- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi!

An update!  And it didn't take me a month!

MAke sure To Review!

Ella

         

          I'm running when I smash into a blonde teenager.

"Hey, watch where you're going, punk. Wait- Ella?"

I look up to see a blonde version of myself staring down at myself. Blonde Ella was dressed in a flowy, yellow sundress and gold sandals. She had on a sunflower hippie-band.

"Ella?!"

"India?!"

 

"What are you doing?" India inquires, raising a judging eyebrow. Words are caught in my throat as I try to respond. So I do the next thing I could think of.

I run.

I run and keep running with my half sisters latte in hand, all the way back to my bike. I hear India following, but I know I have the advantage with her in sandals. I put the latte in the front holder, hop on the bike and ride away.

I keep pedaling until I get home, my legs burning from the sudden exercise. I return the bike and head inside. As I walk through the wood-clad hallways, I check the clock. I've been gone for three hours.

"Ella? Is that you?" I hear Michael ask from the kitchen. I walk through the doorframe to be tackled by him.

"Oh Ella! You had me worried!" he says warmly, nuzzling into my shoulder. I returned the warm embrace.

"I was only gone for three hours. I picked up some Starbucks and checked out some of the shopping centers" I say simply, handing Paris her drink. She thanks me then sits.

Michael gives me a look of skeptism. "No, you were in trouble. I could feel it."

I give him a look, but he waves it away.

"It's been like that since you were born. I could always tell when you were in trouble, but could never help you. But now I can, so tell me what's wrong" he states, letting me go to fold his arms. My mouth opens a bit and he smirks, nodding in confirmation.

I sigh, realizing there was no escape from questioning. I motion to the dumbwaiter and he nods. I walk over to it, climb inside and drop down. When I get to the library, I send it back up. Michael follows soon after.

We walk over and sit where there is a table and to comfy chairs. When we settle, I fold my hands, take a breath and speak.

"Justin is no longer in jail."

I watch Michael visibly become defensive, almost like a cat.

"How do you know, Ella?"

"I spoke with him. I told him that I have forgiven him for his faults, there will never be an ‘us' and to leave me alone in general" I answer stoically. Michael's features become even more cat-like. His face and eyes even start to resemble an agitated cat. I rest my hand on his.

"I am fine Mi-I mean, father. I believe it'd be best if we just filed a restraining order" I say kindly. He nods slowly, still in cat mode. Then his face breaks out into a grin.

"A Cheshire cat."

"Wait, what?" he asks, frowning in confusion. I purse my lips. I said that out loud, didn't I?

  "Yes you did?" Michael answers with a giggle. I slap my forehead before changing the subject.

"You know, I ran into my sister while I was there." This seems to hold Michael's interest.

"Really? What did she say?" I snort.

"I don't know. As soon as we recognized each other, I ran." Michael laughs that beautiful laugh of his.

"That's a coincidence" he says thoughtfully. I shoot him a confused look.

"Your mother called" he explains solemnly. I rise up my hand to keep him from continuing. I'm not in the mood to deal with this problem.

"Father, I'm tired. How about, you tell me how mother and you met, eh?" I ask, distracting him. He cocks an eyebrow, catching on, but continues on with me.

"Alright, well the story goes something a little like this..."

         

          Michael clutched his brown satchel tightly. He bore a navy, wool winter coat, dark jeans, and high tops, Nikes to be more specific. His hands were shaking badly and his Bambi brown eyes were wide. He looked outside his personal black car to see the University of California, Santa Barbara campus. It was huge, neat greenery covering the fields.

          Michael twisted his wrist nervously as the car slowed to a stop. He sighed, getting out of the car gingerly. He paid the driver and walked in.

          The university was quite vacant, with it being six in the morning. But Michael was new, and had a ton of things to situate before starting his first official class. He asks the front desk secretary for instructions, and he leads him down a black carpeted hallway into an average headmaster's office.

          The female headmaster sat patiently at her desk, her hands folded in front of her. The headmistress was quite old, wrinkles carefully set around her face. Her hair was perfectly white, appearing shiny against her tan skin.

          A young woman sat in front of her desk, leaving a chair. Her chestnut curls bounced as she whipped around. The headmistresses steel gray eyes settled on Michael carefully.

          "Well isn't this an honor? Hello ,Mr. Jackson, welcome to University of California, Santa Barbara. Take a seat so we can discuss your schedule" the Headmistress greeted. Michael nodded gratefully and sat down.

          "I am Headmistress Stone. This here is your schedule" Headmistress Stone started, sliding Michael his schedule. He takes it gratefully, nodding at her words.

          "This is Genevieve Yelich, one of my highest achieving pupils. She will be mentoring you in all your classes. You applied for high academic courses, correct?" Michael nodded, glancing at Genevieve. Genevieve stayed stone-faced.

          "Who would have guessed that Michael Jackson was such a high achieving student?" she said with a laugh. Michael smiled with her.

          "Thank you ma'am. Is that all you have to tell me?" Michael asked apprehensively, holding himself back a bit. The Headmistress nodded before letting out a joyous laugh.

          "So eager to learn! Genevieve, there's still an hour left before students start filing in. Could you please show Mr. Jackson around campus?" Genevieve nodded, rising out of the chair, waiting for Michael to follow. Michael gathered his papers and quickly followed Genevieve, walking through the door.

          Genevieve shut the door securely before shooting Michael a look.

          "What?" he asked innocently. She shrugged.

          "Mrs. Stone and I looked over your academic files. I would have never guessed you were so gifted" Genevieve stated simply. Michael blushed.

          "Thank you." Genevieve shrugged again, "No problem."

          The two students walked down the hallway and around the school, discussing things about classes and other items. Of course, there were awkward pauses and plenty of romance-like tension, neither student addressed it. At least until...

          "And here's our first period" Genevieve announced, leading Michael into the room. Michael followed easily, choosing a seat. Genevieve sat right next to him.

          "Hey Ginny--." Genevieve shot him a deadly look. He shrugged defiantly, receiving a sigh.

          "Yes Mika?" Michael shot her the same look and Genevieve shrugged the same shrug.

          "W-would y-you, uh, maybe, like, um, maybe, you and I--." Genevieve shushed Michael ending his embarrassment.

          "Sure, let's go out. Gypsy Rose Café after classes?" she asked bluntly, saving him the trouble. He blushed

          "Okay. Yeah, that sounds cool." Genevieve smiled and kissed his cheek right before the first student came in. The girl was blonde and shuffling in before clamping a hand on her mouth.

          "Y-you're Michael Jackson!" the girl shouted, running over. Michael laughed, getting ready for a day's worth of squeals.

 

          "So it was pretty much like that" Michael's voice breaks through my slumber. I giggle.

"Mom asked you out!" I say with amusement. Michael reddens and I laugh.

"Silly Daddy!" Michael looks down at me warmly.

"You dreamt about it?" he asks. I nod.

"Vividly" I answer with a yawn. He pets my head since I'm lying in his lap.

"Sleep, you are tired" he states. I nod, hugging on to him as I drift into slumber.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Review!