- Text Size +

The kiss was just as I expected. He held me close by my arms and I never wanted it to end. Pulling away he sat there and stared at me which confused me. He looked as if he was expecting something and then he said, "Move" pushing me out of his way. What was his problem? One second he acts as if he was head over heels for me and then the next second he's treating me as if he doesn't like me. "Bye" I said walking in the opposite direction, my heart sunk as I walked away. "Are you mad?" he asked running behind me still shirtless. "Bye Michael" I said a little louder not slowing down to have a stupid conversation with him. "What did I do?" he asked stepping in front of me, I stared at the wall waiting for him to move. "Nothing's wrong I just have to go get ready for the party", I said finally looking him in his eyes. He didn't believe it and I was telling a lie but he let it go and walked back to the bathroom. Walking out I couldn't help but feel like crap, he was playing mind games which I hate. I also hated myself for kissing him, I mean he act like it didn't mean anything. Why do I care so much?

Getting ready for the party I decided to straighten my hair. I also cut it the length of my upper neck. It was just something I've wanted to do for a long time but never got to it. Cutting my hair was something that I did every other year but when my mom died I never did it again. I put on a small fedora hat that was grey and I had pearls as accessories for moth my wrists and necklace. My shirt was baggy but short and I had on jean shorts that were pretty high. I wore a different pair of sandals that were the same color as my hat and I felt confident. My dad peeked his head in being nosey and his eyes widened. "Honey you look great, and look at your hair" I blushed at his compliments still not completely sure whether I should wear it or not. Before I could decide I heard Aleli honk the horn outside. My dad gave me two thumbs up before going to his room and I was on my way. I was curious as to who would be in the car. Aleli's boyfriend Eric was driving and she said she was picking up Michael on the way. "Oh hot mama I love your hair" Aleli yelled out of the window making me smile from ear to ear. Getting in the car Eric looked over at me and said, "Ay Mommy" which made me laugh even more because he was usually really quite. It was strange seeing them together because they were complete opposite. "Watch it Eric we don't want someone to get smacked." Aleli knew she was lighting the flame but she always messed with him. They bickered for a while but I didn't pay attention, I drowned their voices out. The car came to a stop and Michael and Gabrielle got in having an oh so awkward conversation. "I still don't see why you don't want to come over after the party, are you gay?" She asked as if this was a normal conversation. Aleli looked at me through the rear view mirror and I tried not to laugh. "Ok I'm tired of trying to be nice so I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't like you I never had; you were my back up plan when my first plan never carried out. So no I don't want to have sex with you" Michael responded coldly turning his attention toward me. "Sexy" he said in a low voice looking at me up and down and then his gaze settled on my lips. I turned my head towards the window trying not to blush. Gabriella rolled her eyes and I guess she was fed up. "Look okay I'm not a backup plan; I had five guys dying to go to the party with me. Eric stop the car" she ordered like a little princess with her arms crossed. He stopped on the side of the road and Michael let her out. When he got back in, his gaze went back towards me as he bit his bottom lip. "We're gonna stop and get Jermaine, Arryn, and Lorry so go all the way to the back" Eric said stopping the car in front of Arryn's house. It was a minivan so it had three rows. "After you" Michael said getting out so that I could move to the last rough. "Hey Yahara girl" I heard Arryn say while her and Lorry got in. Lorry was pretty quite so she just waved and turned around. When Michael sat beside me he sat pretty close and his hand rested on my knee. I looked out of the window pretending as if I didn't notice it. That was pretty hard seeing that he started to gradually move his hand to my inner thigh. Which I figured I'd let him get away with it. His hand started to gradually move up and I snapped my legs shut looking over at him. He was biting his lip looking down at my thighs. "Are you trying to molest me?" I asked whispering to him. "He smiled still not looking up and said, "well that's one way of putting it". I knocked his hand away and looked to see if anyone was looking. "I can't wait to get a drink" Michael said out loud looking at Aleli with a smile. "Right it's been forever" she said looking back at him. "You're gonna drink?" I asked looking at both Michael and Aleli. "It’s fine Yahara just relax okay Eric doesn't drink we're fine." Little did I know? We walked in and immediately the group went to get drinks. “You want something?” Michael asked before leaving as well. I nodded my head no and stood there alone. Ryan walked up with his girlfriend Mia and introduced us. Mia seemed a bit too happy; she was the type of person that was optimistic about everything. We talked for hours and I was really starting to like her. “Uh not to interrupt your conversation but your crew is pissy drunk and they’re drawing attention.” I rolled my eyes at this information because I knew it would be difficult being around so many drunk people. Pushing through the crowd I got occasional butt smacks which pissed me off. Getting close to the kitchen I heard Aleli’s big mouth say. “Don’t touch it!” Walking into the room I saw Michael trying to touch her forehead which I absolutely didn’t get. Eric was laughing with a cup in his hand, but thank goodness it was only sprite. By the end of the party everyone was drunker, and dumber. Erin and I were probably the only sober ones in the group. “Okay let’s stop bull shitting and go”, Aleli said in a slushy voice. Everyone got into the car and was ready to go, except for Michael. We couldn’t find him but I offered to go look. Walking back in the house there was nothing much to look at. Other then empty cups and drunk people. Walking back outside to tell them my report, the car was gone and Michael was sitting on the porch. “Where did they go?” I asked nervously, still trying to keep my cool. “Oh I told them to go on and we’d just walk. I know the way” He got up and started walking towards the street. “Michael you’re drunk and I don’t trust your sense of direction right about now.” I said this following close behind. “Can I stay at your house?” He asked looking back. “Uh no I’m not like that”, his comment made me kind of angry. “No it’s not that, my mom well she isn’t perfect and last night something happened. I just don’t want to go back” his expression changed as this was said. Feeling bad I responded, “I can’t believe I’m saying this but you can stay the night, we’ll just have to be extra quite because my dad is home.” He gave me a big smile and I knew sneaking him in my house was wrong, but I didn’t wnt him walking around drunk. “You don’t know how much this means to me” he said in a soft thoughtful tone. I had a feeling this would be a long night.