- Text Size +
Chapter 17
Lorna's Family

As mealtime approached, Michael had all his staff assembled in the living room, including his security. Even the children and Lorna were present as well. Since having their conversation a few hours prior, Michael had been contemplating how to inform his family of him and Lorna. He had decided it was also best to inform the staff. With Lorna being part of his life romantically, he wanted to be sure the staff would treat Lorna with up most respect, though they already did anyway, but he wanted to be sure they knew where she was now standing.

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “What’s going on?”

“Daddy has something important to tell us,” Paris answered for her father.

“Paris,” Michael said. “Blanket directed the question to me. Yes, Blanket as Paris just said, I do have something important to tell you all and it will change all our lives but for the better.”

Paris gave her father an apologetic nod before looking to Lorna to see what the woman had to say. The woman was silent but graced a smile.

“Thank you all for assembling,” Michael started. “What I have to say is important for everyone as it will affect everyone. For sometime now I have been hiding some true feelings.” He hated addressing his staff like this. He loved being up on stage in front of tons of fans, but he was never comfortable in making speeches.

“Which feelings are those?” Prince asked.

The staff knew better than to ask questions.

“That I am no longer lonely now,” he answered simply. “With Lorna being here has made a benefit impact on my life. One which I feel has been better appreciated in recent weeks.”

Kai and Debbie looked at each other. They had a good idea on what their employer was trying to get at, but they kept to themselves. They might have had their suspicions but it wasn’t their place to say anything and other staff members might not have seen.

Michael then held his hand out towards Lorna. She brightly smiled at his smile and walked over to him, taking his proffered hand. “My life has seemed to change and I do not want to go back the way it was,” he continued when she had a hold of his hand.

Paris’ eyes widened and her heart began to beat faster. Was she seeing correctly? Was her father about to tell something that she had a feeling was there? Prince and Blanket looked on with a little blank stare. They were not sure what was going on.

The security all gave a sigh of relief. Finally the two were letting their secret out and it was about time too. They did not know how much longer they could stand seeing the two only romantically cuddle in private. The other staff were a little oblivious to what was going on, though Chase held back a smile. She knew what was going on. She wasn’t stupid. She knew what she saw when they had returned from London. She had briefly seen the two holding each other and it was not no friendly embrace either. Once seeing the two close together as they were, she was able then put two and two together and realize the two were always disappearing together and then reappearing later.

Michael then pulled Lorna close to his side, wrapping his arm around her waist and looking lovingly at her. “Lorna and I have found each other in ways that is hard to describe.”

Paris gasped now knowing exactly what she thought she felt. “Daddy and Lorna are going out!” she blurted excitedly

Prince looked at his sister. “You mean…”

Paris turned to her brother. “They are boyfriend and girlfriend.”

Blanket looked at his older siblings and then to his father and good friend. “You mean kiss and everything?”

Lorna smiled at the children as Paris figured it out. Michael was also relieved too, he wasn’t sure how much more he could say without coming out and say it and he really didn’t want to say those words.

Paris turned to her little brother. “Yup!” she grinned.

Blanket gave a sour face and stuck his tongue out. “Yuck!” he blurted.

Lorna could not help but laugh at Blanket’s reaction. Michael even stifled a high pitch giggle. Lorna pulled out of his embrace to walk over to Blanket. “Don’t you like the idea of me being with your Daddy?” she asked the boy.

He looked at her. “Well…yeah, but not the kissing part. That’s gross.”

The security began to laugh a little at that. All little children usually hated seeing grown ups kiss.

Prince looked at his little brother. “Blanket, when you get older, that won’t bother you so much.”

“How’s this for a deal,” Lorna said. “Your Daddy and I will ‘try’ to contain kissing in front of you. Okay?”

The boy nodded. “Well if you kissing Daddy, means that you get to stay here forever. I guess, I could try to live with it. But don’t do it all the time!” he rushed out.

Michael shook his head. He couldn’t remember a time when he didn’t like seeing people kissing. He saw it a lot in his youth. “Blanket,” he tried.

Lorna stood up and looked at him. “Got to give a kid credit for voicing his opinion. It is a free country after all.”

Michael nodded and looked at his staff. “I wish to have Lorna treated like you always have and if she asks for something, you will get for her.”

The staff nodded their agreement.

Kai looked at her employer. “Mr. Jackson, will you be dining with the children tonight?”

“I will be,” he said. “Oh, I should also mention. Tomorrow we will be having some guests staying here. They are family to Lorna, you will treat them as you do to Lorna.”

“Who’s coming?” Blanket asked.

Lorna looked back at the boy. “My brother, his wife and four children. I haven’t seen them in years and one I’ve never met before. The kids are three, seven, nine and eleven.”

“Oh cool!” Paris blurted. “They are close to our ages.”

Lorna smiled. “They are. There are two boys and two girls. And depends on how things go, maybe they could bunk in with you guys to help save room. I have to see what my brother says when he gets here.”

“I can’t wait,” Prince exclaimed. “We get to meet family of Lorna’s. Lorna, the one who is my age, is it a guy?”

Lorna laughed a little. “Oh Prince,” she said with affection. Michael was about to say something when Lorna raised her hand at him not to. “Yes. His name is Dustin. And yes Paris before you ask. Lisa is close to your age. She turns ten next month. Alice is three and Noah is seven.”

“Really?” Blanket blinked. “So I could have a buddy too?”

“We’ll see,” Lorna explained. “Have to wait until they get here.”

Paris was about to say something when Grace interrupted. “Alright children,” she said. “Let’s get washed up for dinner. More questions can be for later.”

The staff then turned away to get back to what they were doing before, before leaving for the night. Lorna watched as Grace took the children to the nearest bathroom to get cleaned up. She then turned to Michael.

“It looks like Paris suspected,” Lorna said. “I had a feeling she did as she told me that I should go after to you and she did tell me that she wouldn’t mind if I went out with you.”

Michael raised an eyebrow. “Really?” he asked. “Why did you stop me from speaking to Prince. That wasn’t right of him to speak out like that about your nephew.”

“Michael, children will be children. And meeting new children their own age always excites them. I wish you had that opportunity to have experienced that, but then you wouldn’t be the man you are today.”

He nodded. “I do wish I had a better childhood, but I did love to sing and I still do.”

“I know you do and you know what you were one cute kid too,” she added as she walked up to him and leaned on his chest. “I’m just glad the children like the idea of us being together.”

He kissed her head. “You’re not the only one. Since leaving Debbie, I never thought I would ever find someone as nice as you.”

She smiled and looked at him. “Now to tell my brother and then…” she paused. “The rest of the world.”

“Are you sure you want to that?” he asked, referring to telling the public.

“Michael, the sooner we tell them and show them, the sooner those nasty ones will stop. Yes new ones will arise, but we can face them head on together.”

He smiled fondly at her. He slowly lowered her head when Debbie walked in. “Mr. Jackson, dinner is about to be…” she saw what they were about to do. “Served.”

Michael slightly cleared his throat as he lifted his head back up. Lorna leaned her forehead against his shoulder. The two were holding hands.

“We’ll be there in a moment,” Michael announced.

Debbie nodded and left the two alone.

Lorna lifted her head. “Well I better get washed up. I’ll see you in the dining room.” She was about to walk away when she was suddenly forced back. She was expecting it this time. Her arms were instantly around his neck, fingers twirling in his hair. The kiss wasn’t very long but it was enough for her to want more.

-

The next morning was a busy one. Everyone was busy getting ready for the arrival of Lorna’s brother, Luke. Near the appointed time of his arrival, Diane had Michael’s chauffeur drive her to the airport. She wasn’t waiting at the airport long when the plane arrived. Michael’s chauffeur waited with Lorna as the plane landed. The two had to wait a bit before Lorna was able to run up and give her brother a hug, after not seeing him for so long.

The two embraced tightly with his family standing there beside him.

“Oh Luke,” Lorna greeted. “It’s been too long.”

“It has,” he agreed.

Lorna got a good look at him. He was near six feet tall, probably even a little taller than Michael. He had brown hair like her but his was cut short and he had a moustache.

“Lorna, you remember my wife, Stacey.” Lorna looked at the woman who was near her height and had shoulder length red hair. Lorna could tell the hair was dyed.

Lorna smiled at Stacey and the children. “You guys are in for a treat,” she said. Lorna then turned to the man who was with her. “Can you bring the car around and we’ll meet you at the doors with their luggage?”

He nodded and left.

“Who is he?” Luke asked.

“Michael’s driver.”

“Speaking of him,” Stacey said. “Will I get to meet him?”

Lorna smiled. “Yes.”

The group left to go and get their luggage and once they did have it, they headed off towards the doors where the car was waiting. The group got into the car, with Lorna in the passenger seat. It was the first time she had sat in one since before meeting the King of Pop.

“Daddy,” the little boy said. “Where are we going?”

“That’s a good question,” Luke said. “Lor, where are we going? You said you had our accommodations worked out.”

“I do,” Lorna smiled. “It’s a surprise.”

They continued to drive until they came to a set of gates, which opened and allowed the car in. The car drove up to a large front door. Lorna got out, giving everyone the indication to get out as well.

“Where are we?” asked Stacey.

Luke snorted. He had a good idea. “Lor, I thought you were taking us the our hotel.”

“You guys are going to stay here,” Lorna grinned. “Stacey…” she started just as the front door opened, revealing Michael. “Welcome to the home of Michael Jackson.” Lorna gestured her arm towards the man in question.

Stacey’s jaw dropped as she stared at the man who walked outside. He did not have his umbrella. He knew he wasn’t going to be outside for long. Stacey’s knees began to feel weakened as she continued to stare at the singer. He walked up to her and gave her a friendly smile.

“I hear you are a fan of mine,” he spoke.

Stacey numbly nodded. “Uh huh,” was her only answer.

Lorna jabbed Stacey in the ribs. “Stacey, don’t be shy. He’s a really good friend of mine.”

“I…ah…ummm…” Lorna stuttered.

“It’s alright Mrs. McCall,” he said kindly. “Please, come into my home.”

Stacey then nearly fell over. Luckily Lorna was right there to catch her. Michael was about to react when Lorna beat him to it. At that moment Stacey realized what her sister-in-law had just said. They were staying at the house of the King of Pop.

“Stacey!” Lorna cried out.

“Just give me a minute,” Stacey breathed. She looked at her children and could see their concern. Alice looked like she was about to break into tears.

Just then Luke walked over and picked up his daughter. “It’s ok Alice. Mommy is just a little surprise. A happy surprise at that.”

“You sure?” the little girl asked.

Luke smiled and kissed his daughter. He then looked at Michael. The pictures he saw in the tabloids were nothing like he was in person. His face wasn’t falling off. He noted Michael was looking at him.

“I’m Michael,” he greeted as he held out his hand. Normally when he would introduce himself, he usually would use his full name, but he knew he didn’t have to this time. He wanted to make the people feel welcomed and to do that, he wanted the introductions to be informal as possible.

“Luke,” Lorna’s brother answered as he shook the singer’s hand. “My sister said she was taking us somewhere that was surprise but I wasn’t quite expecting to be coming here this quick.”

Michael turned to Lorna.

She shrugged. “What? Can’t I surprise my family? I did tell them I was taking care of their accommodations.”

Michael turned back to the man who was slightly taller than he was. “Please, come in. My children are doing their studies right now so we have some time before you meet them.” He turned and walked into the house. Lorna walked in next holding onto Stacey’s hand though the woman was gripping Lorna’s. The three older children walked in next with their father bringing up the rear, still carrying their youngest daughter.

Michael finally stopped when he reached the living room. Debbie was standing near a doorway, waiting what her employer was going to ask of her. Michael then offered his guests to take a seat.

“Is there anything you would like?” Michael asked, once everyone was sitting down.

“I’m thirsty,” the eldest boy said. The other two quickly mentioned they were as well.

Stacey finally found her voice. “Do you have any milk?” she asked.

Michael softly smiled. “Debbie can you get the children some milk. And for the little one…”

Luke reached into his jacked pocket and pulled out his daughter’s sippy cup. “Alice will have milk too. Though you may need to rinse the cup. And my wife and I will have some water.”

Michael took the spill proof cup from the man and handed it to Debbie. Though his children were all drinking out of proper cups by the time they were three, he wasn’t going to knock how other parents raised their children. Within minutes Debbie returned with a tray of three glasses of milk and freshly cleaned spill proof cup for the toddler. Also on the tray were Lorna and Michael’s usual drinks and some water for the parents.

“Thank you,” Luke replied taking his water. “Lor, why are we staying here? I’m sure Mr. Jackson has better things to do.”

“Bro,” Lorna said. “Trust me when I say, he doesn’t mind and I would like you to stay here so I can visit with you. It’s been years since I last seen you.”

“It’s no trouble,” Michael agreed with Lorna. “This gives me a chance to know more about Lorna. Please you can call me Michael. Sometimes formalities bother me.”

“Stacey,” Stacey said. “These are our children. Dustin, Lisa, Noah and Alice.” She pointed to each child.

Just then Michael looked up as he saw his own children come from another room. I guess they were going to take a break from their studies.

“May I introduce you,” Michael started. “My children. My eldest son Prince Michael the first, better known as Prince. My daughter Paris and youngest son Prince Michael the second, better known as Blanket.”

“Hello,” the three children said with perfect manners. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Stacey smiled at the behaviour of the Jackson children and then introduced her children. She was still in quite a shock of sitting the living room of her favorite singer. She was also quite surprised to see the children without masks on.

Noah looked at the boy who was the same age as him. “Why call you Blanket?”

“Noah!” Stacey snapped. “That’s not nice.”

Blanket walked over to the boy. “It’s my nickname. I once always had a blanket over my head when I was a baby.”

“Children,” Michael addressed his children. “Why don’t you show them your play area?”

Lisa gulped down her milk and smile. “I’d like that.”

“I think the children would enjoy that,” Luke said. “They have been nearly restless. Remind me to never take a trip again on a plane with over active imagines.”

Lorna blurted out a laugh at the comment. “Oh come on Luke, you got to remember the times we drove our parents nuts.”

“If I remember correctly that would have been more you doing that,” Luke remarked.

“Hey!” Lorna half snapped. “I had three older brothers to fight off.”

Michael began to chuckle as the two siblings bickered. Paris, Prince and Blanket went up to the three older children and offered to take them outside. The six children soon disappeared. Luke set Alice on the floor and pulled out some of her toys to play with.

The little girl didn’t play with her toys for long before she climbed into her mother’s lap and was soon asleep.

“I guess she’s tired,” Lorna commented.

“This was her first plane ride and she did not like it,” Luke stated. “She was nearly sick.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Michael explained. “There’s two bedrooms already for you. You have the choice in allowing your older ones to bunk in with mine or you can use the second spare room for them. The choice is yours.”

Stacey looked at her husband. She knew he was not comfortable in being around the singer and she was still flabbergasted though she did find her voice. Her husband shrugged.

“How about for tonight for sure, the kids sleep in the other room,” Stacey answered for her husband. “I’m still reeling over the fact that I’m here, right now, sitting in the living room of Michael Jackson, in front of him no less.”

“Honey,” Luke half warned. “Don’t go freaky on me. You don’t want to startle Alice like you did the day you found out we were coming here.”

Both Lorna and Michael could see Stacey was trying really hard not to squeal in delight. Michael had to give her credit for trying her best. He looked at Lorna who was sitting beside Stacey.

“Would you like to rest?” Lorna asked.

Stacey slightly turned her head to her brother’s sister. “I don’t know if I honestly could. Not with my excitement. But perhaps I could try and lie down. Where are our things?”

“Debbie,” Michael turned to the woman. “Can you be sure their things are taken to the spare room.”

Debbie nodded and soon headed to the stairs where the luggage was sitting. Only Debbie and Security were allowed on the second floor.

Stacey stood up with a sleeping Alice in her arms. “I’ll go up and rest and get the playpen set up.”

“Playpen?” Michael questioned.

Luke looked at the singer. “Alice may have her own bed at home, but she seems to get up and wonder around. So when she goes places, we take the playpen and she sleeps in that. She doesn’t mind. She feels safe in them.”

“I see,” Michael said.

Lorna stood up and walked over the singer. “Whatever works. Each family is different.”

Michael looked lovingly at his woman and nodded. “If you just go with Debbie, she’ll show you to your room.”

Stacey gave her husband a quick kiss before leaving where Debbie disappeared. When his wife was gone, Luke turned of his façade. “Alright, now that she’s gone. I want to know what’s going on?” he demanded.

Lorna looked at her brother. She knew this was coming and prepared Michael for it. Luke was the eldest brother and he was always overprotective of his baby sister.

“Luke,” she said. “I have been holding something back but I wanted to wait until Stacey was gone to tell you in case you got mad.”

“And what would that be?” he asked.

Lorna took a deep breath. “For one. I’m no longer a little girl; you got to always stop being the big brother who marches in to protect me. Luke it would be best if you sat down.”

Luke’s eyes narrowed. Now he knew something was up. He sat down and waited.

“Well there is no easy way to say this,” she said. She looked at Michael for support. He grasped her hand gave it a squeeze. “I’m in love with Michael,” she informed, taking the direct approach.

“You are what?!” he blurted. “But…but…he is…”

“Lucas Dennis McCall!” Lorna yelled stomping her foot. “He is not! Now I will not allow you stand her and insult him like that. Can’t you just be happy for me that I found someone to love me?” Tears sprang to her eyes. “If Michael was what you suggest, then why does he have three children? Or why was he acquitted back in 2005. If he was what you say he is, then I’m sure social services would be on his ass faster than elephants in a rampage.”

She would have bolted if Michael didn’t have a firm grip on her hand. He hated the idea of the man in front of him still thought of his as a pedophile, but he knew this had to come out and doing it now was probably the best time. Get things out so the rest of the vacation could run smoothly.

“Your wife believes he’s innocent, why can’t you?” she continued.

“Lorna don’t you remember what happened to you as a child?” he defended suddenly.

“Like I could ever forget that!” Lorna snapped. “I know what happened, but that doesn’t mean everyone is like that. I have been with Michael and he never once stepped over the boundary. He’s a kind, decent man. Something that most men these days lack.”

“And doesn’t it bother you that he’s like 16 years older than you?” he asked.

“Should it matter?” she asked. “I know he’s almost 51 and I’m 35 .He knows there’s a big age gap. But we both don’t care about that. We love each other and that’s what matters. I love his children like they were my own. And if I could never have any children, I would be happy.”

Luke could see Lorna was holding back her tears. He snapped his mouth shut on something he was about to say and let the room go into an uncomfortable silence. He watched as Michael began to gently rub her back with one hand and hold her hand with the other. The singer also gave the upset woman a kiss on the head. He knew he was going to have to put his feelings aside for the sake of Stacey and his children and perhaps it was worth it for Lorna as well. It had been a long time since he saw his sister and he wanted her back in his life. And the singer was offering his home for him and his family.

“Lorna,” Luke started gently. “Are you happy here?” he asked.

Lorna half looked up as tears fell from her eyes. “I am,” she answered. “I love him, Luke.”

Luke looked at Michael. “And you love her?”

Michael nodded. “Luke, I would never hurt your sister. That’s not me. I am trying to make the world a better place and to do that; I cannot act like the others. I love your sister very much. She makes me laugh and gives me new hope to wake up to in the mornings.”

Luke went quiet for a few minutes more before standing up and walking over to his sister. “Well, I guess I have no choice in the matter. Lorna, you have my blessing.”

She looked at her brother with shock. “What?” she questioned.

“I wish you well Lorna and if he makes you happy, then I’m happy to know you are. I miss you too much to hold a grudge against you.”

Lorna cried out and latched herself onto her brother in a big bear hug. Michael watched as a small smile formed. Her brother was going to be able to accept them. While Luke hugged his sister, he looked at Michael and held out his hand towards him. Michael greatly took the hand with a smile.

“You better look after my sister, or there will be hell to pay,” Luke said.

“I will,” Michael nodded.

Lorna pulled out of her brother’s embrace and slugged him in the arm, forcing the man to let go of Michael. The man knew his sister was meaning business. Michael was just happy to see Lorna happy, though in the back of his mind what was Lorna holding back from him that happened when she was a child. Something happened and he was worried to what it was. He promised to ask Lorna about it later when they had a moment alone. But for now they weren’t going to be alone, until the trip to Canada.