- Text Size +
Story Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Michael spends a little time with Sage, the daughter of his friend Joanelle Romero. 

Feedback is very much appreciated, please... :)

Michael Jackson, 33, smiled as he bent his head a little and placed his lips in a kiss against five-year-old Sage Galesi’s cheek. “You did such a good job, Sage,” he said.

Although Sage was old enough to be in kindergarten, she had an intelligence in her that even Michael saw and liked. She giggled a little. “Thank you, Michael,” she said, giving him a hug, which he returned.

“You’re welcome, Sage,” Michael replied. A few moments passed before Michael bent his head a little to whisper in her ear. “Do you know what your first name means?”

Sage looked thoughtful for a moment. “I think it means ‘wise’ or ‘healthy’. Of course, in my case, I think it definitely means ‘wise’.” She turned to Michael. “Why do you ask?”

He smiled. “Because I think your name is a lovely one.”

Now it was Sage’s turn to grin a little herself. Now that she thought about it, maybe he had a point there. “Thanks for the compliment, Michael,” she replied. “And I couldn’t agree more there, too.”

Michael smiled and then whispered in her ear, “You look so beautiful, Sage.”

Feeling it was ridiculous at her age to blush, Sage smiled to herself. Seeing this, Michael took her hand in his (just as he had done with her in the short film for the song Black or White, which was from his album Dangerous) and kissed the back of it, as though she was a lady of high society, causing Sage to giggle a little.

“Oh, Michael,” she said, “you certainly know how to charm a girl.”

“Thank you, Sage,” Michael nodded in reply.