- Text Size +

June 1st 1986 - 10:30pm

I stood up anxiously, waiting for what they think of me.

"So Mike, We'll start with you, what did you think of Ms. Genovese, 'performance'?" Quincy asked as he giggled at his sarcasm.

"I thought it was… Wonderful."

I felt my heart stop when I heard his answer.

"Really?" I asked,

I put my hand on my chest & my eyes widen, as I looked around the room, touching my hair, & my chest, feeling if this was a dream or was this real. I just CAN'T believe what he just said! Thee, Michael Jackson, Thee greatest singer of all time, thinks I sound….wonderful? Was he lying? Goodness. I better pray.

"Yes, Really. I enjoyed your voice."

I feel like jumping up & down like a idiot, but I got to see what Quincy thinks next, he's the one that will be giving me my contract in the end.

"Hmm…..I don't know why but I feel like you could do even better than that. I should hear more…Can you sing for me one more song, please?"

Oh goodness another song? Great. Now I got to think of what other song I know the lyrics to.

"Come on Quincy, don't be so hard on her, you know she sounded excellent." Michael protested.

"Yes she did, & I don't want to take that away from her, but I want her best! & I don't feel that was her best. So a pretty please, Ms. Kitty?"

I giggled at when he said Ms. Kitty.

"Kitty is probably tired, it's 10:30 pm at night right now & she probably as a long way to go from here." Michael continued to protest against it.

"Lets let her decide what she wants to do, Ms. Genovese, Do you want to stay & sing one more song or we'll all call it a night & set a new date for you to comeback?"

What exactly do I want to do? Maybe, I should go back to my baby in the hotel & set up a new date with Quincy, think of which song I want to sing, & comeback all refreshed & repaired. Or….Stay & get it over with. Gosh knows, how my brain will be obsessed with this second meeting. Plus, Who knows when Quincy will call me back? I've been in LA for over a month. On embarking this career, I've been wasting crazy money with Aiden, Thank Gosh his parents are rich. My mom's money wouldn't be enough to be staying over here for so long, especially since she has no idea why I am here.

"I'll stay to sing one extra song." I answered him, feeling a little confident.

"Yes! That's Wonderful!" Quincy cheered.

I giggled & said "I didn't know you were so enthusiastic about it, Quincy."

"Yes! I am very henotheistic about this! Now tell me, what song do you plan on singing for me today, Ms. Genovese?"

Oh….Crap! Got to think of a song I can sing really, really Good. Ah, um, Between The Sheets? Wait! No! Nothing sexual….I do want to give off the wrong message. Ah, hmm ah, Ben? Oh crap, no I can't it's Michael's song. I don't want to do it & have the possibility of sounding crappy at it.

"Were patiently waiting…" Quincy says as he looks at on his left wrist. Seems like he's getting impatient.

I guess I'll have to stick with Ben, only song I have the lyrics on my mind at the moment!

"Umm…..I'm going to sing to you Ben, by Michael"

"Oh, that song, think it can bring out the very BEST in you?"

"Yes, whatever it takes."

"Okay, now when I say it I mean it Kitty, Sing Your Heart Out!"

The way Quincy said that it was like he was my dad putting me on punishment. This song will either make me flop really bad or go all the way. Now it's really do or die. I took a very big breathe & began.

"Ben, the two of us need look no more We both found what we were looking for With a friend to call my own I'll never be alone And you, my friend, will see You've got a friend in me Ben, you're always running here and there You feel you're not wanted anywhere If you ever look behind And don't like what you find There's one thing you should know You've got a place to go I used to say "I" and "me" Now it's "us", now it's "we" I used to say "I" and "me" Now it's "us", now it's "we" Ben, most people would turn you away I don't listen to a word they say They don't see you as I do I wish they would try to I'm sure they'd think again If they had a friend like Ben Like Ben Like Ben"

Tears just start flowing down my eyes, I'm just so overwhelmed. I know this time I really did sing my heart out, & if Quincy still isn't convinced. Then I might as well give up.

"See, now THAT, is what I call singing your heart out."

I felt the heart beat in my chest raise as I, put my hand over it & looked around & said "Really? Am I dreaming?"

"No, dear. This is no dream, more like Dream coming true. Right, Mike?"

"yes, of course I loved that cover of my own song. You did a good job, Kitty."

I put my head on the desk as I sobbed on it, crying my eyes out. The way I feel was so incredible. I feel so amazing inside. I can't believe the words I am hearing. I have a really good feeling about this. I think their's a possibility I could get signed! Ah! I can jump around like a idiot now if my legs weren't getting so weak from the amount of crying I'm doing.

"Hey, Kitty.." Michael says as he softly rubs my shoulder.

I looked up at him, trying to utter a word, but I couldn't because I was crying so much.

"Want a hug?" he continued to ask.

I got up off the table & turned my whole body around to him & hugged him as he hugged me back. Even though I was crying bloody tears, I can't help but to think…..damn! He smells too damn good. He really does. Right now, I could really enjoy a make out session with him. Jee, I feel pretty sinful for thinking such thoughts with another man besides my boyfriend. But it's okay, it's not like I am actually going to lip lock a man whose 27 years old. I am a bit too young for him.

"Okay Don't mean to break up the whole love fest here, but I want to arrange something's with you Ms. Genovese before you walk out of here." Quincy interrupted

"Yes, Quincy" I replied as Michael & I let go of our hug.

"Okay, first off, do not get too excited yet, Even though I said you sounded great, doesn't mean your being signed on."

"Oh yeah, sorry about that. Just got really overwhelmed. You don't know how you & Michael just saying I sound good, means to me."

"I'm sure it meant allot to you dear, but I'm just saying, the deal isn't on the table yet, First like what I said earlier Michael & I will look through your portfolio then by June 8th at 9:30 pm, you come back here & I'll tell you, the good news or the bad news. Okay?"

"Okay, Quincy. Are you sure you'll be able to go through everything by June 8th?"

"Yes Genovese & if not I'll just ask more people to pitch in. I do not like letting people wait long for these kinds of things so a week is as long as I am going to make you wait. Then you'll find out what it is going to be.

"Okay, anything else, before I go back to my hotel?"

"No, your free for the night. Goodnight! See you on the 8th! & Pleasure to meet you."

"Oh pleasure to meet you too Quincy, & again, Michael. See you guys soon."

They both waved at me as I walked to the door & I waved back right before I left. I feel nervous & yet again also, excited for June 8th. All the great possibilities, & everything my dream can finally HAPPEN. Can't wait to tell Aiden the amazing news! He'll be so happy I just know it!

**Michael's POV**

"She sounded really good. I like her." I told Quincy.

"I like….the way she looks…aint she what you call a P.Y.T, Michael?"

"Yeah she is really pretty."

"Mhm, I'd take her out sometime."

"Quincy, she is a little too young."

"How old is she?"

I showed him the résumé & pointed at her age. She is just 17 years old apparently, she turns 18 years old. But still Quincy, shouldn't be wanting to take such a young girl out for dinner. The age difference is quite huge.

"Damn it! Well….She turns 18 in August. Only 2 months away, then she's legal."

"Quincy? Please don't tell me your actually going to go for her?"

"Well if I don't, you will so I better get going."

I shake my head & laughed & said "Quincy you are something else."

"Yeah your right I am something else."

We laughed some more & continued discussing stuff concerning Ms. Genovese for the rest of the night.