- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

new chapter yaayyyy!! :D hope you enjoy this one! more to come!

Alright Michael, here we go.

The band began to play as rich music began to flood into my ears, I trotted around the stage as a warm up, The dancers watched me eagerly as their idol was literally dancing right before them.

After a few mic tests and stretches, I called out into the mic to the tiny audience below that only consisted of my children, Bush, Karen and Kenny.

“ladies and gentlemen! And Blanket” I winked at him who was hiding behind Karen “we shall start off with one of my favorites, They Don’t Care About Us”

“lets go!” I cried out, holding up my hand in cue. The band began to play the song in such a wonderful manner as I began to start the dance routine. Hope I wont screw up or miss a step.

The widescreen behind me lit up in millions of similar clones of soldiers dressed in dark armor with a wonderful background shining past them as they copied our movements.

I ended up smiling like an idiot seeing my children’s eyes light up with the wonderful effects. With a soft giggle, I began to sing.

‘ Skin head, dead head
Everybody gone bad
Situation, aggravation
Everybody allegation
In the suite, on the news
Everybody dog food
Bang bang, shot dead
Everybody's gone mad
All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us’

That’s when I realized that I may have skipped an entire chorus when I sang the next lyrics. But heck, who cares! its just rehearsal... right?

‘Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible because you ignore me?
Your proclamation promised me free liberty, now
I'm tired of bein' the victim of shame
They're throwing me in a class with a bad name
I can't believe this is the land from which I came’

After we have busted out a few more moves, the guitarist Orianthi broke out in a solo, I ran over to her and tried to improvise. Why was this so hard performing infront of my children?

Pointing up randomly, part of the speech of Martin Luther King JR played as we sang "everyday create your history" before marching back to the front of the stage.

‘Some things in life they just don't wanna see
But if Martin Luther was livin'
He wouldn't let this be, no, no’

That’s when I began to trot about the place again, improvising and mentally informing myself not to excerpt all my energy into this one performance.

We finally ended with the beginning of "She drives Me Wild” as the lights went down. Exhausted, I closed my eyes as Kenny chirped into the microphone “hold for applause, hold for applause, slow umbrella, fade out” he called to the lighting crew who did the exact same thing as ordered.

As the umbrella came, I opened my eyes a little and gave a big smile, satisfied with myself.

My smile didn’t last for long.

The stage remained strangely dark as the lighting crew was supposed to illuminate it. I felt a pang in my chest. Oh not a technical difficulty now, not infront of my children.

I forced out a smile as the dancers and the band around me began to mutter to each other confused. I waved my arms in the slight darkness, giggling. “whoa whoa, technical difficulties!” I chirped, trying not to sound annoyed “happens all the time eh?”

Turning around on my heels, I gave everyone a sharp look "Alright guys, what happened?" I asked, sounding impatient. They all shrugged

"it must be a little problem with the lights. ill go-" Kenny said before his voice was suddenly muffled by loud bang.

Everyone cried out in horror, but no one moved from their spots. The murmuring behind me got a little louder, sounding worrisome. Looking from across the stage, I could see Karen holding my children in her arms, speaking to them in a hushed tone to calm them down. Kenny furiously tapped on his microphone, only to see that it has stopped working. Suddenly the whole room went pitch black.

Then there were screams. Karen! I moved around on stage like a newborn kitten, arms out in front of me, taking cautious steps just in case I reached the end of the stage and went plummeting.

Along with the scream was the sound of the band’s instruments clattering to the ground, more screams erupted from the darkness as I cried out to the others. But they were all muffled.

Their screams were then joined in by the one I most dreaded. “DADDY!!!!” It was Paris.

“PARIS!!! PARIS IM COMING!!!!” I roared , tears stung my eyes as I ran helplessly across the stage, trying to find the stairs. It was no use.

Another sound came creeping through the darkness, it sounded like something was spewing…. Gas?

Oh My God

“ PARIS!!!” I cried, continuing to run. Suddenly a few lights flickered on, I looked around frantically. Sweat made my curls cling to my forehead as I realized that the whole stage was deserted. You have got to be kidding me.

There wasn’t enough light to see across the stage, the whole arena was shrouded in darkness but me.

That’s when the speakers exploded in an earsplitting hum. Sparks flew like crazed bolts as I collapsed to the floor, covering my ears in agony.

“P-Paris” I croaked. A strange misty gas began to float all around me, every breath I took it made my lungs burn terribly. It was getting thicker as my voice was only becoming nothing but strangled gasps.

Then someone grabbed me.

I thought it was one of the dancers or the bodyguards coming for me, but it was not what I have expected. It was hard to remember what I have seen but I believed that It was a man looking awfully familiar to those clones on the widescreen, he was wearing a gas mask, concealing his face as he roughly pulled me off of the floor and began to gag me.

I tried to fight back, struggling and flailing my skeletal body until I was pinned down by more men in masks. My wrists were bound tightly together and there was a sharp pain to my shoulder.

My eyes fluttered close as the medicine took over. One word stood out in my mind than anything else in the world.

Ambush.
Chapter End Notes:

Beware my readers, for the next couple of chapters may be extremly terrifying and might make you queasy. You will see Michael like you have never seen him before.

Trust me. ;)