- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope you enjoy this lil funny chapter :)

When Lisa Marie awoke that morning, late that afternoon, she was surprised to find the other half of the bed empty. "M-Mike?" She quickly frowned at the extreme raspy tone of her voice. It actually HURT to talk. 'Damn, he wasn't playing around when he said he'd have me screaming out his name!' She thought as the bedroom door swung open followed by her husband walking inside, a plate of food in his hands. "Well good morning Mrs. Jackson" he said, setting the food down on a tray before giving her a kiss on the lips. Lisa nodded. "Morning" "Damn! What the hell happened to your voice Lise?! Oh that's right, it was from me...." Michael smirked and she threw a pillow at him. "Ow! What? I'm just stating the facts!" Lisa immediately dug into the food making him chuckle. "Well somebody's hungry this morning! How'd you sleep?" "Great! You?" Michael had to wince a bit at Lisa's voice. He had no idea it sounded THAT bad. "Honey, we've gotta get you some tea for your voice. I can barely understand you. I mean, I know you were vocal last nite and all but daaamn" Lisa blushed slightly. "Well it's not my fault you went all buck wild on me last night!" She joked, taking a sip of her orange juice. Michael pretended to fake a pout, placing a hand on his bare chest. "Excuse me? Dear, you KNOW how crazy I get sometimes when I'm in the mood! I can't control all this love I've got bottled up inside for you..." Lisa had to laugh at that. "Jackson you're something else!" She joked, throwing a piece of strawberry at him. "So what do you wanna do today pretty lady? Are Riley and Benji still with auntie Jan?" He asked, leaning back, resting his head against the headboard as he popped a strawberry in his mouth. Lisa nodded. "Yeah. She said she'll stop by later and drop them off. They're having a blast there, though. They may never wanna leave!" Lisa got more comfortable on the bed, laying her head on her husband's shoulder. "Michael?" "Yeah?" "Last night...." she didn't finish her sentence. "Yeah, what about it?" Suddenly Michael got quiet, his insecurities getting the best of him. "Was I, was I bad?" "What?! No, no of course not!" Lisa laughed, reassuring him. He let out a sigh of relief. "Then what's up?" "Its about our baby....our baby kicked last night, while you were still in the hospital" Michael sat straight up. He looked over at his wife, his brown eyes wide. "W-What?" He let out a shaky breath before burying his face in his hands. "Our baby kicked last night and I m-missed it!" He managed to choke out. It didn't take long for Lisa to realize he was crying. "Hey, hey it's alright baby" she tried to calm him down but it didn't help that her voice was fading in and out due to being so hoarse. Michael lifted his head up, looking at her through his tears. "I should've been here with you instead of in that stupid hospital...." "But you're here with me now, honey. That's all that matters. I'm sure the baby will kick again sometime!" She joked but he didn't smile. This really upset him that he wasn't there to witness it the first time. "How did it feel?" He asked catching her off guard. "How'd what feel?" "The baby's kicking. How did it feel?" Lisa thought for a moment. "To be honest, it was the greatest feeling in the world. I can't really describe it in words...." Michael then lifted up the grey shirt Lisa wore, placing his hands on her belly. "I promise Daddy will be here the next time you kick" he leanined in, placing sweet kisses on her skin, making her tingle with excitement. Was it wrong that she wanted him AGAIN? This wasn't healthy....It seemed like she literally craved her husband day and night. "So I was thinking about maybe inviting some of the family over for a cookout later on this evening if that's alright with you? I also wanted to  invite my dad and your mom because they need to stop acting like toddlers and get over their hatred they have towards me....I was also thinking about making some food too...." Lisa had completely zoned out once Michael had started talking, her green eyes focused on the black mesh of wild curls on his head, followed by his dark bedroom almond shaped eyes, his broad pale shoulders and chest, finally settling on his full lips. Without thinking, she licked her own as she released out a sigh. "Lise? Earth to Lisa Marie?" He called out, snapping her out of her daze. "H-Huh?" Michael chuckled. "Girl, were you even listening to me?" Lisa nodded. "Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" "What did I just ask you then?" Lisa thought for a minute. Was this a trick question? "Is this a trick question?" She asked. Michael laughed loudly, playfully hitting her thigh. "I asked whether it was alright for me to either cook collard greens or make my exploso burritos for the cookout since I wanna help make a dish" Lisa frowned. "Mike, you can't make those burritos. If you do, everyone will be in the bathroom for like 35/45 minutes....I don't have enough cans of air freshener for that" Michael giggled. "But they're my speciality!" It was true. Michael normally wasn't all that great of a cook, but whenever he would cook, his specialty 'Exploso Burrtios' always were extremely delicious. The first time he made them for Lisa Marie, it took almost an hour for her to resurface from the bathroom, not because they were bad, but because Michael literally liked to load them up with all kinds of different spices. Mexican food was always his favorite as well as one of his weaknesses . "Yeah, your right. I don't want my house to be stankin. I think making the collard greens would be a better choice" "Exactly, that's what I'm saying!" Lisa joked. Michael gave her an unamused look. "Ooooh I could always make some desert too! Like chocolate chip cookies or cupcakes or some good old peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream....That's it, it's settled, I'm making the cobbler" Michael then got up from the bed, putting on a pair of red sweats with a green t shirt. "Where you goin Christmas?" Lisa joked, also getting up out of bed. Looking down at his clothes, Michael smiled. His wife got jokes huh? "Haha very funny. And I'm going to get started on making the cobbler. I wanna at least be done by the time the fam shows up" "What time are they coming?" "Around 1:30ish" Lisa looked down at her gold watch. "Michael it's 1:00! How in the hell you gonna make peach cobbler in 30 minutes?!" "That's exactly what I'm saying!" Michael used the same choice of words she had said to him earlier, causing her to laugh. "Well, I guess this means I gotta help you right?" "Aw, baby You don't even have to ask!" Michael did a little victory dance. Lisa shook her head at him, glancing down at her belly. "You see how crazy your daddy acts?" She said out loud. "Yeah, Daddy may be crazy but hey, it ain't too bad at aaaaalll cuz I'm livin off the waaaall" Michael sang as he literally moonwalked out of the bedroom, nearly tripping over something in the doorway. Once again, Lisa shook her head as she closed their bedroom door and  followed him down the stairs. It was moments like these when she realized how utterly greatful she was to have a wonderful man like Michael for a husband and why she loved him so much.

Chapter End Notes:

They're too much!! Michael was so upset cuz he missed out on the baby's kicking aww Do Y'all think it'll be a good idea for Michael to invite Joesph AND Priscilla over for the cookout? Man, now I really want some peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream too lol Please review!!