swung me in his arms and kissed my nose.

"Sweet thing let me tell you about,

The world and the way things are now,

You know your in "The Wiz"

And we know you traveled far out!

Now that you told us what it is

(Na na na na na!)

We'd better point you towards the wiiiz!

Da da da da da da da da dum!

HE'S THE WIZ!!" He tossed me out on the road and the all pointed towards my way. "So, you good, sweetheart?"

"Uh, I'm still sorta confused-"

"Remember to stay out of the poppies and do not go off the road, okay?" She said as she gathered all the munchkins up. "Wait, hold it, what happens if I don't-"

No answer.

"WHICH ONE?! WHERE DO I FUC-" I breathed in through my teeth. Still trying to process all of this. I looked around. "Which one? Which one? WHICH ONE?!" I said, my voice echoed through the three halls.

Chapter End Notes:

What did you think about this chapter, Oh and, the scarecrow's coming in the next chapter!