- Text Size +

When we got to unit 82 there was sweat beads along my forehead. I was so nervous. I’ve never been here before, but I’ve heard awful stories. We were thrown into a small, metal plated room with aluminum benches. It was absolute silence as we sat there. There was another girl in there with us, but I didn’t know her very well. She seemed too scared to want to talk anyway.


We sat there for an agonizing 15 minutes before a new officer opened the door quickly. He eyed us all and then turned to Bill and Tom.


“You two, come with me,” he ordered. Bill and Tom got up to follow the officer, but he didn’t look too pleased. Bill looked back at me.


“Say ‘yes, sir’,” I told them.


“Yes, sir,” Bill said in a quiet, shy voice.


“Yes, sir,” Tom added in an arrogant manner. The officer’s facial expression remained stone cold as he led the two of them out. I watched them go. I have to admit, even though those two annoy me I feel bad that this has already happened on the second day. I mean, I’m supposed to be watching over them and helping them! Not getting them sent to the 80 units. I feel kind of guilty... Damn, this is not going to be a fun afternoon.


About 10 minutes later the same officer that had taken the twins away had come back into the room.


“Michael Jackson,” he said in his deep voice. I stood up.


“Yes, sir,”


“Follow me,” he said as he made his way out of the room. I followed him out of the room and down some long hallways and into a larger grey room. At the far end of the room was a desk with a man behind it. I knew that he must’ve been the guy in charge of this unit. I stood in the doorway until he told me to come forward.


“Take a seat Michael,” he told me. I nodded obediently as I sat down in front of him. There was a brief silence.


“I’ve heard there were some problems this morning as you, Tom Kaulitz, and Bill Kaulitz were busy moving equipment around; is this true?”


“Yes, sir,” I agreed.


“What happened? You’re supposed to be helping them adjust,” he explained.


“Yes, sir. I understand. What happened this morning was quite a bit of complaining; more from Tom than from Bill,” –way too throw him under the bus— “He didn’t seem to understand the rules of this complex. I was trying to explain them to him, but he didn’t care to listen, therefore, we caused a disruption, sir,” I explained.


“I’ve looked into their files and it does say that Tom was admitted into this facility because of his anger issues,”


“Yes, sir, I believe that’s correct,”


“I understand that you’re trying your best, Michael,”


“Yes, sir, I am,”


“But his behaviour is unacceptable,”


“Indeed, sir,”


“You need to work harder to fix it, otherwise we’ll have to intervene like we’re doing at this moment,” he explained to me very seriously. I nodded.


“I understand, sir, I’ll try harder,” I assured him.


“Good,”


“But sir, may I proceed to ask a question?” I asked.


“Yes, Michael, go ahead,” he told me.


“What’s going to happen to us, sir?” I questioned. The man smirked.


“You? Nothing but a warning considering that you’ve got a clean record, and you were only trying to help. The Kaulitz twins, however, aren’t so lucky...” he began. He looked up at me dead in the eyes, and I waited for him to continue, but he didn’t. “Feel free to ask them the rest when it’s all over. Now go wait in the waiting room for the two of them to get back,” he ordered. I nodded.


“Yes, sir, and thank you, sir,” I thanked.


“Don’t thank me, Michael, this may not happen again,” he warned. I nodded.


“I understand, sir,”


“Good, now go,” he told me sternly. I nodded as I made my way out of the room where I was met by the officer who had led me here in the first place, who then escorted me back to the waiting room where I had to sit for a few more hours before the twins would be let back out.


I wasn’t looking forward to seeing the twins again and hearing about what they went through. I’m afraid that they’re going to walk out all beat up. Bill will probably be crying and weak at the knees. Tom will probably pretend to be strong, but will cry tonight in his chamber. Hopefully this’ll teach them to be more careful, because if they’re not we’re all going to get in a lot more trouble which definitely won’t help in me getting out of this place before my birthday.


Suddenly, the door cracked open loudly and the two twins walked in. Bill was drying up tears from his cheeks while Tom walked in with a stone cold facial expression; he looked pissed. I sized the two of them up, and Bill seemed to look quite fine; maybe they just scared him or something. It really doesn’t take much to make that kid cry.


Tom on the other hand looked like shit. He had a black eye and bruises along his arms. He had a limp in one leg as well; and that’s only the stuff I could see! Who knows what else happened in there. Considering Tom’s stubborn attitude there was probably more damage elsewhere. I’d definitely be asking about it once we’re out of this building.


“You three can go,” the officer told us, “I don’t want to see you three here again.”


“Yes sir,” we all said in unison. I looked at the two twins; surprised. Did they just say ‘yes sir’ without having to be reminded? Damn. Something must have happened in there. Something drastic.


And to think that this is only Unit 82... I can only imagine what torture they’d inflict in Unit 89. Hopefully I’ll never have to find out. Some things are better left unknown.


Once we were out of the unit I turned to the two of them.


“So... what happened in there?” I asked.


“You weren’t hurt?” Bill asked me in a small whimper. I shook my head.


“No,” I answered. His eyes widened.


“You’re so lucky,” he muttered. The way he said it was haunting, and now I kind of regretted asking the question because I’m not so sure I want to know the answer anymore...

Chapter End Notes:

We'll find out what happened within the unit in the next chapter :)

 

But in the meantime let me tell you something I did this week...

I got my BLACK BELT!!

No biggie, but I'm considered a lethal weapon so... ;)

 

Anyway, I thought I blew the test, but apparently I did well :D But it was so stressful because that was my third class back since I got back from France, and that was my Sensei's first class back, so I hadn't seen him since February, so we hadn't really practiced a lot of the stuff I needed to perfect. But anyway, the day he came back he asks if I'm ready and I said yes, just thinking he was talking about the class and then he's like; good, we'll do your test right away then.

:O

I was so scared lol! But I passed so it's all good! :D