- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The reason the're's two parts are because while I was typing the chapter, my laptop restarted, only saving this half. So yeah, part 2 some other day. :/    

  Chapter 4: Unspeakable * * *

 

I stayed up all night long for the past 4 nights studying Michael's sleeping habits. Sometimes he wouldn't rest at all, other times he would try to sleep but wake up overloading. I tried looking for all different solutions, but all of them refuse to work. Each time I try and talk to Michael, Clover takes him to do tests and other stuff like that. 

    I sat at my desk, looking at my computer monitor. It was 5:31 in the morning. I let out a sigh and sat back in my chair. Everybody on the ship was asleep except Michael and I. Should I use this time to try and talk to him? Well, it's worth a shot.

 

I eased down the dimly lit hallway, careful enough not to wake anyone. I entered the room Michael was in and turned on the lights. He looked up at me with eyes that could hold such sadness. "Michael, why aren't you asleep?"

 

"Headphones."

 

"What about them?" I asked.

 

He pointed to another set on a table, "listen."

 

I picked them up and propped them on. At first it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Then after about a minute or so, It was quite annoying... No, flipping irritating. It was a creepy banging sound, then a click, and then a snap, while the word 'Music' was repeated the whole time. I quickly pulled the headphones off then looked at Michael. I couldn't force him to listen to that crap every night. I opened the chamber he was in, "Come with me."

"Where are we going?"

 

"Don't worry about it."

 

* * *

We entered the same room I had woken Michael up in. I picked up a scalpel, "Michael, I need you to lay on this table for me..."

 

His eyes widened and he shook his head wildly, "No..."

 

"Michael, I'm not gonna hurt you! I'm only trying to help. Trust me."

 

 

He nodded slowly and lied down on the table. I connected wires to him and connected him to the system.

 

On the computer monitor, it read the following:

 

CHARGED: 96% OBJECT: ON Turn off?

 

 

"Forgive me, Michael." As I pressed the 'Turn off' button, I prayed that he wouldn't restart. I'm probably making a huge mistake, but it's too late to turn back now.

Chapter End Notes:

Super sorry for it being so short. Review please~