- Text Size +

July 15, 1986 - 10:25 am

**Michael's POV**

I slowly, walk into Kitty's room with balloons attached to the lion I won her a few days ago, as I see her lying on the bed fast asleep. I put her things on the table besides her bed, and watched her sleep so beautifully and sound. Watching her rest made me know everything was going to be okay. But I couldn't help to notice the fact she did look different, as her face looked more fragile, and weak. She's also hooked up to a machine which is listening to her heart rate. I gently caress her hair as I watch her sleep. Her eyes open, after a few moments of caressing her hair and she looks up at me, but something in her eyes tells me something's wrong…..she looks rather afraid. Which I wonder why, she knows I'm not going to do anything to harm her….or maybe I frightened her? She wasn't expecting me?

"Kitty, what's wrong?" I ask as I squat down to the bed level, and she quickly picks up this marker and plain white sheet of paper from the table right next to her and writes on it.

"What going on?" I ask. She still doesn't respond at all, however she showed me what she wrote on the paper which read:

"I'm in pain, allot of it."

"Where do you feel the pain?"

She rips off a brand new clean sheet of paper and writes, her answer and shows it to me:

"Basically around my neck, but I do feel chest pains. I also feel extremely weak and exhausted. How did I end up here?"

"Aw, Kitty is it unbearable pain? And….What do you mean how did you end up here?"

She begins to write on a new sheet of paper and shows me:

"Yes it is unbearable pain. Can you get a Doc in here? And What I mean is, how in the blue hell did I end up in a hospital? I don't remember a damn thing that happened to me yesterday."

"I'll answer your question, right after I get your doctor. Hold on." I walk outside, and I see a few ladies at the front desk.

"Is there any way I can get a doctor in to assist a patient?" I ask them, all of them stopped whatever chit chatting they were doing, and begin looking for one.

"Okay we found one, where's the patients room?" One of the ladies asks.

"197."

"Okay, he's going in there now."

"Thank you."

"And oh wait! Can I get an autograph?" She asks as she hands me a piece of paper.

"Of course you can." I quickly write my signature off for the lady, and I walk back into Kitty's room as a doctor is there explaining something to her.

"Okay, Mr. Jackson, she's just sore. She'll feel allot better tomorrow." The doctor explained.

"Okay, thank you."

"You're very welcome."

I sit next to Kitty on the edge of the bed hoping she'd feel more comfortable with me closer to her.

"So you are here, unfortunately, because apparently, Latoya tried to kill you…."

She gave me a disbelief look on her face and immediately began writing then she puts it up in her hands and it reads:

"WHAT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!"

"I wish….But she really did try to, but I guess she totally forgot you had 9 lives." I wink at her as she slowly smiles.

"Aw, good you're smiling…you're feeling better?"

Then she writes down, slowly this time:

"No, but you make me happy (:"

I blushed at her comment, as I thought she makes me really happy too. This is why I always have to have her around.

"You make me even happier!" I told her as I lay down next to her. She looked back at me and smiled and rolled her eyes.

"What are ya thinking about, kitty?"

She grabs back her writing pad and writes down her reply:

"Not a thang."

"Hmm….why aren't you speaking to me?" I ask, since last night the doctor did say she was going to have problems speaking, but that doesn't mean she totally lost the ability to speak. The fact she's using marker and paper to talk to me sparks my curiosity. She again takes up the marker and writes me her answer:

"Because:

1) It hurts like hell, whenever I talk, so I want to avoid it at all costs.

2) I don't want to embarrass myself

That's why I'm not talking with you, vocally."

"What do you mean by embarrass yourself?"

She writes back:

"You won't be able to understand a word I say. So to save up all that drama, I asked for a marker and paper to talk to you or any other doctor, I'm not sure when I'll be ready to talk to anyone vocally again."

"No Kitty, the moment the pain you're experiencing is gone, I want you to start talking, just so you can get better at it again."

The look on her face wasn't too pleased with my response, she writes:

"No, I'm not going to make a fool of myself in front of you."

"You're not making a fool out of yourself, Kitty, I'm trying to help you get better, besides if you don't talk at all, it'll take even longer for you to recover."

She rolls her eyes, and begins drawing something, something that doesn't look too happy:

"-_-"

"What? I'm just trying to help."

"I huses, so" She replied to me, now vocally. But I wasn't exactly sure of what she meant. She then begins to rub her neck.

"What did you say?"

She gets the marker and paper back again and writes:

"See what I mean…"

"Practice makes perfect Kitty…."

She rolls her eyes and proceeds to write on her paper, which wrote:

"Okay, I promise when I'm not sore anymore I'll talk (;"

"Good Kitty" I wink at her signaling her I'm happy she plans on talking, to me very soon. She writes back with a smile on her face which her reply says:

"Thanks for getting me my lion, but Balloons? Why? It's not my birthday, Michael."

"I know, but you're my special girl. So you deserve balloons, just for that."

A smile instantly appeared on her face which she's writing which made me smile too.

"Aw, that's so sweet (:"

"Thank you."

However, this time she didn't look too happy when she proceeds to write again on the paper.

"I still can't believe Latoya would do something like that, attempt to kill me? She really hates me doesn't she?"

"I can't believe she'd so something so crazy…"

Kitty rips off all of the used pages all the way until a brand new one was on top & begins writing and shows me:

"Psycho Witch. I'm not going back to the house when I get better, am I?"

"I wouldn't want you back there, so no. I don't think I want to be there anymore either."

Kitty writes back to me:

"I'm going to press charges, are okay with it?"

"Totally fine with it."

Then she writes on her paper:

"Are you sure, I'm going to need you….since I don't remember the event at all so….were you there to witness it? Or is this just what you think happened?"

"Kitty, I saw the whole incident. Don't worry, if you decide to press charges I'll be there with you by your side the whole way through."

Her Reply:

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'll be there for you, through everything. I promise." She smiles at me, slowly, and holds my hand as I lean forehead and kisses her forehead. Showing her I truly do care and love her, and I'm not planning on backing up Latoya just because she's my sister. I believe there should be justice for Kitty and I'll be there for her to get it no matter what.