- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

"All a girl ever wants is a savior, a hero, to come and save her. And to be able to be the same for him."

-Moi

Michael

            I weaved my way through the crowded dance floor and went straight upstairs. Bedroom after bedroom was occupied, but it was easy to find Grant, considering he had his friends guarding the doorway. I walk up to them with a smile.

            "Hi there gentlemen, do you mind if I go in? Grant kind of wanted to speak with me about something" I say, using every polite bone in my body not to laugh at their reaction. I guess no one's called them a gentleman before.

            "Uh yeah, sure, go ahead" the one with the beanie-like hat says, accompanied with several nods. The other one is much more graceful, and opens the door. I give him a ‘thank you' nod before I enter.

            I stop immediately at the sight. A pungent feel of awkwardness filled the room. My eyes widen in horror at what I was seeing. Grant's iPhone was playing some song list that I didn't recognize. The room was very dim, but had enough light to make out everything. The room felt sticky, but smelled sweet. The scary part however, wasn't the atmosphere.

            Grant and I were staring at each other, leveling each other up. He was on top of her still pumping in and out of her in cohesive body. Skeeter was passed out on the bed, her seemingly lifeless body hanging limply on the side. As I regain my composure, I snap my head away for a few seconds. I can feel him pull out and come towards me.

            "If anyone finds out about this, I'll kill you."

 

            It wasn't long before we were in the hospital.

            "Oh, my goodness Michael, thank you!" Mrs. Ramsey says for the fifth time. I just smile in response. 

            "Mrs. Ramsey?" a nurse asks, waving her in the room. That leaves me and Katie outside. She was distracted texting.

            "How are you so calm? I ask, turning towards her. She looks up at me for a moment then answer.

            "I all ready know she'll be fine, I mean she's my sister. My question is how you are so calm?" she retorts, smirking. She got me with that one, considering I would've never thought of that.

            "I should call my brother."

            "Yeah, you do that" she says with a wink. I can totally see how their related. I dial for Jermaine.

            "What up little bro?" I cringe.

            "Really, little bro?"

            "What do you want, I was in the middle of something" he says with exasperation.

            "I need you to pick me up."

             "Oh, okay, from where?" I prepare for his reaction. "The hospital."

            "The WHAT?"

"It's a long story I'll be happy to tell you when you pick me up."

"Or you can tell me right now." I roll my eyes.

"Just pick me up, Erms." I hang up and find Katie staring at me. "What?"

"You're funny."

"Girl, shut your nosy ass up." She giggles, bringing her attention back to her phone.

"Mr. Jackson, Ms. Ramsey is asking for you" the same nurse says. I nod in response. That's funny; she looks so much like Kris.

I waltz into the room quietly, not wanting to disturb. I see Skeeter laying there; awake at the least, holding her mother's hand.

"How are you feeling?" I ask meekly.

"Fine, are you okay?" she asks, making me laugh.

"You the one in a hospital bed!" She laughs, shaking her head.

"Momma, can I talk with Michael?" she hints, her mother understanding. "Of course."

She waits for her mother to close the door behind her, and then stares me down. I give her the same stare and she turns away.

"What now? Where do we go from here?" I ask her. She gives me a side smile.

"Where dooo we gooo, from heeerrree! Fooollow the tracks, of my teeeaaarrss!" Skeeter sings out.

"Skeeter, this is not the time for Alicia Keys!" I admonish.

"But Michael, it's always a good time for Alicia Keys" she responds, obviously trying to change topics.

"You can sing Where Do We Go From Here later. Right now, however, we need to figure out what to do about Grant" I suggest, receiving a frown from Skeeter. I plop myself on the side of the bed, raising both eyebrows.

"You don't have to worry about it; I'll just call the police, Michael." I can feel myself inhale sharply and quickly grab something.

"Michael, are you okay? Do I need to call a nurse?" I can faintly hear her ask.

"No, I'm fine, just fine" I say, easing up slowly, regaining lost balance. She grabs my hand.

"Michael..."

"Sorry, it's just that Grant threatened to kill me if I tell any soul what happened" Skeeter narrowed her eyes in thought.

"He threatened YOU, not me." I scoff.

"Well then..."

"Michael, I have to report this. This is a serious felony Michael."

"I just don't know Ski; you don't know what Grant's capable of."

"Trust me I do." We would've continued if an officer hadn't entered the room.

"Hello Ms. Ramsey, I'm Officer Kristina Addams. I need to speak with you about events that occurred at the Mackentire residents this evening" the female cop says in an authorative tone.

"Yes, of course" Skeeter responds, signaling me to leave.

So I do. But I would swear on my life, that the po-po looked way to much like my shrink.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Gotta hurry, tornado watch! Review!