- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Good Evening Contestants....

OK that was weird I admit it.

Make sure to review not only for tomorrows update, but so i know how this flashback went (BTW I can take criticism)

:3

Seventeen Years Ago

Thriller Era

(Michael)

 

          I sat nervously on the living room couch. I'm in my parents' house to talk to them about the news. I try to mentally prepare myself. Oh god, Joseph's going to have a field day with this. I smirk. The man's so damn predictable. I wish I could just be a little bit more, shielded around him, and then maybe he wouldn't hurt me so much.

          I shake the thought away. I need to focus. I turn to my side to Genevieve next to me. I smile graciously at her. She returns it. Thank god she's here, or things would be worse. I take her hand into mine and squeeze it, more for my benefit if anything.

          "Michael..." she says worriedly. I turn towards her, still holding her hand.

          "Are you okay?" I sigh. No I wasn't, but she doesn't need to know that. She has bigger problems.

          "I'm wonderful, really." She shakes her head in disbelief. The ‘rents came in soon after. My father and-shit! My mother, I forgot about her, surprisingly! Oh, she's going to be so disappointed! And then they'll ask questions and oh my!

          "Why, hello Ginny, how nice to see you!" my mother sings, well not really sings, but says. Everything my mother does is beautiful to me.

          "Hello Mrs. Jackson, Mr. Jackson." I breathe in and out to brace myself.

          "So what brings you by?" my parents were sitting on the couch across from us. I squirm a bit.

          "Um, actually, um, me and, um, Ginny have some, uh, news to, um, tell you?" I stuttered. I inwardly groan. I speak better than.

          "Boy, stop that stutterin'. You speak better than that." I mentally roll my eyes while Mother scolds Joseph.

          "Now, what did you want to tell?" Mother asks brightly. I sigh and glance Genevieve. It's my parents, therefore, my news.

          "Well?"

          "Well, Mother, Joseph" I say, gesturing towards them, "Genevieve's pregnant with my child?" Why do I keep squeaking!

          The room was quiet. My beloved mother was in a state of shock. My father's shock has simultaneously turned into anger. I gripped the couch cushioning fearfully. Joseph gets up out of his seat, walks over and slaps me. I immediately hold my cheek in shock.

          "Boy, what have I told you! How dare you, come in here, in my house and disgrace my family. Have I taught you anything?" he yells, seething. I am still in a state of shock, as well as Genevieve, cowering next to me.

          Mother has already left the room, so I looked into my lap.

          "That, child is being aborted. Or else, don't even think of walking into this house again." I open my mouth to speak, but he stops me. "Today."

          "Actually, Mr. Jackson, I'm three months in, so I can't get an abortion." We both look at her. I mouth to her if that true, she shrugs in response.

          My mother peeks out from the other room, shell-shocked. She walks up to me, moving a fuming Joseph out of the way. She looked teary and it broke me.

          "Why Michael? Why did you disobey Jehovah? Why?" I had to swallow down the urge to cry.

          "I don't know" I say in a strained voice. She shakes her head and disappointment and leaves. Joseph's the only one left. "Today Michael." He then leaves the room. I stay there in shock for a moment, and then turn towards Genevieve.

          "What now?" she narrows her eyes.

          "Well, I'm not getting an abortion" she says lowly. I smile. "Good."

          "Do you know why?" I look up from my hands. "Why?" She smiles.

          "This child in here" she says, patting her belly, "Is special, I can just feel it." I wrap her in a hug and think. I finally come to a conclusion.

 

          I can feel it too.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

1 Review = 1 Dayly Update