- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Michael Jackson Enters the House ;)

I pushed open the huge glass entrance doors. 

There were people everywhere, staff members probably, that I didn't recognize at all.

I walked up to the front desk where a young lady with a pink flushed face, Pursed rose red lips, and hazel eyes sat flipping through a phone directory. She looked quite focused in her occupation as her eyebrows furrowed concentrating on the book she was a flipping through.

I cleared my throat. "Umm excuse me.. Where could I find Mr. Quincy Jones..?" I interrupted shyly.

"Oh.." She looked up at me slightly startled. "Miss Alana Ray!" She beamed.

"Yes that's me.." I smiled.

"Of course it's you! Everyone knows you!" She chuckled. "Mr. Jones is with the other artists in the recording room down the hallway.." She pointed down the hall.. But there were many rooms. "Here, how about I escort you there..?" She asked getting up from her seat.

"That would be great thanks.." I smiled thankful she had offered.

She walked me though the large foyer and extremely long hallway as I wondered if we were ever going to get there.

We finally stopped right at the end of the hallway where a pair of large wood double doors stood.

"Here we are!" She chirped opening the doors for me.

I gasped at the sight.

It was one of the largest studios I had seen in my life. I looked around recognizing the familiar faces of various different artists.

I was still awed at the size of this place. It was incredibly huge.

Everyone was busy scurrying around and talking amongst themselves fiddling with music sheets and pens.

I spotted Quincy rushing towards me hurriedly.

Uh oh..

My heart started beating at a fast pace. Where the hell was Shanice when I needed her most?!

Just then I caught her running my way like a child happily... O my gosh.. What in the world was she doing?!

By now Quincy had already reached me.

Confession time...

"Oh gosh.. I'm so sorry Quincy.." I started. "I woke up late this morning and I got caught in traffic.. And-"

"Oh Alana!" He interrupted before I could finish. "Don't worry about it at all.. You're not late.. Besides we still have a lot more people who still have to come.. Please come on in." He gestured inside the enormous room.

I followed him to one of the recording booths sighing in relief that he didn't get mad at me.

"I was just talking to Shanice about you.. You have a lead role in the song. I just wanted to change things up a bit. There was four main singers.. Now there'll just be two.. And you, of course, will be one of them.. So that means you'll get more lines to sing, if that's alright with you..?" He asked.

"Oh that's more than alright with me! I'd love to sing more.." I gladly accepted the offer.

"Hey girl!" Shanice cheered as she finally caught up to me.

"Neya.. How are you?" I smiled embracing her tightly.

"Better than ever! Did Papa tell ya?" She smirked looking at Quincy.

[Now before I continue.. Shanice is nicknamed "Neya" and Quincy is Shanice's uncle. But since he's so close to her.. She calls him "Papa" like.. Father]

"About the lead role..?" I asked looking at them both.

"Yes I told her Neya.. And she said she's fine with it." He smiled.

"Ooh! That's great! Good luck girl.." She smiled slapping my arm.

I laughed sarcastically, clenching down on my teeth. "Thanks girl!" I slapped her back on the arm.

"Oh you're very welcome girl!" She cooed slapping me again.

"Oh girl don't you-"

"How about we get started girls?!" Quincy said slapping both of us.

We both stood there embarrassed as I glared at Neya.

"Yes Quincy.. Lets get started.." I said through gritted teeth.

I was lead to a single glass recording room with the microphone I'm guessing I was going to sing through.

Quincy showed me the lyrics I had to sing and all the change ups they had made. He explained what ranges I had to use for each verse and so on.

After he finally explained to me everything I had to do he left the room to let me sing as other artist stood outside the glass room observing.

The instrumental started playing and I nodded along to the music.. But I couldn't concentrate. It was too cold.

"Could we stop for a minute." I interrupted feeling a bit guilty as I rubbed my arms for warmth.

"Yes Ally..?" Quincy asked looking at me from behind the recording equipment.

"I'm really sorry.. It's just. I can't concentrate.. It's a little cold in here..." I bit my lip.

"Oh! You should have said so before." He chuckled lightly. "We'll turn it up right away!" He turned to one of the staff members sitting beside him as he whispered something to him. The guy nodded and rushed off somewhere.

In a matter of seconds I felt warm air. I was far more comfortable this way. "Alright we can start again!" I signalled.

The music started over and I started singing, this time with no interruptions. 

***************

About halfway through the song we paused for a little minute break.

"You need some water?" Quincy asked holding out a bottle of water to me.

"I could do with some, thanks.." I smiled taking it from his hand.

Opening the cap off of it quickly I lifted it up to my lips and let it seep through my lips and down my throat instantly refreshing me.

But something caught me off guard..

The wooden doors opened up and heads turned, only a few.. But I was curious.

Smiles appeared of faces as people whispered amongst themselves at what came through the door.

I strained to see what, or I should say who it was that caused so much attraction.

"Alright shall we continue from where we left off again Ally?" Quincy asked through the headphones.

"Oh.. Yes.." I turned to him as I gathered myself preparing to sing through the mic again.

"Ok.. Can we just go through the 'there are people dying.. And it's time to lend a hand and so on... Can we start from there?" Quincy requested.

"Sure.." I smiled nervously. I cleared my throat as the instrumental started again. "Ooh.. There are people dying.. And it's time to lend a hand.. To life.. The greatest gift of all...-"

Just then I froze as I spotted someone in the corner of my eye.

The person I was expecting.. But completely forgot was coming.

 

Michael Jackson. 

Chapter End Notes:

Please feel free to leave a review of what you think about the story so far! And please do feel free to rate!<3 Thank you for reading<3