- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Michael finds Sage practicing her dance moves...

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you, my fellow MJ fans.. :)

Taking a deep breath and then letting it out, Sage headed over to the stereo sitting on a table in the studio. She lowered the volume on the stereo so that it was at the right level for her to hear the music, and then reached up to press the Play button.

As the instrumental version of the song Black or White began playing, Sage began moving her feet, her small hips, her legs… her whole body and self to the music. All the while, she kept in mind what Michael had told her mother Joanelle and herself about dancing one day while they were taking a break from shooting the short film for Black or White.

“Thinking is the biggest mistake a dancer can make. You must feel it. You must feel the music, let it take you over and become the visual embodiments of the instruments.”

As Sage began telling herself mentally to feel the music, she felt the music doing just that — taking over her and helping her become the visual embodiments of the instruments. In her case, it was the drums.

When the song came to an end, an all-too-familiar hand reached over and pressed the Stop button on the stereo. By that time, Sage had stopped her dancing and was standing there, her feet close together. A smile adorned her face, and her hands were at her sides.

“My, my, my, Sage… I didn’t know you were a good dancer.”

Sage turned around, and saw Michael standing there, leaning casually against the door frame of the studio. He was eyeing her with a smile on his face.

Sage smiled a little herself. “Uh, thanks, Michael. I guess maybe I am, and I didn’t even know it at first.” She then lifted one shoulder in a shrug almost as though to say Well, it could be true.”

Still, Sage had to admit, Michael was right in his observation about her.