- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I hope you like it. I just wanted to do something form the Ghost era.

Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope you like it. P.S. Lola and Michael are both the same age, 35.

Ahh...Halloween. The day of dead...not really but you get the picture." Tommy remarked.Lila...
"hmm..well, I don't like Halloween. A day to celebrate a bunch of monsters, ghouls, ghosts, gremlins, devils...sounds quite demonic to me." Lila quiver in fake fear and creepiness.

"Ah...I love Halloween. A day to dress up in peculiar personas and to have an pardon to obtain free confectioneries from the amiable locals.

In reality, it wasn't a celebration...rather a night of fright and delight." Lola smirked with her arms spread wide in glee.


"Well, besides the sweets...it's still horrible." Lila retorted, in a childish manner.

"God, the little scaredy cat." Lola ponder and scoffed.


"And tomorrow, my ladies it's tomorrow." Tommy shone a bright light to the sign that read: Happy Halloween.


Tomorrow...Halloween...At 8:00p.m.

The party...was filled with many visages...some bizarre, and some frightening. That's what Halloween was all about. The despair, the peculiar, the scary, the mirth of someone's fear. Oooh, a night to bring out the many emotions that could be good or bad.Except for Lola, Lola was a type of girl that enjoy the beauty of the dark. She loved being scared; She was enamored by the adrenaline that pumped through her veins. She wore obscure colors and skulls and chains...so this night was nothing but picnic to her.


She marveled at what Halloween was about..the candy, the fear, the scare, the having fun and of course the dressing up...This year, Lola decided to dress as a dark Angel. The typical black dress with the corset bodice, the tie up slits on the arms...a long dress that danced and cascades its way to the floor. A kind of dress Morticia envied. 


She had her glorious, black Angel wings on her back, that illuminating sparkled juxtapose the dark hue of the frockand her jet black strands prance along her back. Lola was on the curious side tonight...She stared of in space, disregarding the boisterous music and conversations of the many people. But her pensiveness was towards...the house... It was a mere dark shadow from the window.


The house story, traded down to generations...lingering the same warning: don't enter. It is said that the house, was haunted, lurks a ghost of man who never found peace alive and in the underworld. It is said...he still roams the hallways, looking for his long lost love, Alvira. A classic beauty that presumably ended her life due to depression, but no one knows the real tale.
Every urban legend that buzz through Lola's psyche, allured her closer and closer to the mansion of the restless apparition.

Hmmm....Lola thought...perhaps, I found out about this house myself. Distracted by their activities, Lola snuck out of the festive abode and stroll to the mystery house."pfft...ghosts" She murmured mockingly."I fear no ghosts. I befriend ghosts and then some." She spoke to herself.
Lola wasn't talking out of her butt. A gothic girl who had an aesthetic for the cryptic and obscurities of life.


The cacophony of music was just a distant sound as her clacking and tapping of her shiny pumps mingled with the sidewalk and now the streets. She was still pensive about the house. Was this house truly haunted? Was it tall tales? Was it a assemble to stir and scare children of their wandering, naughty minds to set foot on the premise? Whatever it was remained a stagnant accomplishment for years..centuries.  Her thoughts were soon interrupted.

 
Lola was now face to face with the nefarious frame of a house...The house...she corrected. The inquiring house...at that. Lola first became acquainted with it's dark ambiance, it's bluish-smokey gray bricks, or what appears as bricks...it was so ancient that the original stone was barely recognizable, It's outside appearance was a motley of a Victorian and Gothic structure, especially the  castlesque- spikey rooftops. Lola quietly and absentmindedly walked closer to the house.


Her gaze still locked on the house, meanwhile, her slender, long fingers pranced on the black yet oxidize gate. She brought her eyes lower and saw a weird golden rusty lock on the gate, it was molded into a large letter "M" M? She thought. She pushed the lock and gate way, surprisingly it opened. She was a litte bewildered of the gate's lack of tight security. She shrugged it off, and started her trek to the house of wonders...in her mind it was.


A mere Deja vu to her, her pumps clacked and tapped on the cobbled stone grounds, and yet again, her eyes locked on her awaited destination. Lola was so determined and sooo allured to unlatch the conspicuous rumors that lied within the residence. She finally walked on the steps, leading to the abode of obscurity. She licked her lips in anticipation, as well as the cold sweat that trickled down from her deep pores and glands.

"Oh, the house, the house, I finally made it to the house!!" She thought, merrily.


At last the inquisitive girl, made it to the front of the door. A very elaborate door. A black gate intermingle with creatures, that of the Hiberno-Saxon period where interwoven animals was a popular ensemble. The abstract beauty of the gated door intrigued her. Obviously the man was an admirer of arts, this made her more and more inquisitive of the house that stood before her. She knocked three times and of course no response. She un-invitingly push through the door, but not abruptly. She wanted to enter in a dramatic way.
She somewhat quietly enter, except the quirky gated door, release a creaky sound. 

"Hello?" Her delicate yet unique voice called out. To rescue her from embarrassment and no response, her voice echoed back.She slowly and again quietly, intrude inside. God, hello? really? A house abandoned for years and you ask Hello? She raised hell within herself. Her clacking heels made an entrance as well.Lola stepped from behind the door and finally revealed herself..as she did so the Door shut loudly and frightened the poor girl.


"God, that blasted door gave me the creeps." She whispered, with her dainty hand upon her fleshy collarbone.She walked further within the house, inhaling the scenery as well as the dusty air.Coughing a bit, she managed to gain her composure...well, most of it.She gazed at the vacancy, the darkness. Despite it's gloominess and deserted-ness, the decor was rather ravishing and unique. The oversized, clear chandeliers still carried an illumination through the dark-ridden home.


Smacked down in the middle, a spiraled like stair case that presumably hasn't been touched in years. The paintings..the portraits of visages that were only seen in the Victorian era, or possibly earlier. Their expressions gave off stern yet hopeful glow, as well as pride and dignity. Lola strolled some more. She viewed what she thought she would never see in her young life, clerestory windows. Windows as these were found only in castles that existed in the Romanesque period.


She unconsciously smiled at the sight; She spotted furniture, well, what looks like furniture concealed by bleach-white coverings..."Ugh..I bet their coated in dust bunnies." She thought.The house was magnificent, and this was only the downstairs. Her mind drifted off to the poor man that died here. She can only imagined his life, while exploring this lavish dwelling. He was probably extremely wealthy, had a eye for art, and as well as exuberant lifestyle.


"I wonder if he was virtuoso??" Lola thought.

Just as she thought it, she heard the keys of a piano, played in the distance. She turned around and followed the euphony. It sounded alot like Beethoven Moonlight sonata...Ahh, a classic piece she thought, but Beethoven was a genius.The clacking and tapping of her famous heels danced with the keys. When she finally reached the culprit room, where the piano was assumingly heard. The song stopped. She stopped in her tracks...


She was now scared. She folded her hands together, continuously rub them together out of her fear. Oh, God... the song just abruptly stopped?? I hope whomever was playing wasn't... frightened.SHe made it into the room...and no one in sight. The room empty, like the rest of the downstairs area. It was quite as beautiful.The fireplace on the right of her entrance, It was red... Crimson Red everywhere. This excited her, though the color red usually did.


She was now scared. She folded her hands together, continuously rub them together out of her fear. Oh, God... the song just abruptly stopped?? I hope whomever was playing wasn't... frightened.SHe made it into the room...and no one in sight. The room empty, like the rest of the downstairs area. It was quite as beautiful.The fireplace on the right of her entrance, It was red... Crimson Red everywhere. This excited her, though the color red usually did.


My intuition is telling me not to follow the mystery figure, but my since of adventure is in the way." Lola smirked to herself. Lola tailgated the figure that creeped behind the wall.She followed and followed down the dark corridor until she came upon a room, the room was dark like the home and supposedly furniture concealed by white blankets. Lola became annoyed by the sudden deja vu..."God, white cloaks and furniture, seems to be a hobby of his." She walked slowly and meticulously into a dark space or hallway.


Continuously, creeped until a skull appeared. Lola gasped in fear...What the deuce? Her mind rattled and her eyes widen in shock...The skull finally traveled sideways and a pair of Gorgeous, wide, Ebony floating pupils were shown soon instantanously.Lola still in overwhelmed."Did I scare you?" The manly yet soft voice interrogated, while raising his bushy, arched eyebrows.Lola rolled her eyes, to gain her composure.
"Did you scare me, no my heart and tongue just magiaclly switched places, you pretty eyed bastard."


"No." Lola said placid.

"Well, that's too bad isn't it." He said furrowing his eyebrows saracastically.  I guess I have to try harder." He said casting his eyes down to the concealed sofa.


"Pfft..uh, no dude there is no next time." Lola managed to say.


"No, next time huh? Why not?" He said with a sarcastic smile and throwing his skull mask on the sofa.I just shook my head in annoyance.

"God, I was scared...Oh, God."Lola rattled by her thoughts didn't notice the man, was gazing at her for answers with his arms crossed. Lola became bashful, fearful...of her life.This man...who was he? Was he hear to hurt her? 
Still paralyze by fear, Lola meticulously checked out the stranger. He was gorgeous. Big Ebony floating pupils,  chiseled cheek bones, jet black tendrils cascading and frolicking down his masculine jawline and neck, his full rosy lips like that of cupids bows, so Lola thought. Adorned on his angular frame was a white ruffled shirt, a slight opening, viewed his alabaster complexion and his white undershirt. Alongside his upper apparel, he wore black slacks and oxford loafers, jet black as his beautiful fine coils.


A man only exists in fairytales, A man of his calibar lives in romance novels, enticing silly women to fantasize behind their husbands back.

 

"Hello??" Lola snapped back into reality when sud---
The man begin to circle Lola, with his hands behind his back.

"So are you going to answer me? Why are you here?"

"I-I was just..


"Just what...trespassing, entering in my home univited,  walking among the halls in my premises?"


"Uh...when you say like that." Lola thought.


"I-I just came here out of curiosity...not to pester or meddle."


The man continue to circumvent Lola. Meticulously, he checked her out. Big, squinty almond- shaped, Ebony eyes, dark eyeliner masking yet emphasizing their lovely shape, a cute pointy nose with beauty marks over the left nostril,upon her upper full lip, as well on the side of her lower lip, Her jet black hair was curly and straight..... She wore a dark dress with tied slits on the side of the sleeves. He lowered his gaze to the v-neck of the dress. Subconsciencly, Lola placed her hand over her chest, fearing her cleavage was exposed, which connected to a corset bodice and traveled down to a mermaid bottom, he was taken by her frock. He casted his orbs to the slit on her dress, that exposed her shapely gams...


a pretty woman, a beautiful woman...the man thought. She radiate a dark, mysterious beauty, his type of girl.
"Ahh--Well, I'm sorry to intrude on your property. I was just curious of the rumors."Piqued by her talk of rumors, he asked.

"Rumors? What rumors?"

 
"No--nevermind."


"Oh, it's 8:30." Lola looked at an old, dusty grandfather clock.


Lola began to walk down the stairs, to make her departure.

"Wait where are you going?" The man said in stern yet soft tone.


Lola already made it to the door, and turned around, when suddenly... the man had vanished.Lola gasped and looked around. Her pretty eyes bounced from one direction to another, trying to spot the insanely handsome man...

"Vanishing into thin air...well, It is Halloween anything crazy and spooky is capable of happening." Lola said to herself. With that she left.

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you like it