- Text Size +
Chapter 15
Trip to London

Keeping true to the word, Lorna and Michael left it quiet between them of their relationship, wanting to make sure the children were going to be comfortable with the two being ‘together’. The other staff members had their hunches on the secret developing relationship but did not say a word. Nor did they ask the security guards what was going on, as they knew everything. They had watched closely as their employer had a lunch ‘date’ with Miss McCall and even witnessed as the two had shared their first kiss.

Though the two hated being apart and acting like friends during the day, though they did do their cuddly moments in front of the children, they did not release their full feelings until after the children went to bed, which then he would invite her to his room and he would read to her more of the Cinderella story. She didn’t mind that at all as she got the moment in where she could cuddle into him, laying on his chest. He would prop his head up with pillows. They would read for about an hour each night.

Michael was vastly beginning to enjoy there evenings together. With no staff members around, the two could easily express their feelings. They would read for an hour and then either would take walks around the property or spend some time sitting in the tree, holding hands. Of course the two would share some romantic kisses along the way. The security would stick around the manor until Michael would go off to bed and even one security would always remain at the manor as he did not have a family to go home to. Since admitting her feelings, Lorna started to not be so scared of climbing trees.

The two were currently sitting in a tree, holding hands with him softly rubbing her knuckles. “I see you’re getting more courage to come up here,” he stated.

She looked around, marvelling at the beauty again. “Yeah, well I have someone special to help me along the way.”

He smiled warmly. “I love our evenings together. I feel so refreshed and relaxed. You know we won’t be seeing much of each other when I start rehearsals.”

“I know,” she said. “But we’ll still have our evenings. Besides, it will give me some time to figure things out.”

“What kind of things?” he asked; raising her knuckles to his lips and left a gentle kiss there.

“Well you know my father was mysterious killed and I have been thinking about him lately. I’m thinking of contacting the LVPD and see about having the case reopened. It’s a cold case, yes, but I have always wanted to know. Seeing you with your children reminded me of my Dad.”

He nodded. “I wish I was there for you when he passed away. Same as for when your mother passed away.”

“I know, but you’re here for me now and that is what matters.” Two weeks ago, she would have blushed if he kissed her hand, but now she had no reason to as the two were dating.

Lorna looked at her watch and realized the time. “Perhaps we should do this at another time. It’s getting late and we’re leaving tomorrow morning.”

Michael nodded. He moved away and climbed down. She then climbed down as well. This time when she got close to the ground and he reached up to steady by holding her waist, she did not jump, instead she allowed herself to fall into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck. He braced himself for her release, as he knew she was going to do it.

Once the two were both fully on the ground, they looked into each other’s eyes before rising forward to seal their wonderful evening with a gentle but yet romantic kiss. He loved kissing her.

-

It was now time to take the trip to London. With everything all packed and loaded into the car, Lorna started to feel a sense of nervousness. In reality she had not been on a plane since she had moved to Vegas and that was nearly 20 years ago. She was going to take a plane to Canada a month and half ago, but she really didn’t think of it then as she was sad she was going to leave her new friend.

Her thoughts were interrupted, as there was a knock at the door. She turned in time to see the man she loved entering the room.

“Are you ready?” he asked.

“I guess so,” she said.

He gave her an odd look. “Is something the matter?” he asked as he walked further into the room.

“I guess I’m a little anxious,” she admitted. “I haven’t been on a plane for 20 years and since 9/11, I began a fear of flying.”

“How come you never told me this before?” he asked as he wrapped his arms around and kissed her temple.

“It never really crossed my mind as I was suppose to leave and the sadness of leaving was consuming me more than my fear.” She hugged him back, sliding her hands under his sport coat he was wearing.

“You have nothing to fear,” he whispered, untangling his arms from her back and gently lifted her chin to look at him with two fingers. “I have travelled all over the world and I bring my children where I go. We are taking a private jet and the security will be very tight.” His other shoulder found it’s way to her neck where he began to softly rub it.

Her eyes closed. “How do you do that?” she asked. She could hear him chuckle. “Is it your voice, or just somehow the words you use that always seem to calm my nerves?”

He leaned towards, a breath away. “Or maybe it’s because you have a very gentle boyfriend.”

She looked into his dark pools. “Don’t I know it,” she smiled. “And when this gets out, I’m going to have hell to pay with your fans and tabloids.”

Michael nodded. “But we’ll face it together. I think the children are beginning to get suspicious of our behaviour.”

“Well you were the one who wanted to keep this a secret for a little bit. I think we could tell them. They do like me.” Her arms tightened around his waist.

“We better get going before we are missed,” he suggested.

She smirked before reaching forward to give him a light kiss. She then disengaged her arms and was about to move when he tightened his hold, pushing her against him, covering her lips, which quickly turned into a duel. Their kiss was disturbed when a security guard came around the corner.

“I’m sorry to disturb you,” he said as he saw them kiss.

Michael pulled away and licked his lips. He continued to stare at his woman lovingly.

“Everyone is ready and we’re just waiting for you two,” the guard announced.

“We’ll be down in a minute,” Michael answered. “Be sure to have a fedora hat and sunglasses for Lorna.” Lorna gave him an odd look. He smiled at her. “I’m sure she’ll want to avoid and media, though that will put more talk that isn’t true.”

“This time I will be ready for them. “I’ll just have the sunglasses and if it is alright with you, I’ll walk beside Grace.”

“I’ll have the sunglasses at your disposal and I will be sure the fedora is nearby in case you would like it,” the guard said. He turned and walked away.

“Just the sunglasses?” Michael questioned. “That will give a better a picture of who are.”

Lorna lifted her head in a defiant look. “Bring it on. If I am going to date you, I guess I should ‘suck it up buttercup’ and deal with it. I love you and for that I must accept and be proud of your fame.”

Michael smiled brightly and pulled her close in an embrace. “You don’t know how much that means to me. But we better get going.”

-

Getting to the airport was no problem, but getting past customs was difficult. The kids were tightly holding their masks as they walked along, with their father taking the lead. Lorna and Grace were holding the hands of the kids. Lorna had her hair in a ponytail. Blanket was in the middle having his hand held by Lorna and his Nanny. Prince walked on Grace’s other side as Paris tightly held Lorna’s hand.

Lorna could hear, ‘who’s that?’ and ‘that’s her’. She ignored the voices and held her head quite high. She could see cameras going off. She watched as Michael waved and blew kisses to his fans and the cameras. Once getting past customs and made their way to the waiting area, which was completely empty for Michael and his group. Tons of fans gathered around the glass windows to watch and scream his name.

Lorna rolled her eyes at them as she saw them; it was a good thing the room was nearly sound proof. The group had to wait for the current plane that just boarded from that hanger, to take flight before they could board the private one. Blanket and Paris were sitting in one of the seats and waited patiently. Grace sat beside them. Lorna walked over to Michael.

“How can you stand them?” she asked.

“I love the energy that I get from the fans. Yes it can hurt the ears at times but it’s no worse than my concerts and I love the sound. You did quite well.”

“Thank you,” she smiled. “Though I did hear more of the whispers, but I just kept on going. Though once the world knows of us, they will get a shocker.”

Behind his sunglasses he raised a brow. “And how do you plan on doing that?”

She lowered her sunglasses so he could see her eyes. She gave him a wink. “You’ll just have to see what happens. I know I’ll have to do some crowd control on the nasty rumors already started.”

“Mr. Jackson,” a voice was heard from a loudspeaker. “You and your party may now board the private jet.”

Everyone stood. Michael walked away from Lorna to head towards the walkway to the jet. The others then fell into line like before with the guards surrounding them. As soon as they were on the jet and seated, one security guard remained on board while the others went out and inspected the jet to be sure everything was in order. The inspection took a little over an hour and when they were satisfied everything was fine, they boarded, allowing the pilot to get the permission to leave.

Lorna gripped the armrest in her seat as she felt the jet jolt forward, indicating they were moving forward. Michael was sitting beside her and he grasped her hand and held it tightly. Once they were in the air the security guards unbuckled their seat belts and went over to the refreshment stand and offered everyone something. Michael even unbuckled himself, indicating to Lorna that it was ok now. When she did, he continued to hold her hand and softly brush his fingers over her knuckles.

“You see,” he whispered in her ear, giving her cheek a soft sensual kiss. “There’s nothing to worry about.”

“Michael,” she whispered. “The others are around.”

“Daddy,” Blanket called from his seat as he played with some of his toys. “How long is the flight?”

“About ten hours,” the pop singer answered as he moved away from his girlfriend. “This is your first trip in awhile.”

“Miss McCall,” one of the guards said from Lorna’s right. “Would you like me to set up the laptop?”

“There’s wireless?” she asked with surprise.

“Of course,” he smiled.

“Please do,” she said.

Michael removed his shakes and raised his eyebrow. “What are you doing?”

She turned to him. “I’m going to check my emails and maybe chat with a couple friends.” She stood up and walked over to where the laptop was being set up. Michael then walked over and decided to watch her. Though he wasn’t much for the Internet and found it was dangerous, he was intrigued by what Lorna did. He watched in fascination as she typed really fast on the computer. He never saw anyone type that fast before.

-

Once getting to London and they made it through customs, a limo was waiting for them to take them to the hotel they were going to stay at. As they stepped out of the airport to the screaming fans, Lorna couldn’t help but stop to and ‘wow’ the view. She would have gawked longer until one of the guards whispered in her ear.

“Please keep going. Mr. Jackson can show you around later.”

Lorna gave him an apology smile and then continued walking to the car. She was silent as they drove to the hotel, staring out the window at the sights. Michael was sitting beside her, smiling. She looked like a kid at Christmas. He lowered her face to her ear.

“I told you, you would love it here,” he whispered. “I suppose you got caught up in the moment with seeing the city. I saw the guard had to talk to you.”

She continued to look out the window for the main fear that if she turned, she would be kissing the man she was beside and she didn’t want let the cat out of the bag. That was for Michael to do. All too soon, sight seeing through a window was over as the pulled into the back parking lot of the hotel.

Lorna was quite confused when they pulled into the back of the hotel and everyone got out and made their way through the kitchen of the hotel to the service elevator to their floor. Upon arriving in one of the rooms, they could hear chants coming from just outside the windows at ground level. Lorna was quite surprised that the whole floor of the hotel was vacant for Michael Jackson and his crew who was with him.

“Mr. Jackson,” Grace called. “The children look wiped out. I’m going to get them settled into bed.”

Michael looked at the Nanny and nodded. He walked to his three children and gave them each a hug and kiss. Lorna decided to as well give her good nights. As the kids left, Michael walked over to the window and opened it, letting in the screams. The second his hand went out the window the screams got louder. He then gave his fans a wave and a blow kiss before returning into the room and addressed his girlfriend. The security also had left the room, as Michael was now safe.

Lorna gave a stretch. “Well I think I’ll head off.”

“Do you have to go?” he asked.

“Michael, I haven’t been on a plane for that long before. And I’m soon going to have jet legged.”

He wrapped his around her. “I’m glad you’re here,” he said.

“So am I,” she agreed. “And since last week, I’ve been excited to come and I still am. I’m somewhere I’ve never been before. I love it.”

He smiled at her. “Your room is next to mine. If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to enter. My door is always opened for you. In three days is my speech and I would like you to be there, giving me moral support.”

“Really? You want me to be there?” She blinked. “Why? I mean it’s your speech. It’s not right of me to do that. I can’t stand up there with you.”

“No, but you can stand off to the side with my security.” He pulled his arm away and placed it over his heart. “It would make me happy if you were there with me.”

She looked lovingly at him and softly sighed. “Oh Michael, how can I say no. That soft voice of yours…how can I?”

He gave a smirk. “Well at least I know my voice has methods of persuasion.”

She raised a brow. “Don’t be going around and filling more of that ego of yours. I do know men can get a little too proud when their ego gets involved.”

“I would do no such thing,” he whispered. She tried to hold back but couldn’t and a yawn escaped her. “Perhaps you are correct in wanting to get some sleep. But would it be ok, if I give you a good night kiss?”

“I think that could be arranged…” she reached up to meet his lips. He didn’t let her reach up too far before he had his on hers. The kiss lasted longer than a normal good night kiss would last, but it was enjoyable to say the least.

-

Over the two days before the speech, Michael took Lorna and the children on an adventure around London. Lorna was quite intrigued to what she got to see. When the children would go to bed, Michael would then treat Lorna to an evening out to see the night-lights of the city. They were so remarkable to her. Lorna made sure to take a lot of pictures with a new camera Michael had given her. With the security guards around, she was able to get pictures of the two together. Even Michael snuck some pictures in.

She wouldn’t realize he did take pictures until she would turn around he would be putting his hands down with said item in hand. Many times she would try to scowl him on it but he would just laugh and pull the camera out of her grasp but raising his arm up higher so she couldn’t reach.

After the tenth time of him doing that, she got really annoyed at him.

“Michael,” she growled as she tried to reach up to get the camera. “You are not being fair.”

“I’m not being fair?” he asked innocently though he was giggling. “Who is the one who keeps getting pictures of me when I’m not looking?”

“Hey I want pictures of you, being you, not tabloid crap and certainly not what the media releases. Now give that back.” She tried again, but he moved out of the way once again. “You are so lucky the kids are not here and we are alone up here.”

It was the night before he would make his speech and the two were standing on top of one of the skyscrapers that over looked the London Bridge with the security right there.

“That is true,” he said. “So what is wrong with me taking a few pictures of a beautiful girl such as yourself?” he asked as he placed the camera into his other hand, as she was pulling down on his arm which was holding it.

She groaned, as she had to then attack the other arm. “Because I’m not one for surprise pictures.”

“Better get used to it,” he said as he handed the camera to the other hand again.

“Michael, cut it out,” she whined. “I want it back.”

Over where the security was watching, they were quietly laughing at the lovebirds as they fought. They were dreading the day when it would come when the two probably would have their first fight.

As she was trying to jump for the camera, he decided it was high time to end the little charade. With his free arm, he wrapped his arm around her waist, forcing her to stop jumping. She gave a gasp as her body was suddenly pushed right into his body.

“Now what’s this about wanting me to stop?” he asked with mischief in his voice.

“How do you do that?” she asked breathless. “You always seem to catch me off guard. One of these days I will get you back.”

“I’m looking forward to that day.” He lowered his other hand so the camera, resting completely between them, wrapped his other arm around her. “Now if you want to move, go ahead, but then that camera will be ruined.”

She narrowed her eyes. “You sneaky little Fu…”

“Ah ah,” he said, slightly cocking his head. “You know how I’m not into those kind of words.”

“Sorry,” she said. “But you are sneaky.”

“You can be sneaky too,” he added. “As you got some pictures of me without my knowledge.”

Her face took a serious note. “Are you sure you want me to go with you tomorrow?”

“Yes,” he answered. “I love you and wish for the one I love to stand near me as I announce to the world my plans.”

She smiled. “I just wanted to be sure you want me there. Your children won’t be there.”

Michael nodded. He slowly reached up and grabbed the camera and then pulled away from her, placing the camera in her hands. “Are you ready to head to the hotel?” he asked.

“Can we get one more picture?” she requested.

“I think that could be allowed,” he grinned. He looked past her and ushered with his hand for his security to come over. One of the men walked over.

Lorna looked at the man. “Can you get one more picture of us?” she requested.

He nodded as Lorna handed him the camera. Lorna then grabbed Michael’s hand and walked near the ledge. When she was directly in front of the lookout of the bridge, she turned. She then cuddled herself into Michael, wrapping her arms around his waist, getting him to do the same. The two looked towards the camera, pressing their cheeks together and waited with a smile for the guard to take the picture.

-

The day was finally here for the press release and just as promised, Lorna went with Michael to make his public speech about his concerts. She could see he was really looking forward to this, as he couldn’t stop smiling the whole time in the car. He held her hand tightly as they drove. She again only donned on sunglasses and had her hair in a ponytail. Michael’s was down, but volumized with his wig. He had his sunglasses and with him wearing black jeans and his black studded shirt and studded armband, he looked very handsome.

He looked at her when the car stopped. “I love you,” he whispered, giving her hand a kiss.

She did not get the chance to speak back before the door opened and he had to let go of her hand to head towards where the podium was. Lorna stepped out next and walked a little bit behind him. She watched his back as he approached a red curtain and just beyond that she could hear fans screaming his name and calling out ‘This is it’.

She watched him disappear around the curtain and she stopped just before the curtain and listened to her boyfriend give his speech. She was able to see from a monitor nearby his reaction and the reaction of his fans as he spoke. She even giggled when he stepped away from the podium for a moment to give a few air punches, causing the audience to cheer louder. He then continued his speech.

She watched in fascination as his speech ended with him giving the peace symbol on both hands and said.

“I’ll see you in July!” With that he turned and walked from whence he came from behind the curtain. Before he disappeared behind the curtain, he stopped and blew a kiss to his fans before finally retreating behind the curtain.

“That was a good speech,” Lorna said as she walked over to him.

He smiled at her. “That it was.”

“Mr. Jackson,” one of the guards came up. “A message just came in from the hotel. There’s a message for Miss McCall.”

“A message for me?” Lorna asked. “The only person who knows I’m here is my brother.”

“We’ll head back to the hotel,” Michael announced. “I’m sure the children would like to have some time with me.”

Lorna nodded. The two walked the way they came, towards the car. Once getting to the street, one guard stopped Lorna from going any further until Michael was out in the open first. She waited patiently as she could hear fans calling to the pop singer. She did give a moment of jealously because of how popular he was, but it quickly passed as she remembered she was the one who got to kiss those kissable lips everyday, not the fans. They can have wishful thinking.

When the guard allowed Lorna to go, she quickly made her way towards the car and getting in quickly before too many fans had a chance to know she was there. Once in the car and the car pulled away, she leaned against the man she loved as he wrapped an arm around her. She didn’t know why but showing her affections in front of the security did not bother her. Perhaps it was because they had watched the development happen before their eyes.

Once getting to the hotel and entering through the kitchen to the service elevator to their floor, the two had to place on their façade until the right moment came to inform the children of their relationship. Besides Lorna was too anxious on what the message was for her to really matter. She had pushed herself away from Michael as she rushed down the hall to where the message was waiting for.

Michael was a little perplexed why she would push past him pretty quick once getting off the elevator. The guards were a little confused as well.